PDA

View Full Version : Drifting in an Evo?

Temjin
02-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Has anyone tried drifting in an evo? I tried these methods.

1. Power method
Brake hard. Turn hard, and power though (Didn't work)
2. Ebrake
Clutch in, turn hard, Ebrake, clutch out (ebrake is too weak)
3. Clutch kick
Clutch in, Rev throttle, turn hard, clutch out(It worked)

I used method three to break loose the back tires, but it quickly gripped again. I found it impossible to do a sustained drift. I saw Ryce Millin drift his Evo 7 better than the FR's at the RS-R. I don't understand how he did it. Has anyone tried?

Ricardon
02-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Uh, yeah...I got arrested for it!! Power-over drifting this car isn't going to work unless you've got about 500hp hehe. Clutch kicking works really well as you said, it works better if you heel-toe upon entry and disengauge the clutch a little more rapidly to unsettle the rear (this is assuming that youre drifting through a corner not on a straight). The key to sustained drifts in this car is to flat foot the throttle through apexes. Keep it wide open, modulating the throttle will cause the car to hookup and the drift is over. Fein drifting also works really well with this car. For a right hander, heel-toe then ditch it left and come back to the right while at WOT. Of course a tire that's ultimately less grippy than the A046's works really well too LOL!

Temjin
02-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Hey Rich,

I have someone to blame if I end up running into a wall or pole while further practicing my drift techniques :wink: . Figure heel toe would help the clucth kick since you are shifting the weight away from the rear. Actually been thinking about investing in a Hachiroku, FC, or S13 for the sake of learning car control. Maybe I should trade in my evo for 5 old, beatup FR's so I can prcatice till I crash and crash and crash :lol: .

Ricardon
02-16-2004, 01:23 AM
LOL!! Yeah, I'm deffinitely a better grip driver, and I find a lot of enjoyment in lapping at the track, but drifting really is an addicting experience. I've done a couple open drift events, not in the evo of course, and I was hooked immediately. I'm seriously contemplating buying an 86 and have it stay in the garage for only drift events. Imagine it: three car garage, daily driver (truck or SUV for normal driving and towing) the EVO for the racetrack, and an 86 for drift events!!! Drifting is just that much fun LOL. Besides all the cool kids are doing it ROFL!!

NipponHamFighters
02-16-2004, 01:48 AM
Speed...more speed....!!

leaveit2bevo
02-16-2004, 04:16 PM
LOL!! Yeah, I'm deffinitely a better grip driver, and I find a lot of enjoyment in lapping at the track, but drifting really is an addicting experience. I've done a couple open drift events, not in the evo of course, and I was hooked immediately. I'm seriously contemplating buying an 86 and have it stay in the garage for only drift events. Imagine it: three car garage, daily driver (truck or SUV for normal driving and towing) the EVO for the racetrack, and an 86 for drift events!!! Drifting is just that much fun LOL. Besides all the cool kids are doing it ROFL!!

But your not a cool kid :roll: , you probally cant even fit in the 86 there gonna have to cut the roof open so your head can stick out. :wink:

Ricardon
02-16-2004, 08:27 PM

But your not a cool kid :roll: , you probally cant even fit in the 86 there gonna have to cut the roof open so your head can stick out. :wink:

How did I know that was coming!! uh...Ho Ho Ho!!!!!!

QuickShifter
02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
I was actually on sunset when i ACCIDENTLY drifted thecar........heres how....i was really low on gas but love flying through sunset so i was chillin in 5th to conserve gas going probably around 85, rpms were low and not much power was going to the tires, on a pretty basic turn the car just went sideways and i quickly shifted into 3rd and controlled out, it scared the shit out of me but did find a pretty funny technique, but wouldnt reccomend trying it

Ricardon
02-16-2004, 10:19 PM
I have found that there are many people who mistake understeer for drift. The drifting craze has brought such attention/awareness to the art that people are paying a lot of attention to it. It's kind of funny actually, when you are at the track for instance, and someone gets out of their car saying thinks like "whoah man I was totally drifting some of those corners", when you can tell from the outside that it is just a lot of SERIOUS understeer brought on by poor driving, mistaken for drift. If all the weight is shifted towards the front in your EVO and your foot is off the gas while youre turning and wheels start to squeel insanely, not only is it not drift, but it's one of the more embarassing (from an outside view) episodes of understeer you can have hehehe. You have to have MUCH bigger balls to perform successfull sustained drifts in an AWD car than a FR!

QuickShifter
02-16-2004, 10:47 PM
That was a pretty sneeky way of talking shit there ay Ricardon?????? na jk thats pretty funny though, seriously though maybe it wasnt an intentional drift if thats what your saying, but it was the same thing bro, car sideways, tires begging for traction, and i did say i wouldnt reccomend trying it because not only was it an accident it was poor driving, im telling you though, when i put my foot on the throttle after shifting into 3rd it was pretty much a decent drift, not some sort of slide that led to a 30 mph exit!!! :lol: :lol:

Ricardon
02-16-2004, 10:55 PM
no way was I flaming you QS, actually I wasn't even referring to your post at all. I was just posting about experiences that I've had at the racetrack with people mistaking understeer with drift hehehe. talking shit...hell no, I leave that to Bevo LOL!!!

leaveit2bevo
02-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Thats right SHIT TALKING IS MY JOB MOFOS!@!!!!!!!!

han74j
02-16-2004, 11:51 PM
eah dirfting with ur evo is a waste i think!!! 4wds dont need to drift!!!!!

turbrodude
02-21-2004, 12:24 AM
I had a great learning experience in the rain yesterday. Got off the 405 S at El Segundo blvd. Light was green, was making a left. There is a huge amount of road there to play with and no cars around. Wet roads. So I figure I'll take it kind of fast and slide the car around. I'm in 2nd, give it some gas before the apex, turn the wheel. The car just goes straight, understeering like mad. I lift, then get back on gas, still understeering. I lift again, longer this time, I could feel the weight transfer forward, the car pivoted. I get back on the gas this time and the ass end kicks out and I got oversteer. It was beautiful. What really helped was how long the turn was, so I had time to try lifting a few times to really feel what the car was doing.

JWest
02-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Heh,

Ya! 9 outa 10 Russians agree, drifting on the street is fun, when there are no curbs to hit ;-)

Anonymous
02-24-2004, 10:46 AM
I drifted 2 days ago in a parking lot, i was going like 20+ miles, i used my hand brake but didnt keep it up, i let go of E brake then pushed the gas and i was doin a drift, it was fun.

mr. evo
02-27-2004, 05:03 PM
If you want to know how to drift... first take the abs off or wait to get a rs. Then bring your car to me... after hours of course, and i'll show you how to drift. Or ask Brian at www.driftspeed.com :D

Oh yeah... just ask Rich about his little drifting situation... It's a pretty good story!

I'll get ya Rich...

evo8jedi
04-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Its tough with the sticky tires... WHen my yokos went bald, I was coming to a light about to flip a U, doing about 20 in 1st gave it a quick flick to the right with a tap on the brakes and brought it to the left and gased it, Ass end swung around like it was going out of style and was sideways about 3 car lengths after the intersection... but then again I was running on "homemade slicks"

AWDRookie
05-23-2004, 11:37 PM
so what is the secret to drift an AWD? i can't even start to wonder how it works...can't really brake, power-over...feint seems to be the only way? maybe a combo of feint to begin then an e-brake? mr. evo, help...just trying to learn about AWD's and their dynamics. thanx

Ricardon
05-24-2004, 12:36 AM
A healthy dose of clutch kick helps quite a bit. In a stock Evo the feint style works well, but the open front diff is a drift killer. If you have an agressive front alignment and a big rear sway bar, then power-over is very easy. Either way, drifting an EVO takes balls because in order to sustain a drift, speeds must be significantly higher than most FR cars.

Boosted
07-04-2004, 08:22 PM
I saw Ryce Millin drift his Evo 7 better than the FR's at the RS-R. I don't understand how he did it. Has anyone tried?

they do make low grip tires...

Tarmac02
07-04-2004, 09:19 PM
scandinavian flick

BUDLoNG
07-04-2004, 11:09 PM
http://www.desertusa.com/OHV/du_ohv_mirage.html

this is much safer...
for everyone

Ralliartpnoi
07-16-2004, 08:30 AM
i was at a twistie road near my house, made some cheap ass pace notes and had my friend be my navi. my other friend sat back in the middle with a camcorder.(Hey it could've been worse, i was about to wear my helmet too!!) :lol: ...then imagined i was in WRC and on the first turn, oversteered through the apex and then straightened it out. im guessin the tires were still cold and werent gripping yet cuz during the rest of the course my car just held on to the pavement like gum. i jumped into the turn with a good amount of speed on entry and i remember stepping the gas to apex. im guessin it was sorta like a power over drift.

never tried clutchkick, too scared to destroy clutch
never tried feint technique also, just not enough space and stupidity to do it in public

i say if you want to drift. buy a FR car. much easier. i already sold my 240 for like 1500 to my neighbor who likes drifting. i gave him like 4 sets of tires to burn also, arent i nice? damn i miss driftin, but its getting killed really quick. i threw in the drift towel once i got my evo, its all bout grip now baby!

AWDRookie
07-26-2004, 04:10 PM
drifting won't die...it was alive way before anyone in the states knew about it. and it will continue that way for the hardcore when it does die in the states. jest keep it real. its all those peeps who don't know about it talking all their mad stories who are killing the hype. they don't think about it or have the technical aptitude to understand it. if you notice, i don't have many posts cuz all i do is read the forum and try to understand the dynamics of Lady Evo's entirety. i know, i know...the best way to learn is to buy/drive one...but i'm a broke ass!!

Ricardon
07-27-2004, 03:26 PM
It starts by reading though...keep reading and keep saving LOL

CT9A RS
11-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I have found that there are many people who mistake understeer for drift. The drifting craze has brought such attention/awareness to the art that people are paying a lot of attention to it. It's kind of funny actually, when you are at the track for instance, and someone gets out of their car saying thinks like "whoah man I was totally drifting some of those corners", when you can tell from the outside that it is just a lot of SERIOUS understeer brought on by poor driving, mistaken for drift. If all the weight is shifted towards the front in your EVO and your foot is off the gas while youre turning and wheels start to squeel insanely, not only is it not drift, but it's one of the more embarassing (from an outside view) episodes of understeer you can have hehehe. You have to have MUCH bigger balls to perform successfull sustained drifts in an AWD car than a FR!

U kinda have to understeer dont u. I dont know in my old 240. You had to lock the wheels in counter lock. To keep the ass from whipping out too much. So u dont spin out.
But from my experience with the AWD. If u counter lock that AWD is gonna catch n shoot u in that direction. I did it in a Legacy 2.5GT wagon on test drive. I was quick to recover so it was cool.
But in My evo i havent whipped it . I dont have the balls for that. But i have gotten on like 270degree freeway entrances. N i brake entering to bring the weight to the front. n as i begin to turn i get on the gas again. N because of the speed the tires start to break loose n im about to understeer n i just turn in more n it starts to slide. But depending on how much i turn in i can control where i slide to. To keep sliding i stay on the gas. To grab traction i let off the gas. I dont take take to big of an angle though cuz the freeway entrance i like is a tight two lane so if u mess up the angle ur screwed.
I dont know if my front LSD is coming into play there at all.

I dont think its a real drift but yeah to the non drifter it looks n feels like one lol.

I dont know about AWD but i know in FR u do transfer the weight to the front for a drift. Most of the time.

EvoVIII
11-26-2004, 02:53 AM
if there is no Inital D, I wonder how many of u guys will know about 86 and drifting..... :lol:

rubelcon
11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Actually, all the information you need can be found here: http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6479&highlight=awd+drift

Have fun, keep it safe. Watch out for my touge monster..

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTI2NTcwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTI2NTY5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

CT9A RS
12-02-2004, 05:01 PM
You gotta love those initial D whores. Takumi this Takumi that. AE86. Blah blah. I saw initial D for the first time during the summer. Its entertaining.

hey Rubelcon where can i go online for hachi parts other than club4ag. Im plannin on gettin a GTS to play with. I would do another 240 but i couldnt afford my Evo n a 240. I spent about 20k on my S13 i couldnt do it again. but im thinkin along the lines of corolla gts with suspension lots of rims n tires n a kaaz 2 way for me would be fun n affordable.

-Serge B.

Oh yeah and i love the Watanabes u got on ur GTS. sweet rims.

rubelcon
12-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Serge,

Your best bet is buying through members online through Club4AG. Besides that, you can always check Takumi Project, Panda Garage, and the best place, RMR!

Hit me up if you are looking for anything in particular, I would be glad to help you out.

I cant wait till every kid wants to be Tak, then my 86 hits eBay!!

The Emperor
12-02-2004, 05:45 PM
drifting my evo is soo easy! the way to do it.. is weight transfer then gun it then bam! i do it every time especially in the rain or snow!

Ralliartpnoi
12-03-2004, 03:06 AM
my tires are pretty much balder than an eagle now, u think itll effect my cars ability to hold more? im hoping it wont hold as much now, therefore i can experiment wid them on drifting AWD. but first i need to get some new tires before i make a crazy farewell drive with the last of my beloved Advans

tonykwok
02-07-2005, 05:50 AM
When i wasa driving it during the winter in the Minnesota, it really does feel like drifting.(especially in the snow, iced park. With the stock a0 tires...lol, i was driving 30 mph) Turning the left/right abit, then go all the way to the opposite way on the steering wheel.. My car keep going SIDEWAY for a like 5 seconds..
that's the end of the story, i quickly changed to winter tires after that.

WavMixer
03-02-2005, 03:47 PM
http://www.desertusa.com/OHV/du_ohv_mirage.html

this is much safer...
for everyone

DING DING DING! We have a winner. I have been "drifting" cars at El Mirage since before the US ever heard the term drifting. I live a just a few short miles from El Mirage and have organized meets there before and plan to organize something for this summer. If you look at the main page at www.roadraceengineering.com you will see nonother than our own Dr Gray making a 170 MPH run at El Mirage at the last event I organized.

DarkStarEvo
04-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Ok so once i was just making this ok left turn at like 80mph and then i stepped on it even harder red lining third gear. (i was in some mountain roads so there's only 2 lanes, one in each direction) so as i'm half way through the turn i gas it at high rpm's in third, my car loses traction, drift's right into the opposite side of traffic barely miss this white infiniti, this dirt burm happens to open up and i go right up it, i catch traction again going straight. behind the white infiniti is 3 harley's and i cant get out of the dirt burm because the harley's are still passing me. i'm about to run into the dead end of the dirt burm as the last harley passes me then i pull out and i'm back on the road.

flipryder21
04-08-2005, 09:29 AM
kinda pointless to drift an Evo but it's possible, Evo is more of a grip than drift use the drift technique as your last option. Here might want to check this out.

DRIFT TECHNIQUES

Drifting is a technique used through a turn to change a vehicles attitude for a proper exit. Practicing this technique is good for a vehicle that has under or over-steer problems in cornering. (This is used in Rallying but also useful in Road Racing.) There are so many types of drift techniques, so here I just introduced some of them.

Race Drift
This is performed at race speeds, when entering a high speed corner a driver lifts his foot off the throttle to induce a mild over steer and then balances the drift through steering and throttle motions. (note: the car that is being used for this style of drift should be a neutral balanced car therefore the over steer will induce itself, if the car plows through any turn this technique will not work).

Braking Drift
This is performed by trail braking into a corner, then loss of grip is obtained and then balance through steering and throttle motions. (note: this is mainly for medium to low speed corners).

Faint Drift
This is performed by rocking the car towards the outside of a turn and then using the rebound of grip to throw the car into the normal cornering direction. (note this is heavy rally racing technique used to change vehicle attitudes during cornering, mainly tight mountain corners).

Clutch Kick
This is performed by depressing the clutch pedal on approach or during a mild drift to give a sudden jolt through the driveline to upset rear traction.

Shift Lock
This is performed by letting the revs drop on downshift into a corner and then releasing the clutch to put stress on the driveline to slow the rear tires inducing over steer. (this is like pulling the E-brake through a turn - note this should be performed in the wet to minimize damage to the driveline etc.)

Emergency Brake Drift
This technique is very basic, pull the E-Brake or (side brake) to induce rear traction loss and balance drift through steering and throttle play. (note: this can also be used to correct errors or fine tune drift angles).

Dirt Drop Drift
This is performed by dropping the rear tires off the road into the dirt to maintain or gain drift angle without losing power or speed and to set up for the next turn. (note this technique is very useful for low horsepower cars).

Jump Drift

In this technique the rear tire on the inside of a turn or apex is bounced over a curb to lose traction resulting in over steer.

Long Slide Drift
This is done by pulling the E-brake through a strait to start a high angel drift and to hold this to set up for the turn ahead. (note: this can only be done at high speed).

Swaying Drift
This is a slow side-to-side faint like drift where the rear end sways back and forth down a strait.

FF Drift (Front Wheel Drive Drift)
The E-brake as well as steering and braking techniques must be used to balance the car through a corner. (note: the E-brake is the main technique used to balance the drift).

Power Over
This performed when entering a corner and using full throttle to produce heavy oversteer (tail slide) through the turn. (note: needs horsepower to make this happen).

be safe now :lol:

rammsteinmatt
04-08-2005, 11:32 AM
be safe now :lol:

if you want to drift buy a 240 and go to a drift day.
thats what we need from the cops to associate evo owners with drifters, as well as drag racers, ricers, and just generally erradic and crazy drivers

DarkStarEvo
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
ok i obviously wasnt trying to drift because i stated in my little story that while making that left turn i stepped on it in third gear and i started to lose traction....blah blah...and so on cuz you know how's there's a lot of gravel dust and dirt in the canyon to slip upon.

flipryder21
04-08-2005, 12:27 PM
are you referring to me :?

you don't need to get a 240 to drift hell you can drift a shopping cart if you really want to

thats what we need from the cops to associate evo owners with drifters, as well as drag racers, ricers, and just generally erradic and crazy drivers

we are all responsible for are own action but yes you have a point there's saying on that just forgot what it is something like flacking together LOL LOL 8)

Knower
04-09-2005, 03:48 AM
Bringing this thread back from the dead =

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album317/gt40_bevo_sausage_plate.jpg

GusandoX
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
lol tru dat

well i like to heel toe a little early before the corner and lift of the throttle and turn in that normally gets the tail out.* O0

rammsteinmatt
09-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Bringing this thread back from the dead = :outofcloset:

d0cipx
10-23-2005, 05:45 PM
I personally like drifting in my evo and use what flipryder21 refers to as the clutch kick, shift lock, and the power over, when i drift. What's funny is that about a yr ago when i first purchased my evo i was talking to a friend of mine about disconnecting the front driveshaft and making the car rear wheel drive. what's funny to me is that big time japanese drifter guy who owns the ebisu circuit was published in super street after making an sti a rear wheel drive drift vehicle!
Makes me wish that I had put my idea into action a little earlier.
and i actually wouldn't be suprised that after i posted this someone went and did it.
(The main reason for me even talking about something like this is because i like competeing with sti's because they're so similar.) :grin:

The Emperor
10-26-2005, 01:29 AM
RMR already came up with a RWD evo

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=161278

Spaceman Spiff
12-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Drifting evos is quite a bit of fun. I've been sliding mine in the canyons since I bought it in July of 2004. I find the technique that works well for me is to go way too hot into a corner (65-70 in a 45) or (45 in a 20) and turn in. As the car starts to rotate tap the brakes or step off the gas and the back end steps out. This is where it gets tricky compared to a typical FR. Aim the nose deep into the apex without countersteer as the tail is out and let the front tires slip, while modulating the throttle. If you countersteer the tail snaps back into line killing the drift, as does application of full throttle. Let the weight of the Evo work for you pulling the car away from the apex. once lined up with the exit, apply throttle untill the tires grab and shoot you straight. (Countersteer to recover from the drift at the exit point generally turns into snap oversteer).
I've thought about taking my Evo to a drift day, but it seems a little pointless when I know I'd have much more fun with my S13. This goes double now that I'm Drift association advanced certified and only feel like putting the required cage in one car. O0

