PDA

View Full Version : front splitters and adjusting wing???

racerferrari
02-01-2004, 06:36 PM
hey has anybody done any reasonable cost front bolt on splitters and has anyone modified the rear wing or at least taken it apart?.....i need somemore downforce for the OTC....i'm thinking of buying one of those cheapy fiberglass one and modifying it...any ideas?

robi
02-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Dan @ vivid has a EVO VII wing it's the one in the owners manual...4 adjustments... I shaped my own splitter and canards from sheet carbon vivid had...(I think I got the last one though) Call and talk to Mike..

han74j
02-01-2004, 09:12 PM
damn bro u have all 6 of those cars?

racerferrari
02-01-2004, 09:29 PM
i think the wing needs to be higher in the rear....i wonder if i can drill into it and add a second teir...kinda hokey...but it might work....can you send me pictures of your splitter..how much did you pay?

Anonymous
02-01-2004, 09:33 PM
damn i need a splitter for the heck of it....i think apr performance has them for 250 retail, but i checked them out..i couldnt find a retailer..i really need them.....they make it out of thick carbon fiber fabric

robi
02-01-2004, 10:17 PM
You will have to wait till T_Hill I have 5 days of shit to pack into the first three days of next week...

gt40
02-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Maliburacer:

You want a splitter for appearance or for performance...?

If you want it for performance the first thing you want to do is step on it mounted to the car.

If it holds your weight, it will hold the downforce you want to creat at the speeds necessary to make it worth the trouble. Attached to the chassis as opposed to just the front plastic spoiler is generally a good idea if it isn't just for show...

Keep in mind if you have a real splitter, you will want to stand on everyone elses' you see to figure out if it is just for pretend!

good luck

Anonymous
02-01-2004, 10:42 PM
sounds like a great test, of course i need more performance, the splitter i have only seen was on Adams car aka MrBubbler, which was pretty thick and looked like it could hold out the downforce.......he got his from apr-performance i think