PDA

View Full Version : The story of RRE's JIC setup and Porsche STS event 1:13.870

blurr
02-05-2004, 06:04 PM
So I went out to the Porsche Club Short track series at the Streets of Willowsprings last weekend. It was the first event I have ever done that had any sort of competitive nature to it. At the end of the day all the cars line up and you are sent out on the track with lots of space between cars to do a warm up lap and 2 timed laps. I really liked this setup and will defiantly be going back.

Anyway here is the best part… I won the EX group witch is anything non Porsche with a lap time of 1:13.870 :shock: . I also had the 7th fastest time out of 103 cars. The 6 cars that beat me were all Built up Porsche race cars that were trailored to the track. Also I did this with a car that has half the hp than a lot of the cars there. Honestly it was the JIC’s set up by Roadrace that lets me take the corners at an unholy rate of speed that helped me to win the event.

I dynoed the car this morning and made 272whp on XS Engineering’s 4 wheel dyno so I defiantly didn’t run that time because of HP and means there is lots of time to be gained now from HP mods.

They still haven’t posted the times from last weekend but you can find out what some past times have been here.
http://www.porscheclub.com/events/03/ShortTrack/03POCSTSNo8ccwrev4.htm Looks like most of the cars run around a 1:19 average.

------------------------------------------
http://www.oursbourn.com/evolution

Howie
02-05-2004, 06:14 PM
nice run matt! i love my JIC's. :)

han74j
02-05-2004, 08:39 PM
wow u did a 1:13:870 thats nice thats a very good time!!!! what do u have on ur car? other than the jic? Which JIC did u get? let me know please. you got any lower arm bars, sway bars?

blurr
02-05-2004, 09:29 PM
My chassis mods right now are:

JIC's Set up by John at Road Race.
Road Race sway bar
Lower arm bar from RMR to clear the RMR downpipe.

han74j
02-05-2004, 09:35 PM
sweet =0) which type of JIC is it?

blurr
02-05-2004, 10:12 PM
FLT-A2, but RRE uses thier own spring rates and shock travel setting, not just what JIC sends out in the box.

robi
02-06-2004, 12:41 AM
I own the Buschur stage IV and my Mech screwed up last night and didn't get the new clutch installed in time (21K on the stocker and could still spin the tires through 1st into 2nd) So I misted the Dyno and the rules are DNS/DNF any event=can't continue.... (Dave you don't know hoe sorry I am ;-(. ) The RRE car Blew but got a time I heard so they're putting in a new motor and will be ready in the AM...least that's what I heard... BTW if you live in SOCAL you should visit them and see how a real race shop runs...They completely setup and reworked the JIC coil-overs and settings for my car UNBEF'NLievable differance My JIC's now CONTROL the mass of the car...I thought the BuschurFlash was the best money spent(and for making power it was)...Now when the car comes off a corner it just sqats and jumps in the new direction...John you are a MAGICIAN...and guys this took over 12 hours to get every thing right...cost $1200.00 (much cheaper if I had purchased the JIC's from them)...live and learn... AND WORTH TWICE what they charged me...PM me for a ride.....I promise to scare you into next week.... all while in close to perfect control . See you @ Willow.

drmosh
02-06-2004, 12:49 AM
wow... nice times!! Just shows the EVO is a contender on a track like streets.

kaisho99
02-06-2004, 09:42 AM
That's awesome man!! Nice run.

Those other 96 cars musta been thinkin wth just happened! :lol:

Blak94GSX
02-06-2004, 02:30 PM
It is important to note that these are "Muellerized JICs" and not off-the-shelf JICs. There is a very big difference between what you get if you buy JICs from the local blingaltezzahonduhshopdiscount.com compared to the RRE package. JIC makes a quality product, but RRE uses them like Legos to assemble a good handling good riding setup.

Good job at the track Matt! It was good watching you on the track. I tried to get a video of your timed laps but you kept getting caught up in traffic and generally shafted.

The DSM world has been showing the Porsches they are at a disadvantage, and now it is good to see the EVO world is continuing the tradition, as the DSMs age and the numbers dwindle. Hard to argue with 280awhp+ with a decent suspension setup!