EvoRacer619
04-16-2006, 04:25 PM
I needa post pics of my RWD conversion

unit_121
05-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I did it in 1st gear at a stop light at 3 in the morning, all I did was redline in first and shifted to second quick, I spun the steering wheel and gave some brake I got a pretty good rally slide out of the evo

Miss Evo8
05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Drifting evos is quite a bit of fun. I've been sliding mine in the canyons since I bought it in July of 2004. I find the technique that works well for me is to go way too hot into a corner (65-70 in a 45) or (45 in a 20) and turn in. As the car starts to rotate tap the brakes or step off the gas and the back end steps out. This is where it gets tricky compared to a typical FR. Aim the nose deep into the apex without countersteer as the tail is out and let the front tires slip, while modulating the throttle. If you countersteer the tail snaps back into line killing the drift, as does application of full throttle. Let the weight of the Evo work for you pulling the car away from the apex. once lined up with the exit, apply throttle untill the tires grab and shoot you straight. (Countersteer to recover from the drift at the exit point generally turns into snap oversteer).
I've thought about taking my Evo to a drift day, but it seems a little pointless when I know I'd have much more fun with my S13. This goes double now that I'm Drift association advanced certified and only feel like putting the required cage in one car. O0

depends on your suspension set up also.......the attitude of the car can be changed a lot with a bigger rear sway bar and rear bushings etc.....

holdingLADERAdown
05-24-2006, 09:04 AM
just get shitty tires i want to get nikko slicks but for now i have really crappy tires i drift all over mission viejo!!hahaha :2funny:

unit_121
05-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I NEED TO GET A SUSPENSION SET UP :(

unit_121
06-02-2006, 07:51 AM
I was st streets of willow, I took a turn at about 60 hard to see if it would drift, wow It took a nice drift to the left...nice looking power slide O0

TougeFreak
06-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I have a 2003 the only time my car slide a lot is when I throttle lift at high speed. My car can't do donut by just pulling ebrake it sux.

j_nizzle
06-14-2006, 08:50 AM

you should!!! LOL

EvoRacer619
06-17-2006, 10:32 PM

you should!!! LOL

I will in a few weeks when im done..LOL

EvolKnight
07-14-2006, 01:01 PM
have you tied putting carl's juniot trays under your rear tires and driving with the handbrake up?...lol...better grow fins cuz you'll be fishing all over...

EvolKnight
07-14-2006, 01:01 PM
have you tied putting carl's juniot trays under your rear tires and driving with the handbrake up?...lol...better grow fins cuz you'll be fishing all over...

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 11:51 AM
guess what, i just used 80k on my evo and now it has 1250 bhp. you peaple talkin about havinsucky tires 2 drift, well, mine can do a powerslide and feint on the best tires you can find. actually, it needs the best tres you can find becauseif it dosent, it will just burnout or you will slide all the way to the wall.

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 12:11 PM
80k huh. you must be some rich guy then. post up what you got...dyno would be nice also =)

Blaze
07-22-2006, 12:21 PM
guess what, i just used 80k on my evo and now it has 1250 bhp. you peaple talkin about havinsucky tires 2 drift, well, mine can do a powerslide and feint on the best tires you can find. actually, it needs the best tres you can find becauseif it dosent, it will just burnout or you will slide all the way to the wall.

Welcome to socal.
And fresh from EvoM, I see....

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 12:34 PM
haha, well, my father owns a rolls royce and for all i care, he needs about 5k to mantain it so i guess im rich. oh and by the way, i borrowed like about 40kfrom him and I came back with 200k so i just went shopping. and i also had to do a damn lot of dyno tuning.

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 12:38 PM
haha, well, my father owns a rolls royce and for all i care, he needs about 5k to mantain it so i guess im rich. oh and by the way, i borrowed like about 40kfrom him and I came back with 200k so i just went shopping. and i also had to do a damn lot of dyno tuning.

might i suggest you shut the f@#$ up 80k to mod hahaha RR hahaha you are a ASSHAT get the F@#$ out of here

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 12:46 PM
oh and back to the subject of driftin a evo, i should know a damn lot of thngs since i have been drifting evos for 7 years. since as you know i have too much power, i use the gippiest tires i can find to prevent my car to slide all the way to mars. if you have an evo with much less power of corse, you can try using totaly smooth tires to do this. about 10 meters away from the corner, shift to 1st-3rd gear depending how long the corner is (if its long, use 1st gear, if its medium, use 2nd gear, if ts short, use 3rd gear but you should stick to 2nd gear.) when 5 meters away frm the corner, let go half of the throttle. then let go. 1 meter away from the corner, turn hard while flooring the gas. then you must not counter-steer or else you will crash. control the drift with steering and at the exit, keep your foot on the gas and counter -steer if neccesary. you might get it wrong the few dozen tmes but evventually you will get it. just dont panic and brake or else the nest time we see you, you will be lying on a bed looking like this :buck2:

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 12:48 PM
no why dont you shut the f#$k up

Chris in SD
07-22-2006, 12:49 PM
*Sniff* *Sniff* Anyone else smell that? Smells like TROLL!!!

Dude, seriously, go hump EvoM's leg with this garbage. If ANY shop made 1250 hp with any Evo it would be everywhere.

OMEGA - I got your back on this one... good call.

1of1000MR
07-22-2006, 12:50 PM
guess what, i just used 80k on my evo and now it has 1250 bhp.

1250 bhp???

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 12:50 PM
no why dont you shut the f#$k up

i am not the one trying to come up in here and talk about all this money and royces and shit we dont care about that crap so if that is what you are about then just simply put your head down and walk away

1of1000MR
07-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Yea I think this guy is full of sh*t!!!

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 12:54 PM
i didint just get it from one shop man, i bought the parts from ralliart garages all around north america.

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 12:54 PM
im kind of amazed at the power you're running w/o any recognition from other enthusiasts. we know of norris designs and ams and what they're capable of. do you have a website or videos of your work/car?

as for drifting evos, i think the advice you gave is a bit lacking considering you go in and out of detail and assume everyone who sees this thread is 100% serious about drifting evos. i would like to think most of us know better and would have bought another car if we were serious about drifting. the vast majority of guys who own the car will never see a track and just bought the car simply to have and boast, others will visit autocross or tarmac tracks as well as rallies to experiment.

imho though, i think you invested WAY TOO MUCH money into a car that you'll never use the full potential of. unless you're going to run it on an oval track. 7 years experience is impressive but 1250bhp in an evo? kind of makes the experience redudant.

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 12:58 PM
you seriously sound like a guy who was on our forums about 2 years ago who talked about sending his usdm evo to jun garage in the philipines just so he could get the parts there and the jun people could tune it and how he was going to do an evo7 conversion and how this and that about it would cost him such and such but it was worth it to him. he also said the car would take 3 months to finish.....and guess what? nearly 2 years later, no word from him and no proof of anything he did.

a lot of what you're saying reminds us(me) of that guy. unless you have some proof of what you're bringing to the table, a lot of us dont want your bs around here.

blkside
07-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Ok I need to get this guy hooked up with one of my soldiers who was the 7 time national pistol shooting champion... or my other guy who hit a cue ball so hard it shattered... Jesus christ how fucking stupid can you be... You post this bullshit and actually think that we will believe you... No Dyno No Mod List... Sorry if this doesnt get to you... right now mars is off axis and my sattelite isnt working well... I hate being on the fucking starship enterprise.... fucking scotty

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 01:02 PM

this is what gets me....5k to maintain a rolls royce? are you fkn out of your mind?

i have a dad who is very well too. but he wouldnt just throw 40k my way and expect me to make 200k out of it....unless i was dealing crack.

1of1000MR
07-22-2006, 01:04 PM

this is what gets me....5k to maintain a rolls royce? are you fkn out of your mind?

i have a dad who is very well too. but he wouldnt just throw 40k my way and expect me to make 200k out of it....unless i was dealing crack.

Thsi guy is a joke, and notice how he hasn't replied....He's all talk.

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM

he's probably scanning his dyno sheet and compiling his pictures and mod list to make us all look like jackasses.....

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 01:08 PM
so you are some rich guy.

rich or not...
im still calling you 1250hp bs.

like J_Nizzle said...if you dont have proof get the your ass out of here. *we know what everyone can talk...but not everone can back up their shit.

and where are you going to use all that power? *you going to drag? *thats the only use i see of all that HP.

so now, post proof of what you've said and then i'll give you some props.
but 80k into an evo...you could've done yourself better by getting a supercar or getting a real FQ...since you're supposedly rich.

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 01:09 PM
NAW *this guy is a serious joke he is supposidly 37 years old and he is talking about how much money he has/doesnt have and he is talking about his daddys ROYCE. . . hahaha

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 01:10 PM

he's probably scanning his dyno sheet and compiling his pictures and mod list to make us all look like jackasses.....

thats why he should provide us with videos

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:11 PM
well i am but my com hanged(becouse of you) and thats why i have not repied and i just love evoes man, thents why i joined or else i would be in malaysia visiting my cousin who used to deal crack.

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:13 PM
i also partcipate in drag in mexico. those bastards driving camaroes and talkin all that bullshit about im gonna lose and bla bla bla

1of1000MR
07-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Dude, just shut the fuck up!!! No one cares!!!

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 01:14 PM
well i am but my com hanged(becouse of you) and thats why i have not repied and i just love evoes man, thents why i joined or else i would be in malaysia visiting my cousin who used to deal crack.

OK OK OK enough is enough seriously your an asshat look just say you are bullshittin and it will be done saying all this bs about ohh i could be here i could be there but your not cause your an asshat so simply walk away for the computer now before you look even dumber

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
yeah, like i will assfart

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 01:18 PM
i think you should just stop now and come back when you have 100% legit evidence about all your claims. *come back with a list of mods, pictures and video of your car (along with it on the dyno), and a dyno sheet.

otherwise...head back to evom

Chris in SD
07-22-2006, 01:19 PM
i also partcipate in drag in mexico.

I wonder what he "participates" in in Mexico while dressed like a woman.* :outofcloset:

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 01:20 PM
look here MR. LAME-EVO or what ever your sn is you are really starting to bug and we/I am not the type of person thatgives two shitts about you or your made up car so seriously stop wasting our time. . .

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 01:21 PM
no CHRIS you have it wrong i think he is trying to say is he likes to go dressed in drag when he gets owned in mexico

1of1000MR
07-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Poeple like this guy are better off just left alone, so this is the last time that I will comment on this guy's stupidity.

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 01:23 PM
+1

im done baggin on him and wasting my time.
i'll give him props after i see 100% legit evidence.

sorry to get off topic.
...evos arent meant for drifting...get a RWD conversion if you want to drift it =P

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:26 PM
what the f@#k s EvoM? and yeah i guess you should leave me alone and *will come back with my mod list and dyno sheet bla bla bla. (dont be dissapointed because i only have a video of my previous evo 6

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 01:27 PM
THATS A WRAP

Chris in SD
07-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Does that car say "PRUVEN" on the side? LOL - what did you do, steal that pic from their site? Or are you really Al in disguise? I would say "IBL", but I kind of want to see the shame heaped on this 'tard. :crazy2:

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 01:32 PM
oh wait....dont come back with a list and video...

bring your 1250hp evo IX gsr to MOD!

we'll see you at MOD.
if you're not in town...come.
if you dont live in socal...fly over here with your car since you're rich enough.

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah, then lets see how screwed you will be man! i will bring the dyno sheets and mod list anyway

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:37 PM
oh and by the way, have you ever heard of the RWD evo?

blkside
This guy is the dumbest fukk on here.. I feel like I am getting dumber just by readin his post. Thats the Pruven EVO... I have seen that pic before... what kind of dumbass pics an extravegant colored evo to claim as his own... I doubleparked the Enterprise... you should see the ticket... 400000000000 bux... LOL

OMEGA
OK ANYWAYS THE END

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:40 PM
by the way, whos al? and guess what, ur the dumbest f#@k here, anyway, why would you even be readin this crap if thats what u think it is

OMEGA
07-22-2006, 01:42 PM
look here bro seriouls you need to get your shit and get to steppin before me and blkside chew your ass to pieces so take it as a FUCKING WARNING

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:43 PM
ok, this is not a forum to critisize me so lets just move on to the topic or else guests will just be looking at crap for the last few pages

Lan-Evo
07-22-2006, 01:48 PM
who the f@#k is al?

Miss Evo8
07-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Who gives a shit? You are fucking retarded!!!! FUCK OFF already! GO AWAY!

BoosTHi
07-22-2006, 02:28 PM
hahahaha how much would that suck if he really pulled out a dyno sheet and video that shows he made that much power....lol....
but it really doesnt look like that is going to happen....... :2funny:

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 02:35 PM
oh and by the way, have you ever heard of the RWD evo?

done by rhys millen?!!?!? if so, yes...i heard they wrecked it in the latest f&f movie...

Chris in SD
07-22-2006, 03:56 PM
AL is probably one of the super t00ners that worked on your beast, esp. if it was done @ Pruven. Unless he pissed them off this week...

I would say AMS in the states and Norris Designs in the UK are the 2 premier Evo tuners when it comes to making power. You mentioned neither of them.

I am still reading this crap because you crack me up. I always love watching retards talk themselves into deeper and deeper messes.

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 04:05 PM
what the f@#k s EvoM? and yeah i guess you should leave me alone and will come back with my mod list and dyno sheet bla bla bla. (dont be dissapointed because i only have a video of my previous evo 6

post that shit up already!!!

blkside
07-22-2006, 04:47 PM
If you believe this guy...wow... That shit needs to be seen in person... You can post anything on here from anywhere... I could post a pic of jessica alba.. doesnt mean I am hitting it... If he doesnt bring it to a meet I am gonna stick with bullshit...

silvery_eagle
07-22-2006, 05:05 PM

did i hear Malaysia?
omg... that's my country... hook me up bro... if you're really that rich :D

chuckdashi
07-22-2006, 05:23 PM
DUUUUDE I installed a spon and mugen sticker on y evo and now im pushing well over a million whp!.... now im scared to install my hondata sticker coz i might not be able to control my car....

by the way im rich beeeeaaaatchhhh..... and i have dyno sheets to prove it.....

mods are:
spoon sticker
mugen sticker

*sorry just got retarded there for a moment....

ultrawifey
07-22-2006, 05:26 PM
DUUUUDE I installed a spon and mugen sticker on y evo and now im pushing well over a million whp!.... now im scared to install my hondata sticker coz i might not be able to control my car....

mods are:
spoon sticker
mugen sticker

ahhahaahha . . one sticker is 10 hp

Lan-Evo
07-28-2006, 06:30 AM
hey silvery eagle, im in malaysia. where you stay

silvery_eagle
07-28-2006, 08:44 AM
hey silvery eagle, im in malaysia. where you stay

i'm in USA.... my home town is in Johor, muar =)

chimers
10-17-2006, 11:19 AM

mods are:
spoon sticker
mugen sticker

ahhahaahha . . one sticker is 10 hp

lol

Sam Smash
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
oh and back to the subject of driftin a evo, i should know a damn lot of thngs since i have been drifting evos for 7 years. since as you know i have too much power, i use the gippiest tires i can find to prevent my car to slide all the way to mars. if you have an evo with much less power of corse, you can try using totaly smooth tires to do this. about 10 meters away from the corner, shift to 1st-3rd gear depending how long the corner is (if its long, use 1st gear, if its medium, use 2nd gear, if ts short, use 3rd gear but you should stick to 2nd gear.) when 5 meters away frm the corner, let go half of the throttle. then let go. 1 meter away from the corner, turn hard while flooring the gas. then you must not counter-steer or else you will crash. control the drift with steering and at the exit, keep your foot on the gas and counter -steer if neccesary. you might get it wrong the few dozen tmes but evventually you will get it. just dont panic and brake or else the nest time we see you, you will be lying on a bed looking like this :buck2:

Just to confirm this, I tried this technique on Forza. I ended up lying on a bed looking like this :buck2:

Sam Smash
10-17-2006, 12:09 PM

Just to confirm this, I tried this technique on Forza. I ended up lying on a bed looking like this :buck2:

Its very sad that an education wasn't required when you purchased your evo. Next time around spend 80k on an English tutor. The grammar errors as well as spelling mistakes are giving me a headache. This forum does have a spell check free of charge.Â* GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!

BTW I tried drifting to Mars, and didnt make it. I only have 1900hp and made it to the moon.

j_nizzle
10-17-2006, 01:20 PM
grammar not grammer...LOL

necrobumpin FTW!

ibl

Sam Smash
10-17-2006, 02:18 PM
grammar not grammer...LOL

necrobumpin FTW!

ibl

Corrected :) Thank Ya!

Azndrfter50
12-28-2006, 11:58 AM
lolz!

Terry S
12-29-2006, 11:52 AM
bleh... more necrobumping.

Terry S

NipponHamFighters
12-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I cant believe people still think that pulling an E Brake and power over is drifting! HAHA

j_nizzle
12-29-2006, 11:29 PM
and them some more necro bumping

Unstroked
04-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Just stay in first gear... Crank the wheel... Then Floor it... Wet ground helps...

ziggity
05-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Recently kicked out an absolutely ridiculous drift. Not sustained, but rally/car chase type stuff.. not quite sure how I did it and I don't think I could do it again. I regret actually doing it because it was on a public road (no traffic, but if I fucked it up I could have hit a stop sign, a metal railing, a curb, any of those things..)

My friend egged me on as we were coming in towards a 110 degree or so left curve, that immediately curved back straight again at the same angle, ending in a small 4way stop sign intersection. We were coming in a little over the spd limit, like 40 out of 35mph.. As soon as he called me a pussy I slammed it, upshifted, and we shot into the turn at about 85 or 90. I threw her into full-lock left and heard the screech, immediately threw full right and screeched again, and coming towards the intersection I didn't see anybody at the signs, so we shot out sideways into a right turn. I don't think my heart rate went down for the next 3 hours.

edit: my coworker is making me also post the fact that I kind of lied. As we drifted sideways at the intersection to turn right, we drifted AROUND a car that was stopped at the sign.. it was someone we work with, so there were no hard feelings or any trouble like that.. but let me say again it was a pretty stupid/dick move on my part, and I do regret it.

Rallye Star
07-31-2007, 01:38 AM
if you want to drift your evo, i would not suggest clutch kicking her. let's think of the mechanics of this... you put her clutch in and give her a boot full of throttle and then BAM! you dump 6k-8k rpm (this might be different for domesticated street evos 'cause my muffin has a restrictor and only revs up to 6500 rpm) through her drive train and just hope that her little feet break traction... and if they don't? diffs and axels are going to break. i will say however, that you can do this on gravel because you don't have much grip there.

what's the easiest mod you can do to make your evo drift better? switch your active diff setting to gravel, which allows for more oversteer. the second easiest? bump up your tire pressures.

when i drifted the 6.5, the only techniques that really worked well were using the scandanavian flick/feint, the hand brake (she has a hydraulic so it worked really well) and shifting up or down to drift and adjusting the tire pressures.

for a casual driver wishing to drift a domesticated street evo... wait until it rains, jack up your tire pressures, find a parking lot and experiment with your hand brake, shifting and using your momentum to drift so you don't hurt your little muffin. : )

:smitten::mitsu:

Azian
09-10-2007, 02:22 PM
this works for the whole drifting thingy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sOhKRLlMB-0

lightfighter
09-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I've was at a small parking lot and did a power over drift in my stock evo IX. I remember turning full lock right and just flooring the throttle at 2nd gear. Did actually have to countersteer so i guess its only a powerslide.

