PDA

View Full Version : Who here has gotten pulled over for their exhaust??

Howie
02-16-2004, 09:03 PM
A friend of mine (joebenz) just got pulled over twice in 24 hours for his exhaust. He has an Apexi Dunk on a 99 GSR (white).

I just put my RS*R exhaust on this weekend, and don't want to suffer the same fate so i'm worried. Any of you with aftermarket exhausts have any experiences?

Check out his posts here:
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124208

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124300

alfredob1
02-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Not yet.

FastCarsAre4Me
02-17-2004, 10:31 PM
i usually get pulled over for some other reason, then they ask about your exhaust. Youn shouldnt get pulled over for just your exhaust unless you do something out of the ordinary. Cops hust use it as an excuse to ask you if you have drugs or have been drinking.

GokuSSJ4
02-17-2004, 10:33 PM
also they attent to target honda's and acura's then other cars ..

Howie
02-18-2004, 10:26 AM
also they attent to target honda's and acura's then other cars ..

hehe.. that would explain it Joey. 8)

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
you will be amaze at the amount of attention you get from the cops went you have a honda or acura. Its less stressful if you drive something not related it to that or a V8 ... They dont even look at V8's like camaros , mustangs , corvettes . hey even i would say SUV's and trucks ..

rizalhoo
02-18-2004, 11:11 AM
yup, i dont think u'll get over just for your exhaust unless the cops don't like the way you drive or whatsoever then thats a different story :)

EDIT: ok, I just read the story above... OMG!!!!Thats like 15 mins where I live and I always hang out around that 2 places...

Anonymous
02-18-2004, 11:16 AM
I think my car is loudest here, i have the JIC turbo back, with Perrin Cat delete, including the loudest BOV......where i live cops love sports cars, im lucky that they like the EVO, a bunch of them gathered around my car a while back, they asked me if I wanted to race the sergants COBRA, lol.....but it all depends on where you drive....cops are assholes....everywhere

joebenz
02-18-2004, 04:05 PM
yup, i dont think u'll get over just for your exhaust unless the cops don't like the way you drive or whatsoever then thats a different story :)

EDIT: ok, I just read the story above... OMG!!!!Thats like 15 mins where I live and I always hang out around that 2 places...i swear, i will never drive my car to diamond plaza again. a couple months ago my friend told me that there were cops pulling over every dropped car they saw.

i was so pissed when this happened cuz i didnt do anything to draw any attention to me!!

G20
02-18-2004, 10:57 PM
I got pulled over one for no front license plate. The cop (CHP) asked me to rev my exhaust which is an AVO turbo-back, hence I rev. it up to 3500 RPM. He said 'ok! good' and gave me a ticket for no front license plate which I paid $10 for it. Now this is a fun part, before he left, he quoted me "By the way, nice car you have there.". I guesses he's into car too but I'm not sure he knows about the EVO so.
I think the reason that I didn't get trouble with the exhaust is because the AVO looks stock and not loud until you WOT.
By the way, Huntington Beach Mits. installed the front plate for me free-of-charge. Kudo to the service manager there.
Just want to share my story with you guys. Have a nice day.

han74j
02-18-2004, 11:15 PM
i never got pull over for it. but i got pull over because i was being stupid reving it, and.... eah anywyax not because of it.... and they gave me a ticket for my exhuast but didn't give me a dui =0)

leaveit2bevo
02-19-2004, 12:29 AM
They can pull you over just for reving? that sucks cause I do that shit when im bored or trying to impress the bitches.

IS2000
02-19-2004, 12:46 AM

EDIT: ok, I just read the story above... OMG!!!!Thats like 15 mins where I live and I always hang out around that 2 places...i swear, i will never drive my car to diamond plaza again. a couple months ago my friend told me that there were cops pulling over every dropped car they saw.

i was so pissed when this happened cuz i didnt do anything to draw any attention to me!!

I got pulled over near Life Plaza for my exhaust. The exhaust wasn't too loud, but they asked me to pop my hood. Then they wrote me a ticket for my intake. :evil:

CACalomino
02-19-2004, 12:55 AM
I got the greddy TI and I have my 50 state legal exhaust sticker from back in the day from my Greddy SP for my X honda hahahhahahha eat that popo

GokuSSJ4
02-19-2004, 12:59 AM
now im starting to wonder how loud my exhaust is , hmmm:?
i wonder if runing the Buschur (which looks stock ) it would be or to paint the exhaust completly black ...

Howie
02-19-2004, 12:30 PM

I got pulled over near Life Plaza for my exhaust. The exhaust wasn't too loud, but they asked me to pop my hood. Then they wrote me a ticket for my intake. :evil:

fuck that.. after what you and joey both told me about life plaza.. i'm never goin there with my car again!

augi1
02-19-2004, 12:52 PM

was it a city cop?

I thought only the CHP could make you open the hood for a road inspection?

cas909
02-20-2004, 07:27 PM
i live in diego and the po po's dont even notice me which is a good thing. btw i have the jic ti exhuast so its not so loud