PDA

View Full Version : Roll bars????????

racerferrari
02-01-2004, 01:13 PM
has anyone done any research on bolt in roll bars?....half one and full ones......i remember in my older porsche it had one of those Autopower ones that wasn't too bad

Absinthe
02-01-2004, 01:21 PM
I have one for my carrera but its just giant pain in the ass I have seen quite a bit of flipped evo footage and they seem pretty sturdy you may look ant a lighter weight 1.75 inch custom weld in set up at the front four points.

My bolt in is way to heavy for what it is.

robi
02-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Cusco...From mild to wild... Call Ben/Chris @ Bullet Proof Automotive. http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/ Tell 'em robi sent ya :-).

leaveit2bevo
02-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Hey Im getting my stock suspension tuned by John at RRE and he highly recomended a anti-roll bar, he said that it would completely eliminate understeer and it is adjustible from crazy stiff to not so crazy stiff.

gt40
02-01-2004, 11:29 PM
bevo, I did this already.

Don't think, drive fast, don't run, walk etc. over there and you will see

leaveit2bevo
02-01-2004, 11:32 PM
lol ya John has been really busy so he cant get the tuning done until after the 8th becuase of dsm days. Then ill be ready to keep up with you and Rich :wink:

robi
02-01-2004, 11:35 PM
I agree my car went from tight all the way through (after first turn-in) corner.. to slightly loose on entry with trailing throttle oversteer mid corner to slightly tight coming off. This from my oval dirt track expriance is the easiest combo to drive fast... I'll be a RRE tues. AM if you have time... see ya there.

robi
02-01-2004, 11:39 PM
It only takes about 1 hour to do the install (on jackstands...) It's simple get a bar show up sat early (12 on) and we'll install it in the Pits at T-Hill... (and make believe that we're F-1 mechs) :D

han74j
02-02-2004, 11:03 PM
hey this montsh import tuner have a aritcle about the sparco apexi evo they made roll bars for it check it out. adn the cover girls looks like Jamie Jameson