PDA

View Full Version : BOV adjustment

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 12:25 AM
just wondering, even when putting more washers intoa BOV to increase boost, would it also get louder? I dont want it too loud..

Coolguy949
02-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Which BOV?

ErroR
02-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Increase boost with a BOV :roll:

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 10:11 AM
TurboXS RFL

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I was trying to say the higher the boost, the more washer's you put....not to increase boost sorry....but since im running stock right now..i had someone adjust it for me, he put in 2 washers thats it.....What happens if i put one more?

NRG
02-07-2004, 11:28 AM
If you put more than necessary and it gets too hard, it will flutter and cause your turbo to surge........So, it has to be just the right amount of stiffness to the springs....

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 11:29 AM
well how do i know that its too hard? Because i did not adjust it, someone experienced did....how can i test that its too hard?

Sometimes when im 5th gear and i let go of the gas pedal slowly i hear this vibrating sound...its a lil vibrating sound, i dunno

leaveit2bevo
02-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Wait do you mean you want the BOV to be louder? because its not going to "higher boost"

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 11:34 AM
no i want it to be set....like i said, i did not adjust it myself....how would i know if its not rightly adjusted? when i drive i seem to drive smoothly no problems, but sometimes when i let go of the gas at low rpm on 5th or 4th gear i hear this lil vibrating noise, *maybe its cuz next to my heat shield and its hitting against since its not attached to my Intake hose?

NRG
02-07-2004, 01:24 PM
First of all, you must be running open air filter or take off the cover to the stock airbox. You need to hear it to tune it.......And it doesn't matter what gear you are in........You want to obtain that one big whoosh when at WOT and letting go of the gas......If it flutters, that means your springs are too stiff and your BOV ain't opening up.....On the otherhand if at WOT and it leaks, that means your BOV is too loose and the valve opens early due to softer springs.....Basically you want it just stiff enough to hold boost but not too hard where it will not open and flutter......

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 01:28 PM
First of all, you must be running open air filter or take off the cover to the stock airbox. You need to hear it to tune it.......And it doesn't matter what gear you are in........You want to obtain that one big whoosh when at WOT and letting go of the gas......If it flutters, that means your springs are too stiff and your BOV ain't opening up.....On the otherhand if at WOT and it leaks, that means your BOV is too loose and the valve opens early due to softer springs.....Basically you want it just stiff enough to hold boost but not too hard where it will not open and flutter......

You mean take my air filter box cover top part out?? See the BOV i have is not connected to the Intake hose...its a VTA BOV....

han74j
02-07-2004, 04:34 PM
ahhaha whats BOV?

NRG
02-07-2004, 05:09 PM
If its VTA, then you should have no problem hearing your BOV.......

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 05:37 PM
lol han, BOV is a Blow off Valve....NRG thanks for assisting me, i got it taken care of, so far no problems with my BOV

han74j
02-08-2004, 01:53 AM
oh ahhaha okay blow off valve =0) eah isn't BOVs some times fucks up ur car???ur idle is messed up or soemthing

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 11:30 AM
well....since im focasing on show car future with my evo.....it wouldnt matter....on the other hand i havent had 1 problem yet with my BOV....especially when it vents to atmosphere...so many people say its gonna stall or whatever, i have not felt it yet

this is my BOV: http://www.extremepsi.com/x/product_image.php?imageid=192

leaveit2bevo
02-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Thats weird I thought it would get stalling problems because when you VTA the MAF thinks theres air when there really isnt so it puts more fuel and runs rich and stalls.