PDA

View Full Version : My new heat Shield

cheyne
02-10-2004, 10:47 AM
I just got this new heat shield..should be good for at least 100 wHP....hahahahaha. No but seriously this thing is the sickest JDM titanium work of art I've ever seen. And I'm not usually into the 'bling' but had to make an exception here. Just Enjoy

These pics don't do justice but better than nothing..right?
cheyne has attached this image:

www.vividracing.com/main/cheynemotor1.jpg

www.vividracing.com/main/cheynemotor2.jpg

alfredob1
02-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Looks very nice.

BTW, the code to show the image in your sig is a little off. Your might wanna try this instead:

[img]http://vividracing.securesites.net/catalog/images/LIFESTYLE.jpg[/img]

cheyne
02-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Looks very nice.

BTW, the code to show the image in your sig is a little off. Your might wanna try this instead:

[img]http://vividracing.securesites.net/catalog/images/LIFESTYLE.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the help!

alfredob1
02-10-2004, 11:04 AM
No problem. :)

GokuSSJ4
02-10-2004, 11:14 AM
who makes the heat shield ?? vivid racing ??

kaisho99
02-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Yeah give us the gory details. :) Price? Where? Who? Availability?

leaveit2bevo
02-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Looks identical to the ARC heat shield except it dosent say ARC.

cheyne
02-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Yeah give us the gory details. :) Price? Where? Who? Availability?

price is $199.99. brought over from japan, from monster sport (u can barely see the monster logo laser etched), wait time right now is 3-4 weeks. Anyone up for a group buy?

cheyne
02-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Looks identical to the ARC heat shield except it dosent say ARC.

the ARC one is sick too! I can try and get that one as well

Anonymous
02-10-2004, 12:19 PM
waste of money mann.....id rather wait for a few onths and get that for 100 bucks or less

cheyne
02-10-2004, 12:37 PM
waste of money mann.....id rather wait for a few onths and get that for 100 bucks or less

Yeah, JDM parts always hit the wallet big :lol:

I will see what I can find out about getting a copy of this shield made and sell it for around 100 bux

GokuSSJ4
02-10-2004, 12:37 PM
i saw the monster on it , but since im not familiar with that brand didn't know who made it ....

Anonymous
02-10-2004, 12:59 PM

Yeah, JDM parts always hit the wallet big :lol:

I will see what I can find out about getting a copy of this shield made and sell it for around 100 bux

Sounds good bro

koolmits
02-10-2004, 06:57 PM
That is a piece of SHIT . NO joke . Looks like something that someone in 8th grade shop class made . The peckerheads didn't even bother to grind the welds . Not to mention that the edges are square .

Not to worry , in about a month I will release HANDMADE 14 ga. SS heat shields with cold rolled edges and NO welds . Also I will engrave your club name on the shield . Yes it will be more expensive . It takes me about 8 hours to make one ! ( Yes , I layout , cut , brake , weld and finish )I have the proto on my car now ( for past two months ).

I was planning on giving away 1 heatshield to SoCal evo . More than likely to one of the MODS .

How good does it look ? 14 evo owners that have seen my shield have ordered and are willing to pay $ 300 . I will get a pic on the final product asap !

Stay tuned

cheyne
02-11-2004, 09:32 AM
That is a piece of SHIT . NO joke . Looks like something that someone in 8th grade shop class made . The peckerheads didn't even bother to grind the welds . Not to mention that the edges are square .

Not to worry , in about a month I will release HANDMADE 14 ga. SS heat shields with cold rolled edges and NO welds . also I will engrave your club name on the shield . Yes it will be more expensive . It takes me about 8 hours to make one ! ( Yes , I layout , cut , brake , weld and finish )I have the proto on my car now ( for past two months ).

I was planning on giving away 1 heatshield to SoCal evo . More than likely to one of the MODS .

How good does it look ? 14 evo owners that have seen my shield have ordered and are willing to pay $ 300 . I will get a pic on the final product asap !

Stay tuned

There are so many haters on these forums....but thanks for being so honest in your obvious attempt to peddle your heatshield.....start you own thread next time tool bag...I 'll foward your comments to monster sports so they can buy your shield from now on.....hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anonymous
02-11-2004, 09:36 AM
lol....yeah this is funny, but i never realized someone be so rude to a company who provides their customers with the parts, heh....a heat is a heat shield, i had past problems on this forum with some member but hey i regret it cuz its just retarded to talk shit...but anyways i am stopping by VIVIDracing in September with my new set up :lol: 8)

VividRacing.com
02-11-2004, 09:38 AM
whoa! that guy's pretty angry... :roll:

GokuSSJ4
02-11-2004, 09:43 AM
went are you posting pics of your product ???

koolmits
02-12-2004, 09:49 PM
First of all , I'm not a hater , actually the exact opposite . Second , I called it like I seen it . Third I'm not attempting to "peddle" anything . I didn't say that I was releasing to the public . These sheilds will only be given or sold to peeps I like . I plan to make about thirty .

But who cares anyway , in about a month some lucky SoCal Mod will be sporting the "finest" heat shield ever made for an Evo . I'm willing to bet someone will "attempt" to copy my shield . Probably Monster .

Please relay my message to monster , maybe we will get products that aren't halfway finished .

I would give my left nut to see the look on your face when you see this shield . In about a month , I will be the one laughing :D

Goku , I will get you pics of the prototype next week .

Yo Cheyne , When Dan sees my shield , he's gonna smack you . When he sees my hood vent ( 2 or 3 months away ) , he's gonna stomp a mudhole in your ass :D

cheyne
02-13-2004, 09:46 AM
First of all , I'm not a hater , actually the exact opposite . Second , I called it like I seen it . Third I'm not attempting to "peddle" anything . I didn't say that I was releasing to the public . These sheilds will only be given or sold to peeps I like . I plan to make about thirty .

But who cares anyway , in about a month some lucky SoCal Mod will be sporting the "finest" heat shield ever made for an Evo . I'm willing to bet someone will "attempt" to copy my shield . Probably Monster .

Please relay my message to monster , maybe we will get products that aren't halfway finished .

I would give my left nut to see the look on your face when you see this shield . In about a month , I will be the one laughing :D

Goku , I will get you pics of the prototype next week .

Yo Cheyne , When Dan sees my shield , he's gonna smack you . When he sees my hood vent ( 2 or 3 months away ) , he's gonna stomp a mudhole in your ass :D

AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I bet you are some 14 year old little kid driving a hooptie still having wet dreams about EVOs....j/k :lol:

perversity
02-13-2004, 10:43 AM
So the big question is, how effective are these products at shielding heat? After all, I don't really care what a heat shield looks like if it actially shields heat!

ItsStockOfficer
02-13-2004, 11:02 AM
You guys are all lucky bastards for even having a heat shield. I was painting mine black with 2000* paint, except i grabbed the wrong can from my shed. Now my heat shield its sitting looking pretty on my work bench with regular paint rated 200* F.....

Oh, what to doo...I think Ill just put it on and let it burn off.....

han74j
02-13-2004, 01:53 PM
hey u got those pictures yet koolmits