PDA

View Full Version : Boost cut!!!!!!!

QuickShifter
02-12-2004, 02:10 AM
my aem cold air intake is cutting boost...says vishnu....i have their exede and im only hitting 19 lbs for like a half of a seconid and then goes down to 15 immediatly....HELP>>>NEED HELP NOW>>>>CANT LIVE WITHOUT CONSTANT FLOW OF PROPER BOOST>>>HELP :evil: :x :evil: :x :cry:

Ricardon
02-12-2004, 02:24 AM
I highly doubt your boost cut has anything to do with your intake. Not a single bit actually. Are you getting boost leakage anywhere that you know of? Check all your hoses, ALL OF THEM, they were not properly tightened on most of the cars I've seen roll out of the dealer. Check your blow off valve as well, the stock one is a piece of literal garbage. But actually the boost taper you are talking about sounds pretty normal for a stock car anyway. Do you have any kind of boost controller, what did shiv set the Xede at? It has nothing to do with your intake though.

Ricardon
02-12-2004, 02:28 AM
Odd stuff, but I noticed that Shiv is now on the site, so maybe he has something to add.

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 11:03 AM
I thought that you couldnt use an intake with the exede.

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 11:21 AM
it has been posted before on Evom that you will have problems running an aftermarket cai or intake with the XEDE .
That you need to have Shiv custom tune it for you ...
Since the Xede is design to work with your stock air box ..

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Vishnu stuff just has way to many issues for an acceptable tuning source.

Absinthe
02-12-2004, 07:05 PM
bevo you dont like AL vishnus stuff has issues...what are you buyin'?

Ricardon
02-12-2004, 08:41 PM
bevo you dont like al vishnus stuff has issues...what are you buyin'?

He's buyin' whatever I'm sellin' him!!!! Last week he took advantage on the crack cocaine blowout I had, he bought a half pound. BTW just to clear things up, Bevo hates Al the person, not necessarily the product. I hear all this stuff about the Xede not being compatible with an aftermarket intake. I don't know Shiv, or actually haven't seen any of his work in person yet, and haven't payed too close attention to it, but I suspect that it's just a tuning issue. The Xede afterall is a piggy back, and can be tuned so I highly doubt that having an intake would be an outright "no-no". It's probably just a mapping issue, i.e. the base map that the unit ships with is set up for a stock airbox, and the extra air an intake adds richens up the mixture too much, plus you'd probably have all kinds of lean idle issues. I'm sure that if a car was tuned by Shiv at his shop with an aftermarket intake installed it would be a different story, considering the high praise he receives on other sites. I'd assume that he knows what he's doing. It's just like anything that is mass produced and sent out in the mail, it's highly unlikely that it will be an absolutely perfect match right out of the box considering the wide variance of stock evo output numbers. I'm curious, is there anyone else on this site that has an Xede that wasn't tuned physically by Shiv, or for that matter at his shop? Wondering if anyone else has the "boost cut" problem that QuickShifter has?

QuickShifter
02-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Ricardon your a tripper.....jk......but you are......first off, i did get it custom tuned by vishnu, for 6 hours!!!!! fuck that was a bitch, and they just couldnt figure out any other reason that could be associated with the boost drop off so early besides the intake, its throwing the mas in all sorts of directions and he says that the aem intake i have(short ram) is especially retarted because its all squeezed up in the space between the battery, fluid reservoirs...all sorts of shit...the filter is squished in that space and the airflow is so random for that reason and therefor the mas is trippin out, i dont know shit about this mas nonsense but i do know that without the intake ill be back to the stock turbo lag which is terrible, the intake helped a lot on the low end and it sucks i have to take it off....plus my custom tune goes to waste now that ill have to download a new program off the internet, a waste of like 12 hours driving there, and a 106 mile per hour speeding ticket on the way back...if you ask me shiv really owes me some free cams or some shit...seriously...i called before i went there and told them the situation and i got "Oh sure...bring it on in and well custom tune the intake on your setup, it will be fine" that also cost me 200 bucks for the tune...SHIV I KNOW YOUR READING THIS>>>>YOU OWE ME BIGTIME>>>PAY UP :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ricardon
02-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Hmmm. Interesting for sure. He should be able to hammer out some sort of map that makes the intake issue completely dissappear, and fairly easily I might add. I'm not a tuner, far from it, but I've seen several cars setup with the APS piggy back that were using the APS CAI, the AEM short ram, as well as the RMR short ram, and not a single problem like the one you describe. Another note, when did you buy your AEM? Is yours one of the first run that has the MASSIVE filter that doesn't quite fit and rubs under hood and gets crushed? AEM did development for the intake on my car, and my original filter looks like it was dragged behind a truck in an offroad race!! AEM has developed a slightly smaller more cone-shaped filter that fits fine, and they will send it to you free of chrage if you have one of the older ones. Just contact Robert Green at AEM, email: [email protected] I talked to him a few days ago, and he sent it immediately, I just received it today (waiting for my car to cool down so I can install it and clean the intake pipe and heat shield). I just find it VERY wierd that your'e having problems that are "due to the intake", when you had it tuned at his location. Your'e right about it being a lot of legwork and effort to end up with a car that doesn't run properly. Somebody tell me I'm full of shit, and reasons, I'm actually very eager to learn, seriously. Shiv? Chime in, I'm sure we could all benefit from the explanation.

