PDA

View Full Version : Robi's Car Donation Fund

Temjin
02-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Thought that I would create a septerate thread for the aforementioned idea to "chip in" for the damages to Robi's car at Thunderhill. Not exactly sure how bad the damages are, but noticed that internal damage included the oil cooler, while external damage included the front bumber and possible the right fender. Our collective power can help him get his car to restoring order . The donation fund would be sorta a retroactive "shit happens" insurance from Socal and Norcal Evo. I'll be leaving Socal so I hope someone can take responsibility for the organization of the fund if it ever gets started.

Coolguy949
02-10-2004, 01:20 PM
The fund would need to have a lot of donations if the fund is to act like an Insurance policy for members. One "claim" would empty out the whole fund since repairs and parts aren't cheap.

robi
02-10-2004, 01:34 PM
This for me (although very noble and nice) is unnessisary. I wouldn't be rude and refuse help but I drive my car with the full axpectation of having "items" which need to be sorted...after a given trackday..RRE/Vivid/BPAutomotive are all looking for a new nose I think I'll have the $'s long before one leaves the JDM market...I tried to get the nose on this forum but it was already sold.. I have 2 other cars so it's not like I'm walking...

GokuSSJ4
02-10-2004, 02:12 PM
or it can be at least a flat rate for helping peeps out , it doesnt have to cover everything but at least is a bit of help...
just an idea

Smogrunner
02-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Robi says he doesn't need the help and Coolguy949 says the fund will always be empty if we help out crash victims. Well, Robi is just being cool and I would hope the fund will always be empty. I only want to hook someone up in very specific circumstances like this. Honestly, if some newbie burns out his clutch at the drag races my cash stays in my pocket.

I'm still down for the 20 or 25 bucks just to take the edge off. I would only make such an offer for evo guys that are widely held in high esteem and during non-insured events. Anyway, where do I send the money?

rubelcon
02-13-2004, 08:03 PM
I was the one who wanted to step up and say I was the first one to donate to Robi's Ride..

I hooked him up with a bumper at a smoking deal..to low to qoute.. :lol: