PDA

View Full Version : Grand Turismo 4 (PS2)

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Okay Grand Turismo 4 comes out for PS2 in June, the game offeres 500+ cars.....INCLUDING THE EVO 8 GSR...thousands of MODS...The game is online compatible....so whoever buys this game must have the PS2 Network Adaptor and PS2 with High speed internet connection.

I was just randomly thinking we should all buy GRAND TURISMO 4 and all play with the same car ( EVO 8 GSR) of course everyone with different mods....and we should create a CLAN with the tag [SoCalEvo.net] and your real socalevo.net user name after the tag...lol

Example : [SoCalEvo.net] maliburacer

This is just a creative thought, Its alot of fun though when you cant drive on a rainy day or want to battle is out on 50+ tracks, OFF road or on the road at 200mph.....:) WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT MY IDEA which could be on the side type of fun?? Plus if you have head sets you guys can talk to each other while racing!

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 12:36 PM
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/gt4p_13004_evo8_47.jpg
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/gt4p_13004_evo8_40.jpg
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/gt4p_13004_evo8_2.jpg
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/gt4p_13004_evo8_31.jpg
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/gt4p_13004_evo8_11.jpg

CHECK THESE VID's OUT!
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/489/489327/vids_1.html?fromint=1

Howie
02-08-2004, 01:54 PM
that game rocks. i can't wait for it to come out. I'm going to buy a ps2 just for that. haha...i'm down to network battle. lets wreak some havok with the LanEvo crew. hehe... :)

nijikon5
02-08-2004, 02:35 PM
I have a copy of GT4 Prologue. Let me say that the EVO8 GSR and MR are both amazing cars! I can't wait till it comes out in the US and to race online. Hehe, luckily i'll have experience with it because i'm going to import GT4 from Japan when that comes out.

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 02:45 PM
We all must as a group play GT4 on LAN or whatever Network.....it would be great, everyone check out the videos mann, its great....the EVO GSR is 1 out of 500+ cars in GT4......but im gonna for sure have the EVO GSR...

leaveit2bevo
02-08-2004, 02:46 PM
is it only coming out on ps2?

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 02:49 PM
im sure its only for the PS2....there was never a grand turismo for xbox or nintendo systems.....(xbox might try to copy it though) anyways you cant play on the same network as a ps2 if your playing online from another game system like xbox

leaveit2bevo
02-08-2004, 02:54 PM
damn what a burn my ps2 is busted I heard it was coming for all systems but I guess im wrong.

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 03:03 PM
i always loved the ps2, i never had a different system even before the psone....ps3 comes out in 05' or 07'....the games are infact better, as for gt4.....its like one of the best games coming out this year and will stay for a long ass time because Sony is releasing their hard drive and you can keep on downloading tracks to race on and new cars and more mods over the network adapter.....

han74j
02-08-2004, 03:48 PM
wow u can download new tracks and new cars over the internet from ps2... wow nice.... but eah dont feel like spending 20 bucks a month + buying the internet kid for 50 bucks.... but still gt4 is goign to be a great game!!! buybuybuy

Dr. Evo
02-08-2004, 04:42 PM
There isn't monthly fee for ps2 online is there? I thought that was just for xbox live. Ive been playing socom2 online without paying a fee. :D

han74j
02-08-2004, 05:21 PM
wow really? i thought u had to pay to play online? its like 19.95 no?

RaysurX
02-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Nice idea Malibu.......

Yup to reiterate the Gran Turismo 4 will NOT be released on any other platform. Its developed by Polyphony Entertainment and if memory serves correctly, they are a division of SONY.

The Electronic Entertainment Expo (in LA) is coming in MAY and this will be one of Sony's "showcase" games at the convention along with their PSP (playstation portable unit - basically a SONY gameboy that can play PS games)

Last year they had a nice demo setup at the convention with racing seats and big tvs.... If you won a race against other conventioners then you got a Hat and t-shirt.

http://members.cox.net/skunkwerx/center01.jpg

http://members.cox.net/skunkwerx/setup.jpg

http://members.cox.net/skunkwerx/shirta.jpg

If you have a gaming budget for a steering wheel....get the (NEW) GT-FORCE "PRO" by Logitech. It has 900 degree turning radius with force feedback and is the best wheel released for a console thus far. It felt very sold and accurate. At +$100.00 it better be.

And if you are GT fan.. these sites have some pretty cool info and chat about the game including past incarnations.
www.granturismo.com
www.gtplanet.net

Yeah.... some of us don't need GT anymore since we own the real deal now.... but the ONLINE aspect of GT4 and not having the "death by driving wrecklessly" factor taken out make the game very appealing.

My 2 cents.

SolarXclipse
02-08-2004, 05:55 PM
I've been waiting for GT4. Sound like a cool idea playing online with everyone else. Can't wait til it comes for sale.

Cr0mster
02-08-2004, 06:16 PM
It won't be coming out for any other system. It is one of Sony's bread and butter titles. As of now the only online system you have to play for is Xbox live. GT4 should be one of the best games released this year.

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Okay first of we all need to get this game cuz it would be really fun when everyone is not on the streets....playing against socalevo.net members.....the game is only for the PS2 and the online gaming if totally free.....I HATE WAITING THOUGH = /......its gonna be 4 months till it comes out.....

