PDA

View Full Version : Installing Springs, any advice,tips,or manuals :)

pangaroo
02-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Im stalling tanabe springs in the car thanks to robert :D

But, I dont have a manual. Anyone know where I can get this info or any tips in general? I talked with RRE and they said i would not need to cut the bumpstops if I didnt want to.

Any help would be appreciated. Im doing this tomorrow, so if anyone wants to lend a hand, Im in El Monte and will start about 9am.

I have the spring compressors already, any other special tools i will need?

Temjin
02-13-2004, 07:57 PM
I have a service manual that i can let you use if you would need it.

gt40
02-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Just go down to rre and save yourself some time and get it done right...

There is more to suspension than height and you had better know what you are doing. John at rre is the master - see him.

vroomevo
02-13-2004, 09:06 PM
hey Henry! so you are doing it tomorrow? i will call you tomorrow morning to see what's going on. I am not doing much tomorrow anyway.
take care!

pangaroo
02-14-2004, 01:41 AM
i thought about bringing it to rre, i bought their sway bar today. Im kind of a do it yourself and learn how its done kinda guy. I'd like to get in there to see how everything is set up. If i run into problems, hopefully I can put it back together enough to get it to them.

Vroomevo, im thinking about starting about 9am. Im also installing the rear sway bar as well. Stop by if you got the time, can always use an extra hand or even just a person to chat with while im doing this.

izzy
02-14-2004, 08:33 AM
If one is not mechanically inclined and does not fully comprehend what they are or want to do, it's best to leave it to someone that does and even pay to have it done. Having said that, installing lowering springs is pretty easy. Here's a how-to that may give you some insight. http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/pages/howto/showarticle.asp?articleid=36

I like doing whatever work I can do on my car aswell. For me it's part of the car ownership experience. I also have more piece of mind that knowing that everything is right and tight when flogging the car at speed. There was a guy who took his evo for an alignment. The next couple of days at Willow Springs his front control arm bolt came off and as a result lost control, because the alignment shop forgot to tighten it. Lucky for him it was on a track with no one around and didn't sustain any major damage. It was a NorCal member, he may be on NorCalevo.net. Anyone can ask John Wurth of Speedventures about it, since he helped the owner of the car get it back up.

pangaroo
02-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks to all those who sent me links and info, it was all great stuff...

and more so to those who helped me all day installing the srpings and sway car. And last to Robert for the hook up on the springs. (damn i feel likte this is an award show :D

The car feels incredible. Even though I switched back to my crappy all season tires, the car took the turns smoother with little to no body roll compared to the stock suspension with much more aggressive tires. Can't wait to do some more testing.

Thanks again everyone!

pangaroo
02-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh yeah forgot to ask...Im going to take the car to get alignment done, anyone know where I can get some information on a more agressive setting? The place im going to will do whatever settings I ask for.

vroomevo
02-14-2004, 11:52 PM
dude. after riding in your car, i want to get the spring and sway bar!
felt more tightened to the road(even in the passenger side!).
let you know when i really get the spring, pangaroo! :lol: