PDA

View Full Version : what type of Digital camera and (digital) video camera ???

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Im also in the market for a digital video camera and alsoi have a G2 but also want to buy something thats is able to zoom in to different objects from a distance which the G2 lacks off .
I have been looking at the canon Elura 50 digi video camera or the Optura Xi .
what do you guys recommend , also your experience with it .
Also your opinion of a digital camera ...
thanks ..

kaisho99
02-18-2004, 10:32 AM
I am extremely happy with my Hitachi DVD cam corder, that's right DVD! :D It records on DVD-RAM disks that are rewritable so there's no tap and accessing movies is instantanious. It will also record DVD-R 3" disk within the camera as well if you don't have a DVD burner so that's cool.

I port the images off to my laptop using Ulead Movie Factory2 (which converts them to mpg) then you can do whatever you like. My laptop reads DVD-RAM so I just pop the disk in and I'm done (I also have a desktop drive that will read it too so there is that option as well). The Ulead also has a really nice user friendly way to make DVD's with nice customizable splash screens and all that but I digress.

IMO I think the extra couple hundred bucks was well worth it not to have to deal with minDV tapes and trying to capture that footage off to your PC via typically a slow USB 1.1 connection. Although I think more are coming out with USB 2.0 interfaces.

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 10:43 AM
so its worth it getting a digi video camera to record DVD while you are taking them? , then dealing with all the drama of uploading them.
how much did you paid for yours and also what are the capabilities on the zoom . ? A link would be helpful :wink:

kaisho99
02-18-2004, 10:58 AM
I've had it for probably a year. Got it off of ebay for about $800 as I recall. It's an MV270A, 2nd generation. They have newer 3rd generation models out now with greater functionality and cheaper price I'm sure. Zoom on mine is 12x optical with 240x digital

http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/searchResults.jsp?searchTypeId=4

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
thanks !!! whats your take on the canon digital cam corder ??
I will look in to the one you have as well..

koolmits
02-19-2004, 05:47 PM
You'll be happy with the Sony 717 Digital Still Camera or the Sony TRV 33 . If you want to see , go to high-tach.com > photo galleries(2002+) or members and check out the vids and pics .

ObsoleteAsian
02-26-2004, 11:45 PM
if you are looking for a still cam. ... go digital SLR. I got Digital Rebel SLR.. and its honestly so perfect for everything. i got enough storage for 333 hi hi res jpgs. or 100 RAWS.

GokuSSJ4
02-27-2004, 12:53 AM
i had the chance to look at the new sony and it has 8 mega pixs ..wow!!