PDA

View Full Version : Finally more downforce

Whendidieatcorn
02-11-2004, 04:49 PM
i just ordered this wing. i'll post some pics when i throw it on, and let u guys know how it compares to the stock when i go to the track
http://rotora.com/online-store/scstore/HTML/images/products/popup/popup_wings.htm

Anonymous
02-11-2004, 04:56 PM
thats a great wing, how much did you pay for it?

BOVBILLY
02-11-2004, 07:33 PM
DON'T LIKE IT. UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO CONSTANLY TRACK YOUR CAR.

IMO ONLY

leaveit2bevo
02-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Some show eclipse had that wing at RRE yesterday and I wasent feeling it, its really 2f2f style and would look like a turd on the evo. For the most part if we were to put Whendidieatcorn in 2 diff evos one with stock wing one with that wing I bet he couldnt tell the difference between the 2.

kaisho99
02-11-2004, 08:09 PM
That's a pretty radical (literally) wing. Be interesting to see it on an otherwise not decaled up Evo. Hmmm.

Oh and...BILLY WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SCREAMING!! LMAO

robi
02-11-2004, 09:59 PM
He can't figure out the caps lock key :-).

mprtklr
02-11-2004, 10:40 PM
http://www.londonskaters.com/gallery/data/530/152caps.jpg

mprtklr
02-11-2004, 10:40 PM
its the only good picture i could find, dont take the wording to heart.... i didnt write it.

moogle
02-11-2004, 11:42 PM
My opinion it looks ugly.

ItsStockOfficer
02-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Its curvy, evo is boxy, 'nough said...

Chase101
02-12-2004, 12:23 AM
My neighbor just put that same style wing on his old beat up Saturn. Along with what looks like a slip-on crotch rocket exhaust.

QuickShifter
02-12-2004, 02:05 AM
wow....thats one ugly ass wing :shock:

Ricardon
02-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Ok, I hate FnF crap as much as the next guy but that's actually no FnF wing. Not by a long shot. I've held that wing in my hands, it's impossible to explain how light it is...it weighs nothing. I've also jumped up and down on it, it's insanely well built. It's dry carbon, not your typical 50 pounds of glaze wet set deal. As far as GT wings go, it's one of the best on the market hands down, but one drawback is it's absolutely MASSIVE. It's VERY wide, saw one on a MRS...it was pure comedy, but if youre going to get a GT wing that's the one to get. I think it would prove more usefull at a big track with extreme high speeds like Big Willow.

BOVBILLY
02-12-2004, 08:45 AM
That's a pretty radical (literally) wing. Be interesting to see it on an otherwise not decaled up Evo. Hmmm.

Oh and...BILLY WHY ARE YOU alWAYS SCREAMING!! LMAO

I don't know. I am not screaming, just standing out!

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 09:55 AM
how much down force will you need , in order to benefit from that type of wing (comparing to stock one ) Even with the RS model that dont have one compare to the current stock evo with wing . It was said that it made differnce on 120mph and on , so in order to reach those speeds on the track , im sure like Ricardon has stated you would benefit at a big track ..

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Our wing gets downforce at 80mph, you would have to track that car like 50 times a year to notice the difference in DF.

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 11:29 AM
on an article they said that the difference between the RS and the Evo models as far as downforce was felt at 120mph .
I need to look for the article that i have at home ...

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 04:06 PM
lol I may be wrong but I hope its not 120mph you can just reach that on streets of willow before taking the next turn.

drwn kix
02-12-2004, 06:13 PM
I read that article too. The testor said something to the effect that the "on rails" feel with the wing was gone without it in the sweeper leading onto the front straight at Willow. Does that turn still narrow down and tighten up like it used to? It's been 20 years since I raced there. I used to love that track.

robi
02-12-2004, 08:30 PM
I could have used any extra DF I could have generated at T-hill... If the cars not on rails at 100+ and you roll over into a corner ...I takes Masive Balls to keep your foot in it as you wriggle towards the exit curbing.

Ricardon
02-12-2004, 09:35 PM
I could have used any extra DF I could have generated at T-hill... If the cars not on rails at 100+ and you roll over into a corner ...I takes Masive Balls to keep your foot in it as you wriggle towards the exit curbing.

Robi, I haven't met you yet, but that statement makes me want to as it's something that would come out of the mouth of someone who knows what they're talking about. (still pissed I couldn't make T-Hill) I have yet to drive the RS, but I did drive a wingless EVO at Willow. We put the wing back on after the first few laps LOL!!! The turn drwn kix is referring to is most likely 8, then 9 then the front straight. And yeah it takes a combination of huge balls and complete confidence in your equipment to flat foot 8. The wingless Evo needed a much more agressive line on entry to plant the left side, and still made my a-hole pucker so tight I wasn't able to crap for three days. I hear that the RS is a little easier to drive through that corner as the front LSD helps pull the car around it. Iv'e heard of speeds in excess of 130mph through 8 in a stock RS. Not shabby by anyone's deffinition, and downright scary for the car's pricetag. Still, I'd probably want the Rotora wing only for the track, and have it be able to mount in the stock holes so that I could replace it with the OE wing when I'm on the street.

robi
02-13-2004, 02:46 AM
SoW the 20th...see if I remember how to drive a small track :-).

rubelcon
02-13-2004, 08:33 AM

Robi, I haven't met you yet, but that statement makes me want to as it's something that would come out of the mouth of someone who knows what they're talking about. (still pissed I couldn't make T-Hill) I have yet to drive the RS, but I did drive a wingless EVO at Willow. We put the wing back on after the first few laps LOL!!! The turn drwn kix is referring to is most likely 8, then 9 then the front straight. And yeah it takes a combination of huge balls and complete confidence in your equipment to flat foot 8. The wingless Evo needed a much more agressive line on entry to plant the left side, and still made my a-hole pucker so tight I wasn't able to crap for three days. I hear that the RS is a little easier to drive through that corner as the front LSD helps pull the car around it. Iv'e heard of speeds in excess of 130mph through 8 in a stock RS. Not shabby by anyone's deffinition, and downright scary for the car's pricetag. Still, I'd probably want the Rotora wing only for the track, and have it be able to mount in the stock holes so that I could replace it with the OE wing when I'm on the street.

Robi knows exactly what he is doing, took a ride through carbon canyon with him last night :wink:

perversity
02-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Surely the amount of downforce is defined by the angle of the wing. The more you adjust the wing the more downforce at slow speeds you get. The only real way to determine this is to get a wind tunnel and the back end of the car on some scales. IMO if whendidIeatcorn likes the wing then great. He did a good job of setting up his last car.

GokuSSJ4
02-13-2004, 10:59 AM
whats the fastest you reach at willow ?? do you exceed over 140mph on the straight aways ??

Ricardon
02-13-2004, 10:06 PM
140 at big willow? Shit, I've had the fortune to drive a couple of cars that went over 150 on the front at streets!!! A bone stock EVO won't be getting 140 at the big track though, i dunno, maybe.

drwn kix
02-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Never forget that downforce and drag are inexorably linked. And the faster you go the more you get of both.

robi
02-14-2004, 02:12 PM
That's why I have Buschur Power ;-)...

GokuSSJ4
02-14-2004, 06:38 PM
140 at big willow? Shit, I've had the fortune to drive a couple of cars that went over 150 on the front at streets!!! A bone stock EVO won't be getting 140 at the big track though, i dunno, maybe.
you said , stock Evo ... :wink:
most of us are not stock anymore , if you think about it ...
Specially Robi :lol: he is far from it 8)
but then you are able to manage 140mph on stock for then , im sure modified it can be even more ...