PDA

View Full Version : Cusco carbon twin disc clutch?

AD_LIB
01-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Anyone get one of these on their car yet ? I would love to hear about it if so. Driveability vs. stock etc.

BA

gt40
01-30-2004, 10:27 PM
I just picked up my car with a new cusco carbon carbon... I have to break it in but initial feelings are it is a big improvement over the puck style I had before.

Much smoother and stock like pedal pressure. You give up so much in drivability going to puck style so I will never go with that again.

Mr. Bubbler got one some months ago and was kind enough to offer that I try it out while it was getting tuned. It felt very solid, smooth and easy to drive. the main difference it the clutch starts to engage almost as you let the foot back up- twin plate.

There is a slight noise but nothing near as bad as my aluminum flywheel on the last clutch made... I am very happy with first impressions...

Anyone want to place bets on how long this one lasts? My stock clutch died at 6800 and the rps ceramic got killed at 14200. The scary thing is i am not drag racing this car... really! Btw, i have driven stick for 22 years and every one of my cars has been stick- even the ford explorer i had special ordered with a manual....

GokuSSJ4
01-31-2004, 03:31 AM
do you think since the car has way to much hp and tq has a lot to do with it . That there not really ment to hold all that power . Some clutch companies claim that they will held till a certain amount of hp . But is ,mostly for track use cars only . An not cars that are daily driven ...
I went throught 3 clutches before in a short amount of period and it was because the motor was fully , the compamy stated that it should handle that andmore ,but things were just breaking :(

MrBubbler
01-31-2004, 05:38 PM
i dunno on how long it will last but it is carbon disk so im assuming it will hold alil bit longer then most whatever that is = (.....

MrBubbler
01-31-2004, 05:38 PM
gt40 did youy like my suspension?