QuickShifter
02-12-2004, 09:25 PM
I do have the older one and my filter also looks like its been crushed and dragged by a semi!!!! thanks for the info, maybe the new one will clear things up!!!! i hope so anyway, your the guy i met at the gas station by coincedince with the 2 other evos like a couple of months ago when i first got mine???i think so , he said his name was rick so it was probably you, yellow with a sparco seat i think it was....anyway ill see you guys at the next meet, took a long time for me to get with the program!!!

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 11:31 PM
bevo you dont like al vishnus stuff has issues...what are you buyin'?

LOL ya AL the person is a loser ive heard the buschur flash is the hot shit but we all know why I wont rock that. Im not sure what im going to do may rock the apex fc tuned by xs engineering.

GokuSSJ4
02-13-2004, 01:19 AM
you posted also on evom about your problem , also it seems that at cold enviroment or below a certain temp , they were also having problems with the Xede as well.
I have been looking at the Apexi FC ecu management and it seems the best for what i want it . I need to visit XS engineering for that :cool:

Ricardon
02-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Which gas station was that? On Overland? I think I remember. Aha, we were probably getting ready for a tofu delivery!

leaveit2bevo
02-13-2004, 01:51 AM
Which gas station was that? On Overland? I think I remember. Aha, we were probably getting ready for a tofu delivery!

Ya tofu rocks when are we going to deliver some more yo?

Ricardon
02-13-2004, 01:56 AM
car isn't ready yet bevo, i'd spill all the water!!

GokuSSJ4
02-13-2004, 02:38 AM
are you working on the rre set up ??

perversity
02-13-2004, 10:56 AM
What about putting the stock airbox back with a K&N filter? You may get more benefit from that with the xede tune than having the AEM on there. I think IS2000 was selling a K&N panel cheap, so it wouldn't cost much to try it!

GokuSSJ4
02-13-2004, 11:05 AM
What about putting the stock airbox back with a K&N filter? You may get more benefit from that with the xede tune than having the AEM on there. I think IS2000 was selling a K&N panel cheap, so it wouldn't cost much to try it!

exactly !! that way it will let you know if its your intake causing the problem or if it maybe something else ....

QuickShifter
02-13-2004, 04:13 PM
ya it was overland

thugline
02-13-2004, 05:11 PM
when will i be able to get my soevo sticker? and can there be a meet at speedzone in city of industry?

Ricardon
02-13-2004, 10:32 PM
when will i be able to get my soevo sticker? and can there be a meet at speedzone in city of industry?

Welcome to the site! Check out the rest of the forum, there is info on all the meets and suggestions for new meets and such, as well as infoon the decals. please try and stay as on topic as possible though, thanks!
-Rich

QuickShifter
02-17-2004, 10:38 PM
I got a boost gauge and installed it temporarilly with tape pretty ghetto stile'd, but confirmed again that i was only hitting 16 pounds, and i have exede with the flash and boost should hit 21-22, We thought it was my intake....blah blah blah....MAS crap....blah blah blah, I had the boost gauge installed and mounted today by brainstorm for a permanent setup and all of the sudden im hitting 21 -22 pounds and its holding 20 to redline!!!!!, car feels faster than ever, not even after the exede was put on did it feel this good!!! and it dyno'ed 30 whp more than when i first rolled in!!! Im really happy with my evo now, I wonder what it was because i installed the boost gauge as directions showed and it showed the same as vishnus dyno, 16 lbs, Im just happy though that its fixed now and i can keep my aftermarket intake and my custom tune!!!! thanks Brainstorm!!!!! for whatever you did!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D

22 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricardon
02-18-2004, 02:53 AM
I told you Roshan is the mad scientist!!! Glad to hear everything is working out Evan!!! Good, now youre ready for our track day!!

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 02:58 AM
wow !!! i need to see your set up with the Xede /Xflash combo ... Maybe on the boost gauge you disconnected a hose or something were went it was install properly it got fix . Glad to know that you are happy with your set up ...:cool:

littlejap33
03-30-2007, 12:20 PM
has anyone use vishnu advantage their wed site said for about 2000 i can increase hp 120-130 and 0-60 in 3.8 sec 1/4 mile in the low 12s everybody Else is 5000 and up

Terry S
03-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow... Practically a 3 year necro bump. Congradulations.

Call Tuning Tech out in Colton. I believe they install Vishnu stuff.

Terry S