PDA

View Full Version : HKS TT Type w/ Factory Alarm

rEdEvO8
02-17-2004, 03:15 PM
I have the HKS TT Type 1 with HKS wire harness. I also have the factory alarm (Karr) with keyless entry. I cannot arm my car when the TT is idling. Nor will it self-arm when the car shuts off. All the functions of the TT work. How do I get my car to arm when the car is still running? I have tried just to lock the car when the car is idling, the doors lock and the alarm does not arm. Then when the car shuts off, the doors unlock. WTH??? Can you help me out?

Chase101
02-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem too. In fact, everyone that I've talked to with the Karr alarm has had the same problem.

evo8jedi
03-11-2004, 08:08 PM
This is a post I posted on MachV message board... I couldnt get any helpful replies there either...

I've had a turbo timer for a while now, just havent gotten around to putting it in... So today was as good a day as any... I'm using the APEXI with a plug and play harness... WHen I went to plug it in i saw the plug was going into my ATS alarm system that mitsu installed when I bought the car.. it was part of the package I'm realy not sure if anybody else has it in their car. Its just an electronic data key you have to insert before starting the car. So I hook the turbo timer up and go to start the car as usual it starts, I shut it off and go to test the E-brake shut off... it shuts off like its supposed to... I go to start the car again the alarm starts acting funny.. The light that usualy blinks red stops blinking all together... I tured the key to the on position without turning the engine over, I push in the clutch and without turning the key over the engine starts up.... Scared I let out the clutch, and the car keeps running... I push it in again with the car running and the starter turns on... So I try all sorts of crap, I took the turbo timer out and now the alarm isnt working right. I dont need the electronic key to start it now. So I go to the ATS web site... http://www.atsprotection.com and all it says is "Comming soon" I call the number at the bottom and all I get is some Random film studio out in Hollywood...Does anybody else have the same system from Mitsu?

Dr. Evo
03-11-2004, 09:00 PM
KARR and ATS are the worst brands of alarm in the world. We used to install those but have had nothing but problems with them. I would advise pulling the aftermarket alarm out and using the OEM one. It has no shock sensor to go off for no reason, and will honk if someone opens your door. Also, the factory immobilizer system is way harder (read: almost impossible) to get around than any aftermarket starter kill (all that really matters).

rEdEvO8
03-12-2004, 10:25 AM
So that I have the KARR alarm installed, how do I take it out? I was told by KARR that its integraded within the car itself, so basically that you just have to have it turned off. It that true? If I decided to get rid of it, what would you recommend that I and others get to have the alarm arm while the TT is counting down and stay armed when the car shuts off?

rEdEvO8
03-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh, evo8jedi sorry to hear you got all these problems bro..... Hey Dr. Evo, do you have a number for ATS for evo8jedi so that something can be resolved for him???