SolarXclipse
02-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah I know. I wonder who voted hell no mann. Maybe he's too old for this game. :lol:

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 11:14 PM
lol, we need everyone in this forum to vote yes to GT4, lol

rizalhoo
02-08-2004, 11:57 PM
dang! i just sold my ps2 to cover bills on my mods :(

Anonymous
02-09-2004, 12:09 AM
lol....i would never sell my ps2 for a mod.....i have over 50 games and shit, i would never sell out my ps2 for a mod :)...thats just me

I love how this pole is on the front page of socalevo.net, PEOPLE VOTE FOR SoCalEvo.net GT4 ONLINE GAMING!!! WE NEED TO CREATE THIS ONSIDE ONLINE GAMING CLAN......AND ALL DRIVE THE GSR's IN GT4..i aint joking!@!!@#!@#!$# THIS GAME COMES OUT FOR PS2 IN JUNE!!@!#!@%#%@

WHO WAS THAT ONE PERSON WHO VOTED NO! THAT IS NOT RIGHT!

erioshi
02-09-2004, 03:41 AM
I can't count the hours my roomate & I spent in front of GT-3; it had to be huge. GT-4 should be great, I've been waiting for it ever since they announced it with the network feature.

Up here in the land of long winters games are much better than *actually* bouncing your car off snow banks. I did spend one winter ice racing an old RX-7 I had. The racing was fun (but lots of cold before and after the races) but it was hell on the hardware. My car was scrap by the end of the season; it even had a visable "bow" to the unibody.

Anonymous
02-09-2004, 10:35 AM
more people!!

GokuSSJ4
02-09-2004, 12:27 PM
sounds like a great idea , im glad i still have my ps2 ...
Can't wait till GT4 is release , but i still have time to buy all the additonal software that i need to play on line ..

Coolguy949
02-09-2004, 12:40 PM
ErroR and I just bought Sega GT Online for Xbox Live and its awesome. Sega GT is the Gran Turismo for Xbox. Sega GT online is the newest versions that just came out is only $20 and you can also play single player modes and it has a lot more mods.

If anyone has xbox live and wants to play, my GamerTag is coolguy949

Temjin
02-09-2004, 11:14 PM
ErroR and I just bought Sega GT Online for Xbox Live and its awesome. Sega GT is the Gran Turismo for Xbox. Sega GT online is the newest versions that just came out is only $20 and you can also play single player modes and it has a lot more mods.

If anyone has xbox live and wants to play, my GamerTag is coolguy949

Sega GT is a very underated game that is more arcade in style. Although GT-4 is more true to actual physics of driving-more of a simulation. Think i love racing video games since you can crash as many times as you want without paying anything in repairs.

Anonymous
02-09-2004, 11:59 PM
yay, looks like we all gt4 fans

GokuSSJ4
02-10-2004, 10:56 AM
im not a big fan went on the game it shows the damage of the car , especially if you are a crazy driver...

AD_LIB
02-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Gran Turismo is like crack and I am going through withdrawl...june cant come soon enough for my ass. I even went out and dropped 150 bucks on the new GT4 steering wheel...which is awesome btw. I guess I will be able to get a little hit of GT-4 at E3 again this year.

Muramasa
02-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Isnt there a Momo hand stictched leather steering wheel?? I've seen the one with a blue steering wheel but not the one with the yellow steering wheel yet. I would get the steering wheel if they had actual 6 speed gear box to shift instead of the shift up and shift down but if they made that then =p I wonder how much they are going to charge just to make profit =P.

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Gran Turismo is like crack and I am going through withdrawl...june cant come soon enough for my ass. I even went out and dropped 150 bucks on the new GT4 steering wheel...which is awesome btw. I guess I will be able to get a little hit of GT-4 at E3 again this year.

can you post pics ? to see how it looks like
:D

perversity
02-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I was talking to a guy yesterday who helped with some of the development of the game and is a race car driver too. He tested the game on the laguna seca track and was able to find the same lines, bump and wrinkles as the real thing. He says "the game's bitching"!

Takashi
02-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Okay Grand Turismo 4 comes out for PS2 in June, the game offeres 500+ cars.....INCLUDING THE EVO 8 GSR...thousands of MODS...The game is online compatible....so whoever buys this game must have the PS2 Network Adaptor and PS2 with High speed internet connection.

I was just randomly thinking we should all buy GRAND TURISMO 4 and all play with the same car ( EVO 8 GSR) of course everyone with different mods....and we should create a CLAN with the tag [SoCalEvo.net] and your real socalevo.net user name after the tag...lol

Example : [SoCalEvo.net] maliburacer

This is just a creative thought, Its alot of fun though when you cant drive on a rainy day or want to battle is out on 50+ tracks, OFF road or on the road at 200mph.....:) WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT MY IDEA which could be on the side type of fun?? Plus if you have head sets you guys can talk to each other while racing!

alright, but i warn you, i'm pretty damn good at this game...:)
greg

Anonymous
02-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry greg but i think i would own you in this game, mann im playing GT1 and GT2 for the past year, i also did play gt3 when i had it at the moment, but all i do is practise real time physics, like honestly its not so hard, i see kids 12 to 15 kickin ass, lol....im 18, but i played gt since it first came out on psone, and like i just love it :).....

Goku, on the first page there are actual pictures of the EVO 8 GSR and a Link which i provided to view videos of the game, hope you enjoy it

GokuSSJ4
02-14-2004, 06:22 PM
thanks !! now i have to start practicing , since i havent played for a while . Now i have a reason too...