PDA

View Full Version : What does a 500+whp Evo feel like???

TammieNAndi
02-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Well, last night Road Race Engineering let my friend (who is a good friend of Mike's) and I take their baby (the blue shop evo) out for a spin... :driving:

Awesome, awesome, awesome. What an adrenaline rush. :D :D :D

We probably set a new record for attracting unwanted Po attention, within one block we distracted one from what he had stopped already and got the spot light treatment.

Let's just say this bad boy is not suptle, you can easily hear it coming two blocks away. So we were just hoping nobody was following the sound 8) .

The revs mount so quickly it seems hard to keep up with shifting gears, luckily I presume they had it on 'soft' rev limiter. Never having been in a big-turbo'd Evo before, spool seemed surprisingly good.

I don't know if they have the specs of their car somewhere, here are some of the goodies "I think" I spotted on there - don't shoot me if my memory is failing me.
Greddy <edit on>T67<edit off>turbo kit
Greddy intercooler
I think he said the Greddy titanium exhaust (but might have been the Espelier), don't know what down pipe
Greddy BOV
Samco hoses
HKS 272's, aem cam gears (idled fine, ems set at ~1000 rpm)
Custom intake manifold
AEM ems, no MAF, not sure what air intake that was
Stoptech Big brake kit, <edit on>17"<edit off> Toyo Proxes
JIC coil-overs
Battery located in the trunk (in a funky plastic bin)
Sparco seats, racing harnesses
Stripped of most things (rear seat, carpeting, didn't even see any wishwiper fluid bottles... lots more)
Surprisingly still has the stock stereo though, gauges right underneath the stereo
and and and...

Sick! Personally I'm very impressed with their work - and their attitude. Just as well because I never took off their windshield sticker after last year's Mitsubishi commercial shoot there :mrgreen: !

Now my friend is also toying with the idea of upgrading his 300zx TT...

Need... to get... evo... tuuuned...

EVO_RPM
02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
aren't they running 17's on their car? I love that car though especially their sequential shifter

Coolguy949
02-05-2004, 06:50 PM
yeah, they have 17's with Toyo Proxes RA-1

I've had a few rides in that car and it's awesome!

Correction, it's a greddy T67 kit.

TammieNAndi
02-05-2004, 07:18 PM
As I said, memory failing :) I'm sure you're right.

TammieNAndi
02-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Corrected the original message with board wisdom :)

Coolguy949
02-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Anyone interested in seeing pictures of the Road///Race Evo can head to my personal album:

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=roadrace&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

leaveit2bevo
02-05-2004, 10:33 PM
weak sauce!!lol jp that blue evo is insane I bet that thing caused the skin on your cheaks to flap like on that oldschool maxwell comercial.

CarPhoto.net
02-10-2004, 03:19 PM
I've got a video of the inside of the toyo tires evo which is supposed to be 500 HP

I shot the film at meet 7.