Will post vid if anyone is interested

JDMboi
11-25-2007, 02:43 PM
OK TO DRIFT GET A 240SX ITS CHEAPER EVO S A RE TO EXPENSIVE TO FIX

Fishy Drift-Evo
11-25-2007, 08:23 PM
drifting can be done in so many ways, granted there are certain techniques needed in order to do them given the various situations and setups for the vehicle being used. awd drifting on a normal basis with an evo can be better intended for short distanced high speed drifts. wherin parking lot burn outs and donut circles would only constitute to just that. i've tried drifting my eight, and my most succeful attempts were done at high speeds. i agree with what many of you have said. if you are serious about drifting but don't have a whole lot of money, get another car that would be better suited for drifting. now if u have the patience, time and cash that the majority don't (myself included with those less fortunate on cash) then go ahead and spend the high $$$ amounts to get the car converted to a rwd and go wreck your evo. techniques are applied given the situations wherin they are necessary. the evo is better for grip, but keep in mind my friends that what the mind can imagine is what the human capability has either done or yet to achieve. go check out www.d1gp.com and you'll see a different rwd conversion to an evo viii that was used for drifting at irwindale. i for one would love to have the money to spend on my evo if i could get it to run like that and not be worried knowing that i could tear it down again and try again until i get theformula right. ftw!

Granny Shifter
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
your alignment makes the difference.

Fishy Drift-Evo
11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
in all honesty, if ur gonna keep the evo awd...the best uses for it would be autocross, time attack, or any type of racing wherin grip would be a plus on your list of racing advantages. Â*and one more quick note about drifting, higher speed and higher horsepower would be best suited with grippy tires, less power and low speed Â*with less grippy tires, high power low speed with grippy tires, low power and high speed would call for semi grippy tires that aren't too slick (such a tire is researched as i do not know the suspension setups per car, thus i cannot throw out a specific type of tire for this particular setup.) low power cars drifting at a very highspeed of course is an obvious duh, that you would want grippy tires, and for sanity's sake...why in the hell would you take a low powered car to such speeds just to drift it in the first place and then expect not wreck it and live to tell the tale? thus has ended my $0.02 on this topic.

Fishy Drift-Evo
11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
your alignment makes the difference.

i definitely agree! +1
your alignment would have a great effect on how your car will run and sometimes will cause either your success or your downfall as far as drifting or better yet you overall driving.Â* Â*

NipponHamFighters
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Someone needs to close this thread HAHA! Buy a FR if you want to drift something.

Fishy Drift-Evo
02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Someone needs to close this thread HAHA! Buy a FR if you want to drift something.

+1 unless you have the money to do whatever the hell you want. if that is the cause however i think many would agree and just tell that person to go screw themselves and not post such unnecessary comments about how rich they are. but somebody ought to close this thread already.

LaminarFlow
03-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I know this is a dead subject, but I did a few laps at the bmwcca autox last saturday with my old street tires.Â* The track was fast with a number of fairly high speed 90's.Â* I was driving more for fun than for a fast time.Â* I was getting the hang of the Scandinavian flick and drifting around the track.Â* No e-brake, just using weight transfer.Â* It was HUGE FUN to time it just right and slide around..Â* this was all at ~40 mph..Â* Â*and I've got coilovers with -2.9 camber in the front, along with 0 toe..Â* Â*wore the crap out of the tires in no time, but DAMN!!!Â* what a BLAST!!Â* Â* :DÂ* Â* I didn't manage any good 180 turns, but the long off camber corner I must have been sliding for 200 feet..Â* Â*

and even with my wanna-be-drifter antics, i pulled a time within 4 seconds of the ftd.. and that was with 3 other guys in the car!! I'm beginning to believe that, although far from DRIFTING... being able to do controlled drifts around some track corners is actually faster than grip driving.. it certinally takes more skill..

on a side note, I drove a Subaru Forester with a good suspension, and it was nearly as toss-able as mine, with really good STI-like power.Â* Surprisingly fun for a wagon..Â* Â*O0

lightfighter
03-24-2008, 09:28 PM
yeah if you shift the weight around in our cars through a corner especially with the stock suspension the car loses traction pretty easily. Even better is set the ACD to gravel mode and left foot brake and the car will go 45 degree power slide

Granny Shifter
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I know this is a dead subject, but I did a few laps at the bmwcca autox last saturday with my old street tires. The track was fast with a number of fairly high speed 90's. I was driving more for fun than for a fast time. I was getting the hang of the Scandinavian flick and drifting around the track. No e-brake, just using weight transfer. It was HUGE FUN to time it just right and slide around.. this was all at ~40 mph.. and I've got coilovers with -2.9 camber in the front, along with 0 toe.. wore the crap out of the tires in no time, but DAMN!!! what a BLAST!! :D I didn't manage any good 180 turns, but the long off camber corner I must have been sliding for 200 feet..

and even with my wanna-be-drifter antics, i pulled a time within 4 seconds of the ftd.. and that was with 3 other guys in the car!! I'm beginning to believe that, although far from DRIFTING... being able to do controlled drifts around some track corners is actually faster than grip driving.. it certinally takes more skill..

on a side note, I drove a Subaru Forester with a good suspension, and it was nearly as toss-able as mine, with really good STI-like power. Surprisingly fun for a wagon.. O0

did you happen to have an instructor? was jim there with his gt3?

LaminarFlow
03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I know this is a dead subject, but I did a few laps at the bmwcca autox last saturday with my old street tires. The track was fast with a number of fairly high speed 90's. I was driving more for fun than for a fast time. I was getting the hang of the Scandinavian flick and drifting around the track. No e-brake, just using weight transfer. It was HUGE FUN to time it just right and slide around.. this was all at ~40 mph.. and I've got coilovers with -2.9 camber in the front, along with 0 toe.. wore the crap out of the tires in no time, but DAMN!!! what a BLAST!! :D I didn't manage any good 180 turns, but the long off camber corner I must have been sliding for 200 feet..

on a side note, I drove a Subaru Forester with a good suspension, and it was nearly as toss-able as mine, with really good STI-like power. Surprisingly fun for a wagon.. O0

did you happen to have an instructor? was jim there with his gt3?

