PDA

View Full Version : stock heat shields

Anonymous
02-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Is it possible to drive without the heat shield with stock manifold? would it hurt the car at all?

GokuSSJ4
02-01-2004, 07:43 PM
you are referring to the exhaust mani heatshield right ??
if so i dont see a problem , but why would you want to remove it ????

Anonymous
02-01-2004, 07:55 PM
i dunno.........im just wondering if anything would happen?

ErroR
02-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Why don't you try it and let us know.

drmosh
02-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Your turbo will explode and fall out!!

Theoretically, nothing will happen, there are plenty of race cars without heat shields.

GokuSSJ4
02-02-2004, 12:01 AM
lol malibu racer you suprise me with some of your questions . Nothing against them, you just suprise me thats all ...

JWest
02-03-2004, 11:33 AM
In theory nothing too bad will happen...

Just that, in theory your car will be slower longer when you start driving it from a cold start. The turbine requires energy to spin (heat, pressure, etc). The heat shield may decrease some heat energy loss from your manifold, there by helping to spin your turbine (read more boost, sooner).

Also in theory, keeping the engine bay as cool as possible is a good thing. Cooler intake pieces promote a cooler (read more dense) air charge. All the little plastic and rubber pieces under the hood are happier being cool as well.

Finally the mani it's self, while being reallllllllllly tough. Prefers going through slower temperature changes rather than fast ones. It will be happier longer having some shielding from the world as it goes from 15C to 800C and back again.

my .02

JW

Whendidieatcorn
02-04-2004, 03:08 AM
i took my heat sheild off and have been running it that way for a couple of weeks now. no real reson for doing it except i think the engine bay looks better without it. but the car did run happier with it on. not faster or anything, just felt happier. i dont have it on now because i dont remeber where i put it. so i ordered the cusco heat sheild. it should give me like 800 hp or something. plus i will gain another 10 hp from all the cusco decals they send with their products. watch out enzo owners!!!!!!!

Anonymous
02-04-2004, 09:54 AM
lmao....HP? i dont think so

Whendidieatcorn
02-04-2004, 12:19 PM
i was trying to sound sarcastic........i guess it didn't work