PDA

View Full Version : ?s for the track gods

Chris in SD
02-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Guys, I know a lot of you have some good track days (Thunderhill, Willow, Laguna) under your belts now in the Evos, so I have a few questions:

1. What type of brake ducting / underbody mods have you done? (I know about cutting out the plastic in the wheel wells)

2. What pads have you had the best experience with? (I don't want to swap out pads all the time, so I need the best street/trackday compound. I don't mind squeaks or dust.)

3. What brake fluid should I run? (I've been told ATE is great.)

4. What extras (belts, etc.) should I take to the track? (It's a BMW HPDE, but there will be a couple other Evo guys there.)

The last thing is input on my setup: Stock suspension, front/rear Cusco strut bars, 18" BBS RS-GTs w/Toyo T1-S 245/40/18, Endless 2-piece slotted/vented rotors and Endless SS lines. Will this hold up to a 2-day HPDE at Virginia Int'l Raceway (VIR)?

Thanks in advance guys!

Chris

robi
02-14-2004, 08:38 PM
So much for "godhood" check out the link its the onlything which keeps the brakes cool on my Buschur Stage IV. Like the strategically cutaway nose to showoff the ducting???
http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=11010#11010 other "Gods"
http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album55&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

robi
02-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Performance friction "97" usual dusting for a track pad 5K street mile and two days at T-hill and they still have enough for two more days. IMHO squeels a little but nothing like anyone elses "track/fullrace" pads. I have no prob using them for both street and track (But 30+ years of rock and roll hasn't helped my hearing out any) rrr. Fluid Motule 600 my caliper's paint is almost Black from getting them so hot no probs (pedal gets inconsistant with out the ducting but you never have to pump it) You shood ALWAYS have extra pads/fluid with you rember Murphy..."if you have it you won't need it"(or to sell/loan to your friends..)