LOL!! I was the instructor... The other 3 guys holding on for dear life (especially in the back seat) were the students, including Zach that did the write-up in the motorsports section. Didn't notice the gt3. There were at least two gt3's running. You should try and make the May 3-4th event. http://www.sdbmwcca.com/calendar.html

Fishy Drift-Evo
03-27-2008, 01:14 AM
I know this is a dead subject, but I did a few laps at the bmwcca autox last saturday with my old street tires.Â* The track was fast with a number of fairly high speed 90's.Â* I was driving more for fun than for a fast time.Â* I was getting the hang of the Scandinavian flick and drifting around the track.Â* No e-brake, just using weight transfer.Â* It was HUGE FUN to time it just right and slide around..Â* this was all at ~40 mph..Â* Â*and I've got coilovers with -2.9 camber in the front, along with 0 toe..Â* Â*wore the crap out of the tires in no time, but DAMN!!!Â* what a BLAST!!Â* Â* :DÂ* Â* I didn't manage any good 180 turns, but the long off camber corner I must have been sliding for 200 feet..Â* Â*

on a side note, I drove a Subaru Forester with a good suspension, and it was nearly as toss-able as mine, with really good STI-like power.Â* Surprisingly fun for a wagon..Â* Â*O0

in truth a lot of forms of racing use a slight bit of drifting, however it isn't as exaggerated as the sport known in formula d or D1GP.Â* and yes a certain amount of drifting / sliding can help reduce your lap times.Â* once again that is dependent if you exaggerate how much you slide, or how little you do.Â* a lot of autox drivers tend to do a little on the courses, dependent on the layout.Â* basically there is a gray area where faster lap times can be achieved.Â* hard to say how much is too little or too much for each form of racing.Â* Â*

btw, i'm kinda reconsidering whether it is worth closing this thread or not since the topic is still added to every once in a while. but that's up to the mods. O0

Mr.IXMR2YOU
06-30-2008, 11:55 AM
true that i hit the curb though last fridayÂ* :'( luckly i didnt jump it and no cops came to the scene. rear left wheel/tire,Â* brakes and suspension items got banged up along with the axle... fucken sucksssssssssssss i miss my car. im just waiting for the insurence to look it over so then i can have her put back together luckly no frame damage.. story is.. was at a red light floored it. I turned andÂ* her ass whipped out. I then went to correct her and turn the way i wanted to go but, got to close to the median on my left. There i was stuck in the middle lane for about an hour. i couldnt push my car bc the brakes, rotar, caliper, and wheel were dunzo... its been three days without my car and i think i might just die.. deep down inside i want to cry.. hope none of you have to go through this crap if you feel about your car like i do... :'(

Fishy Drift-Evo
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
sad to hear man. hope your ride gets fixed up soon. did you let off of the gas when you started to slide out?

javicracer
06-30-2008, 12:18 PM
it happen a bs like u. The only difference was that i hit the curb on the front passenger wheel. tnx that nothing happen to the suspension just the rim and the tire. So i told myself danm im getting new wheels!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Mr.IXMR2YOU
06-30-2008, 01:49 PM
yea i think i let off, it happend fast fucK.... My car is suppose to be in the garage, dusted by a california duster and getting a coat or NXT spray on way followed by miguires interior cleaner . AAAAAAAAAAAH damn this shit!

Fishy Drift-Evo
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
damn that sux dude. again, i hope your ride gets put back together again soon.

STIH8TER
03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
go on mud thats the only way you drift on the evo... unless... its a rear wheel drive. you watch too many fast and furious movies.

Fishy Drift-Evo
03-14-2009, 03:50 PM
go on mud thats the only way you drift on the evo... unless... its a rear wheel drive. you watch too many fast and furious movies.

LOL! ^^true dat! honestly, this thread is for the most part dead, in fact i will admit i fell stupid for even posting in it agian. the only way to enjoy drifting your evo on the pavement is to have it running rwd, but either you're gonna dish out the cash to do a massive conversion, or put up with paying for tranny parts because you're gonna ruin a lot of them by deleting out the front diff. all in all, word to the wise get a rwd car that is cheap and simple to mod for drifting and use that instead of an evo, unless of course you have the cash and wanna spend a lot. a good analogy for this is, you don't take an expensive exotic to compete in a demolition derby event, just like you wouldn't spend too much money using an evo for being a retard by drifting it w/o the proper financial backing to do so.

pikadosboy
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM

LOL! ^^true dat! honestly, this thread is for the most part dead, in fact i will admit i fell stupid for even posting in it agian. the only way to enjoy drifting your evo on the pavement is to have it running rwd, but either you're gonna dish out the cash to do a massive conversion, or put up with paying for tranny parts because you're gonna ruin a lot of them by deleting out the front diff. all in all, word to the wise get a rwd car that is cheap and simple to mod for drifting and use that instead of an evo, unless of course you have the cash and wanna spend a lot. a good analogy for this is, you don't take an expensive exotic to compete in a demolition derby event, just like you wouldn't spend too much money using an evo for being a retard by drifting it w/o the proper financial backing to do so.
Fuck man just find a nice big parking lot and wait for a rainy day! LOL.

pink godzila
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
mainly I use ebrake and clutch kick ALOT... will I have 240sx so its a different story

Im sure power over will work on EVOs

pikadosboy
04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
mainly I use ebrake and clutch kick ALOT... will I have 240sx so its a different story

Im sure power over will work on EVOs
stop bumping old threads!

mrobs15
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
noooo who would we attack if there were no necro bumps?!

CRX2EVO
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
fkn noob with no Evo is posting all over the place

ban

pikadosboy
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM

ban
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ducker
05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
There are many sick vids of evo's drifting like a RWD on youtube.

ToxicRacing
06-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Well your right clutch kick works prity good for drifting but u do it to much ur going to brake your transfer case and good luck its like 6G for a brand new one trust me take it from some one who had to change it... for 6G omg i could have had so much done on my car now wawwwww so sad but oh well u learn from ur mistakes and I'm trying to help u not to make a 6 thousand dollar mistake like me.... however if u wanna drift, go buy ceramic pads for ur hand brake and wile ur going on a turn have ur hand brake up half way and just punch it on high RPM it'll drift really good when u get the hang of it... :)

Evolutionized
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
go buy a 240 and kill this thread...

drifting evos... leave it to the movies

henryvt
07-01-2009, 06:15 PM
true, just get a 240sx if you are planning to drift

jamesinger
07-01-2009, 07:54 PM
this thread is :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:, :D :D :D :D :D :D, >:( >:( :crazy2: :crazy2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:, :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:, :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: and :grin: :grin: :grin:. I'm just sayin.
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1334342

jamesinger
07-01-2009, 11:16 PM
actually, forget it. Here is my advice, "There's no 'wax on wax off' of drifting. You learn by doin it. The first drifters invented drifting out here in the mountains by feelin it. So feel it. "

TheJuice
07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Let me get one thing strait about drifting on the street...... That @#$% is fun man!! I found that if no cops are around an on ramp to a free way is a great place to drift.

1. Turn in
2. Gun it
3. After the apex jerk the wheel into the tern.
4. Both hands on steering wheel and steer to keep it sideways.
5. Lift off the throttle to correct.

This takes a little getting used to but its a blast if you have tires that you don't like.

Another way is to go to the El Toro acadamy (AUG 1- @$100) Paul Walker was recently seen there doing some amateur drifting in his S15

phillies23
07-07-2009, 06:30 PM

ban
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lmfao +1456900

Speedf50
10-11-2009, 02:46 AM
I see people get awd cars sideways all the time, just look at rally!

Off throttle, turn in, then stomp on it, sounds good to me.

You could always trail brake the shit out of it.

00Evo
10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
dont know if this has been posted yet but if not check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo