PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys recommend?

mistasparkle
02-12-2004, 06:07 PM
I have my evo to mod and i have around 5k in savings to mod my baby. I street this car and track occasionaly. I wanted to ask you guys because you seem to know the most out of anyone i know. What 'package' or company do you recommend? At frist i was thinking buschur stage 4 with some RRE suspension work, im not sure yet. Im just looking to get a fast car with stock looks. Thanks for any help. :D

Absinthe
02-12-2004, 07:02 PM
get the JIC's from RRE that seems to be the best set up.

the get Better brake pads, brake fluid, SS brake lines, and an SS clutch line.

Now with what ever cash you have left buy power mods that should be arround 2500 bones.

not sure what that buys at buschur. But it buys a nice APS package, or save cash and get exhaust, intake, dyno tune and spend it on a helmet driving shoes and racing harnesses.

bcmind
02-12-2004, 09:09 PM
$3999+ship get you buschur stage 4

$1000 get you installation

han74j
02-12-2004, 09:13 PM
lol dont listen to them!!!!! Set your goal first!!! what are you plan to do wiht your car!!!

Drag? Road Track? Rally? just a little power (how much more whp)?

then from there you should ask im building my car for this.....

but the JIC from RRE you should get =0)

mistasparkle
02-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Hmm what do you guys suggest for the power mods? Anything better out there/equal to buschur?? I was thinking start with the APEXi ECU but im not sure about how much gain i will get with other mods.

mistasparkle
02-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I will be using my car for sprited street use and SOME tracked events. Not looking for high maintenance, just looking for some big hp. The JIC seems like a must for handling, so i guess ill start with that.

han74j
02-12-2004, 09:23 PM
set a WHP GOAL!!!!!!!!!!! or else you will go broke for sure! my frineds bro have a exhaust (i think burshur), DP, intake, greddy piggy back he have over 330 whp he spend less than 1500 so with 5Gs you can do a lot with your car. good luck

mistasparkle
02-12-2004, 09:37 PM
looking for around 450 i guess

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 09:55 PM
if your goal is over 400whp then a larger turbo upgrade you will end up getting .So unless you plan to keep on reflashing your ecu , i would look in to Apexi FC ecu management , Xede , AEM ems and maybe APS(if you plan to run there manifold - to be able to run more injectors , since you can not run with the APS larger ones )
Buschur stage 4 is insane , you get the most out of your car . You have the example of Robi ( you should PM robi about it ),which is what he has exactly .
Also the RRE JIC suspension is amazing , but you should get the best out of the stock set up .That way you can appreciated even more .

han74j
02-12-2004, 10:00 PM
what you need for sure is exhaust, dp, cat delete, exhuast, intake, cams, pully, emanage

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 10:06 PM
thats what im heading too ...the only thing is hard to decide with ecu management to run ...

han74j
02-12-2004, 10:31 PM
eah i say go with apexi or hks

mistasparkle
02-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Wow thanks a ton guys for the replies! How bout the Apexi FC and the buschur stage 4 with the JIC setup? Or should i swap out the buschur for some HKS and RRE stuff?

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 11:20 PM
As ive found out HKS stuff is crap besides the cams. Dude if you have never really driven a track of canyons forget the JIC becuase there not going to really help you if you cant drive the car. Just get john at RRE to tune your stock suspension and your gravy. I hate to sound like the voice of reason but if you drop a bushur stage 4 and take that car to the canyons your going to kill yourself its probally better to build up to it. Agian im guessing your a noob so correct me if im wrong if your a driver forget what I said GO TEAM!

gt40
02-12-2004, 11:33 PM
As ive found out HKS stuff is crap besides the cams. Dude if you have never really driven a track of canyons forget the JIC becuase there not going to really help you if you cant drive the car. Just get john at RRE to tune your stock suspension and your gravy. I hate to sound like the voice of reason but if you drop a bushur stage 4 and take that car to the canyons your going to kill yourself its probally better to build up to it. Agian im guessing your a noob so correct me if im wrong if your a driver forget what I said GO TEAM!

Good post bevo. I have to concur- get to know your car on the track, sign up for some instruction at our upcoming track day we are planning if you can and work into it before you start making that car already too fast...

Good luck!

mistasparkle
02-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Ok will do thanks for the help. The car is mine and my dads project but its mostly mine because hes a buy guy. Ive taken some classes but have never been to a track day. Kinda scared that i would be frowned upon for only being 16 and driving an evo. Oh well i took up the responsibility for this car and i guess it just comes with the territory. Thanks for the help everyone.

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 11:47 PM
LOL thats all good your going to get flamed for being 16 becuase people are haters, I got the car when I was 18 and got hazed for it. Just rock the track and own all the "old men" at there own game.

gt40
02-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Bevo- us "old men" got more experience and money for mods and it is too fun hazing your ass!

leaveit2bevo
02-13-2004, 01:50 AM
This may be true but we are in the prime of stupid shit and have way better reflexes.

gt40
02-13-2004, 02:18 AM
one tends to cancel the other...

robi
02-13-2004, 02:39 AM
So bevo you think you can cut a 2:03 @ Thunderhill? (Just ask John what size balls you need to go into 8 at 100+MPH ) and being old and feeble to boot :-). Bring it on youngster... Back to topic Buschur stage IV with race gas flash = 370 + WHP for $4500.00 and you maintain the daily driver... these are simple bolt on mods easily done in the garage or driveway on jackstands (except the cams).. then with the last 500 go to RRE have them install the cams and sway and set up your car...Now you have a car thats WAY FASTER than it's DRIVER... lucky you the stage IV power is so linear that you start with 1/2 throttle (will feel like your stocker :-)..) and slowly add more throttle as you get used to the power. (and save your money to get the RRE JIC "MAGIC" full suspension treatment)...IMHO...

leaveit2bevo
02-14-2004, 01:42 AM
theres no question your a better driver than me robi especially when your making 100morewhp have insane suspension and have way more experience then me but ive got balls the size of your head!!! wow thats gross there not that big.

QuickShifter
02-14-2004, 02:17 AM
This may be true but we are in the prime of stupid shit and have way better reflexes.

One of the most beautiful statements ive ever heard....seriously!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

QuickShifter
02-14-2004, 02:20 AM
Ok will do thanks for the help. The car is mine and my dads project but its mostly mine because hes a buy guy. Ive taken some classes but have never been to a track day. Kinda scared that i would be frowned upon for only being 16 and driving an evo. Oh well i took up the responsibility for this car and i guess it just comes with the territory. Thanks for the help everyone.

Who cares, be happy that some guys in their 30's want these cars and still cant get them....I was 16 when i got my wrx, 17 when i totalled it into an s4(his fault)....so i sued....and i won....and now i drive an evo!!!to much fun 8)

leaveit2bevo
02-14-2004, 12:08 PM
How old are you Quickshifter?

emooore12
04-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Anyone know anything about the Tein Flex Master suspension? Also anyone know any good driving schools?

leaveit2bevo
04-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Anyone know anything about the Tein Flex Master suspension? Also anyone know any good driving schools?

Flex coilovers suck, as for driving schools check out the EOC! www.evolutionownersclub.com

mistasparkle
04-01-2004, 10:49 PM
What do you guys think about this...

A buschur stage 4 and then a turbo upgrade a little later down the road. Are there any other setups you guys are running that are good for about 400whp?

leaveit2bevo
04-01-2004, 11:09 PM
you should probally balance both stright line and suspension

Absinthe
04-01-2004, 11:48 PM
one tends to cancel the other...\

this is the kind of thing you only realize with age.

and that is the best statement about driving ever, much more true than in slow out fast

GokuSSJ4
04-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Robi is making near 400whp on c16 + now Buschur has release there new turbo kits . which 400 should be easy to achieve...

mistasparkle
04-02-2004, 08:59 AM
buschur has a new turbo kit out? I dont see it anwyhere on the site.

gt40
04-02-2004, 10:00 AM
try agp turbo...

GokuSSJ4
04-02-2004, 10:33 AM
here is the thread posted by David from Buschur
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61902
the kit will be around 2400.00

mistasparkle
04-02-2004, 06:48 PM
thanks

GokuSSJ4
04-02-2004, 11:17 PM
you can also look at the WORKS turbo kit , its a nice set up . They make everything bolt on , which involves cast manifold (able to run heat shield :wink:) turbo , injectors and a WORKS Flash for around 3200.00 last time i talked to Pete.
There turbo kit should be available soon !!!
Is something i would look foward too , since at least to me my goal is able to reach near 400whp and still have a near to stock spool ... Since im not a drag racer top end is not the most im concern but mainly midrange .... reving to 7800rpm at the track is more then enough ....

mistasparkle
04-03-2004, 01:30 AM
How much power you think a stage 4 with the turbo kit would put down?

leaveit2bevo
04-03-2004, 02:56 AM
dude whats the point of all that power if you cant control it!!! worry about dropping some coilovers unless your a drag racer

emooore12
04-23-2004, 09:14 AM
So what suspension have you guys been putting on your evos?

robi
04-23-2004, 09:29 AM
JIC fa2's setup by John @ RRE (the last part of the purchase is the most important one) don't think that any jics will do the same for your car as "Muellerized" JIC's will.

eVoL oNe
04-23-2004, 09:33 AM
JIC fa2's setup by John @ RRE (the last part of the purchase is the most important one) don't think that any jics will do the same for your car as "Muellerized" JIC's will.

Get the JIC-magic suspension FLT-A1US/FLT-1US, or FLTA2, FLTA2-RS

GokuSSJ4
04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
dude whats the point of all that power if you cant control it!!! worry about dropping some coilovers unless your a drag racer

you have to remember that not every one tracks there car :roll: but if you plan to track the car then the JIC set up by john Mueller @ RRE is a must!!
that way you can match the amount of hp to the amount of what the car handles ...

emooore12
04-23-2004, 12:24 PM

Would you still recomed the JIC suspension if i don't live in Cali and can't get that set up?

GokuSSJ4
04-23-2004, 01:03 PM
who do you have in mind to do your set up then ???
the JIC is one of the best track wise . but im sure if you want something out of the box you can talk to john from RRE to set something up for you .. Were you can just install it yourself or some one else ...