PDA

View Full Version : Just got invited to Sport Compact Cars "EVO Tuners Shoo

robi
01-30-2004, 02:12 AM
Got to love it .Shiv taunts Dave Buschur on EovM and after my BuschurFlash Tune by Al, Al tells Dave it's one of the fastests Stock turbo Evos he's tuned so we get together and the next thing I know Buschur Racing and Bullit Proof Automotive team up to get me a Cusco twin carbon (my 20K old stock clutch was not long for this world) if I would rep a Buschur stage IV car for the shoot out... (I'm worried though... no one else has driven my EVO... and I heard that Magazine drivers/editors are sadistic when they aren't paying the bills!) But Hell I can't let the NoCal Cabal ride Dave on the forums for the next year...he takes enough shit for his two wheel dyno ;-). (Think Visnu will show up at the DSM shootout??? ). My bet is no... Shiv consider the glove thrown Dave got a car here will you get a car there??? Hope so because it's competition that makes out EVO's faster not DynoBarbies.

Temjin
01-30-2004, 03:15 AM
Got to love it .Shiv taunts Dave Buschur on EovM and after my BuschurFlash Tune by Al, Al tells Dave it's one of the fastests Stock turbo Evos he's tuned so we get together and the next thing I know Buschur Racing and Bullit Proof Automotive team up to get me a Cusco twin carbon (my 20K old stock clutch was not long for this world) if I would rep a Buschur stage IV car for the shoot out... (I'm worried though... no one else has driven my EVO... and I heard that Magazine drivers/editors are sadistic when they aren't paying the bills!) But Hell I can't let the NoCal Cabal ride Dave on the forums for the next year...he takes enough shit for his two wheel dyno ;-). (Think Visnu will show up at the DSM shootout??? ). My bet is no... Shiv consider the glove thrown Dave got a car here will you get a car there??? Hope so because it's competition that makes out EVO's faster not DynoBarbies.

Congrats Rob,

You car is awesome-You proved it to me at GMR. Think You mentioned that you spent less than $5,000 on tuning and Mods. $35,000 for the performance. That is a great perfromance to price ratio. Good luck at the shootout.

EVO Neil
01-30-2004, 07:38 AM
... and I heard that Magazine drivers/editors are sadistic when they aren't paying the bills!).

Actually test drivers for the magazines typically are easier on the cars since they test all the time and know how to get the best times in anything they test within just a few runs. If the Sport Compact Car guys are driving I can attest that their main test driver, Josh Jacquot, is an excellent driver having seen him test and spent time on the track with him. You're in good hands.

gt40
01-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Robi,

Please post your mods...

Secret Chimp
01-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Congrats Robi! This is very exciting for you I'm sure!

And I know that a new clutch was next on your 'to do' list anyway!

Give em all hell...I look forward to reading about it. :)

SC~

Absinthe
01-30-2004, 12:00 PM

it bothers me that such a grown man who clearly is bright feels the need to taunt other tunners that have specialty houses, and not just some turn up the boost shop. Shiv Should be more respectful of other tuners work with out their ground work he wouldn't have half the business he does because these are the guys who first stated tuning these cars.

go ahead flame me...I feel the same way about AL. Im also pretty sure the evo shiv sent to car and driver lost handily to the RMR evo.

GokuSSJ4
01-30-2004, 12:35 PM
congrats !! robi , have you also dyno your car to see the #'s ??

robi
01-30-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm in AZ for a couple of last minute mods @ Vivid Racing so I won't list much till I'm back home Dyno in AM @ Easy Street. Be there!

drwn kix
01-30-2004, 05:35 PM
I can't wait to see your numbers and mine at dyno day.

robi
01-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Damn didn't get all the mods installed (We were thrashing on Dans car most of the day) and worst I forgot the carbon sheet I'm making my new carbon splitter so I'm not blasting to CA and at least we'll have some fun next time.

robi
01-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Areo= C-west nose with Custom Vivid Racing Carbon Spiltter (adjustable for more down force :).front aero tray, and Rear aero tray
Susp= JIC RA2 coilovers set up by Road Race Engineering (Thanks John). Cusco Ti front upper strut bar, type two lower brace rear strut bar with "V" reinforcement. Perrin sway bar(rear) and endlinks.
Power Buschur Stage IV (go to their web site) with BuschurFlash. custom cold air box. (The guys at brainstorm would never answer my question about getting just the cold ram w/out the sprayer) Buschur's FMIC doesn't need a sprayer till about 600 HP. PWR Big alu radiator, Vivid lightweight pullys,
ETC; perrin catch can (yeah moogle I finally bought one) Jun oil cap, Baer Rotors (thank's Dan @ Pruven) Battery relocate+ grounding kit

Derekw
02-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Robi - You got any pix of this front splitter?

robi
02-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Not yet I've barely got it shaped and am workin on the mounting... It will only work with a C-West Nose tho'...

GokuSSJ4
02-01-2004, 07:41 PM
robi how do you like buschur FMIC ? also i thought it allow the use of the intercooler sprayer