PDA

View Full Version : check it out Evo vs ITR

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 10:01 AM
its been posted here with a video
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=769503

moogle
02-18-2004, 11:06 AM
From a roll as usual. The story about the evo roll is alot worse in clubrsx.

Takashi
02-18-2004, 11:40 AM
wow, lot of haters over there...

rizalhoo
02-18-2004, 11:41 AM
did u read the whole thread which goku posted? man...why do people hate evo?

especially that guy with user name baonest; talk like he can smoke an evo anytime with his honda, cmon that video is not fair since the evo only have cat back mods and that ITR have lots of mods compared to the evo.

anyhow not trying to flame anything in here :)

Secret Chimp
02-18-2004, 12:20 PM
I am a member at honda-tech. One thing I can tell you about that site....most of the individuals have huge grudges and dislike any car that has no H or A badge on the nose. They are really just angry that Honda has abandoned it's enthusiasts to concentrate on green cars.

Remember, the ITR in the video was modded with a few $K worth of goodies. The Evo was not. Stock for stock, the Evo is MUCH faster than the Type R from a roll or from a stand still. I know.....I owned both. I've driven with Type R's at road course events also. It's not even funny how much faster the Evo is than the R.

SC~

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
i been a honda-tech member for awhile , there both great cars . But the Evo is just an animal , i never imagine that with such little mods the car is capable of so much .
Type R owners are cool , but some of then attend to think that besides an ITR theres nothing else out there that will outhandle or outperform the car . An since is a 4 cylender they think it will outperform almost about just anything with in is class. They even had a huge post about the new DC5 type R compare to the older DC2ITR .
Also people start talking about the car with out even having the chance to drive or know how the car performs ....

rizalhoo
02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
...Remember, the ITR in the video was modded with a few $K worth of goodies. The Evo was not. Stock for stock, the Evo is MUCH faster than the Type R from a roll or from a stand still...
SC~

exactly!!! :evil:

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 12:33 PM
...Remember, the ITR in the video was modded with a few $K worth of goodies. The Evo was not. Stock for stock, the Evo is MUCH faster than the Type R from a roll or from a stand still...
SC~

exactly!!! :evil:
ITR had bolt ons which were intake, header and exhaust
an what made the most differnce is also the ATS Final Drive which is a 4.9
Im sure clutch and flywheel , i wouldnt be surprise . Since why would you open up the tranny and do the FD and not the clutch or at least flywheel. (even doh stock itr is pretty good from factory )
It has showned at least on 1/4 mile (drag racing ) or a straight away to improve by almost .5 seconds . So it does make a huge difference ...[/i]

Takashi
02-18-2004, 12:45 PM
so the itr wasn't that heavily modded then? (to me, bolt ons dont constitute 'heavily modded')

Secret Chimp
02-18-2004, 12:45 PM
I posted a reply to help square away some of the misinformation.

rizalhoo
02-18-2004, 12:48 PM
takashi: when u watch the clips, before the race began, there is a list of evo's and ITR's mods and you can see the difference on the mods.

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 12:55 PM
so the itr wasn't that heavily modded then? (to me, bolt ons dont constitute 'heavily modded')

no it wasnt , it had just a few mods on the car ...

Secret Chimp
02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
What he did have was a different Final drive gear. that makes his car a bit more punchy, but also limits his top speed to like 120mph.

CACalomino
02-18-2004, 01:32 PM
I used to be a HONDA-TECH member when I had my honda I can see where the ITR beat the EVO. 2600 lbs vs 3200 lbs plus good mods = win. BUt if the final drive was stolk in that car it would have been beaten with out a doubt. I had the same set up in my 99 SI ITR swap etc. That is a potent 1.8 I used to run consitant 13.8's all day withi just bolt ons. The ATS was teh difference in the end by far.

I have driven a ITR equiped with a 4.9 ATs final drive and all I can say is WOW. But if teh fight was from a stand still the ITR would have been buring his tires in 1st and 2nd no doubt cause it revs so fast.

But if the race would have continued the EVO would have one cause the ATS drops the top speed of the car from 145 to 130

Both cars are = in th sence that they are race cars from the factory and are at the top of there game in there catorgory but if your gona dragg race start from a stand still.

Chris

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 02:11 PM
the amazing thing is that some one sees that and now thinks that all itr with just few bolt - ons can beat an Evo (stock )
Went is not just about straight aways either :cool:

Secret Chimp
02-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Any one of those type R guys who went to their previous "Integra Type R" Expo (Annual meet/ road course event) that I attended with my Evo, knows which car is faster. :)

As for the rest of em, let them be ignorant about it. It'll be more fun for the Evo owners that meet em at stop lights across this great country. huhu

SC~

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2004, 06:38 PM
what were your lap times compare to the itr ??

Secret Chimp
02-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Well, back east it is seriously frowned upon to time laps at an instructional event. It actually can void the tracks insurance for the event.

But I do know that in a 20 minute heat, I was passing most of the stock ITR's in my run group 1 or 2 times. The more highly modded ones I would pass only once or almost lap before the session ended. The B18C5 powered hatches were hard to lap though!

It would take about 200 yards after coming out of a 40mph 130 degree turn to pass an ITR that was about 50 ft ahead in that same turn.

SC~

drmosh
02-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, back east it is seriously frowned upon to time laps at an instructional event. It actually can void the tracks insurance for the event.
SC~

Wow! We wouldn't even think of running without timing out here.

:D

han74j
02-18-2004, 09:14 PM
haha they r fucking gay!!! talking all that shit just because they know evos r way faster than any hondas out there stock vs stock. and if we put in in the same amount of work as they did with their cars they will have no chance what so ever!!!!

rizalhoo
02-18-2004, 09:17 PM
LOL LOL LOL

leaveit2bevo
02-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Those fuckers sound like the srt-4 homos

sidewaysevo
02-18-2004, 10:44 PM
I swear Hondas all took ish. My friends always took crap on me. They always be whooping on me with there turbo charged civic/crx's. But it is all good when I put a couple more mods I will be able to hang with them or whoop on them, with a full interior and power everything. I had a s2000 before and I loved every minute of it But.... when the evo finally came out I knew what I had to do. GOODBYE S2000!!! Traded that sucker in, in a heart beat. And never regretted one min of it.

The Emperor
02-19-2004, 02:06 PM
i wouldn't mind those honda peeps. they need to worry about how they're gonna beat my camry.

Absinthe
02-19-2004, 02:38 PM
you think they are bad check out the nissan boards if I didnt know better i wopuld say a bone stock SE-r can smoke an evo at least in their world it can. I also once read threads about A sentra beating, 911, vettes, etc.

moogle
02-19-2004, 09:08 PM
FWD = egh.

Takashi
02-19-2004, 11:53 PM
alot of the fwdrivers are knuckleheads (ie 2f2f neon lites, blah) but there are some really nice ones out there. you can make a little civic hatch into a very competent, well-sorted track car.

ESCALVANTE
02-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Takashi: I second that. Aside from my M Roadster, I have a '92 Civic VX with full ITR suspension, Camber kits, and some chassis bracing.
I hope to put the GSR brakes on pretty soon (sitting in the garage) but I have not gotten around to it. Anyhow, those hatches are great cars and can be made into exceptional performers. Can't wait to drop in the B18C5.

GokuSSJ4
02-20-2004, 01:29 AM
some nissan's are quick went they do the SR20DET swap , and add more boost in the mix.. I dont know as far as handleing . but quick on the straight aways ..

Ricardon
02-20-2004, 01:42 AM
This is very funny! I am about as close to owning both as one can get without owning both: my roommate has an '01 ITR. Yeah, the garage looks cool...Yello EVO next to a Yellow ITR, and the guys next to us: a modded rex wagon, and rsx type s. Anyway, I LOVE THE ITR!!! In a drag race the result is positively funny, come on you have to ask which is faster? Oh and yeah, like secret chimp says results at the track are not funny, they are embarassing! I don't understand why there is so much hate around out there. You don't see too much flaming on other cars around here do ya? Racing stories maybe, but we all seem to have a genuine respect for fast japanese cars am I wrong. Besides, what did we drive before the EVO came? Great Danes are always calm and relaxed, chihuahuas are always skidish and brave, barking at everything and pissing on other dog's bones. But who'd win in a fight? YEAH. Haters can breathe clouds of my unburnt 100 octane, that is if they're able to stick to my bumper long enough!!!

GokuSSJ4
02-20-2004, 01:46 AM
what are some lap time on the itr's compare to the evo Rich ??

leaveit2bevo
02-20-2004, 01:49 PM
This is very funny! I am about as close to owning both as one can get without owning both: my roommate has an '01 ITR. Yeah, the garage looks cool...Yello EVO next to a Yellow ITR, and the guys next to us: a modded rex wagon, and rsx type s. Anyway, I LOVE THE ITR!!! In a drag race the result is positively funny, come on you have to ask which is faster? Oh and yeah, like secret chimp says results at the track are not funny, they are embarassing! I don't understand why there is so much hate around out there. You don't see too much flaming on other cars around here do ya? Racing stories maybe, but we all seem to have a genuine respect for fast japanese cars am I wrong. Besides, what did we drive before the EVO came? Great Danes are always calm and relaxed, chihuahuas are always skidish and brave, barking at everything and pissing on other dog's bones. But who'd win in a fight? YEAH. Haters can breathe clouds of my unburnt 100 octane, that is if they're able to stick to my bumper long enough!!!

He finally got the ITR back, but wtf are you talking about dogs?

Tofurky
02-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Takashi: I second that. Aside from my M Roadster, I have a '92 Civic VX with full ITR suspension, Camber kits, and some chassis bracing.
I hope to put the GSR brakes on pretty soon (sitting in the garage) but I have not gotten around to it. Anyhow, those hatches are great cars and can be made into exceptional performers. Can't wait to drop in the B18C5.

I miss my hatch, I made the mistake of aiming for too much power. My original intentions were ot make a well sorted turbocharged road race honda. GSR front brakes, rear discs... at low boost it seemed like it might actually work... Eventually things just got ridiculous. As soon as I started puting out over 300 to the front wheels, no suspension or brakes(at least that my wallet could afford) could compensate for that. I eventually gave up and threw a .57 trim t3/t4 on the car... and turned it into a fun little straight line car. For a FF car, it moved... bfg g-force drag radials, skunk2 rear drag springs, jimfab tractionbars....for 400 hp to the front wheels, it was hooking up fairly well.

Not sure what exactly happened to Honda-Tech.... but at least the forced induction forum over there is still well regulated, and overfilling with good stuff.

moogle
02-20-2004, 06:30 PM
I would understand clubrsx, any kind of forum with CLUB in front, but I wouldn't have thought that they have so many clowns/haters in honda-tech.

cas909
02-20-2004, 07:00 PM
yeah those Rs are nice, i almost got one back in dec of 99 but riverside acura wanted to rape me on it really bad, so i had to stick wiht my slow ass gs spyder. as for racing hondas id rather put my truck up to them. i hate when im going down the fwy and you get some riced out honda or whatever rev on you or pace you, its so annoying. then you gotta spank em just so theyre happy :skid:

CIVICBOOST
02-21-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm a newb here to this board and I also drive a FWD 03 Civic Si with mild bolt-on's/ECU flash and suspension mods. My car is by all means "not fast" I only run a 14.8 sec. pass in the quarter :(

I'm stuck in a rut right now as I cant decide if I want to trade in my car for a EVO and throw all the money I spent fixing it up or just deal with life and turbo my Si :?

I know I dont speak for all Honda owners, but I wish I had waited 2 months before getting my car because I didnt find out about the EVO's arrival in the USA until after I got my Si which really sucks. I have alot of respect for the cool EVO owners and always give a thumbs up when I see one here in Palmdale because thats the car I wish I had initially got to begin with. Dont get me wrong I love the styling and peppyness of my new Si but its NO EVO. :D
BTW cool vid 8)

cas909
02-21-2004, 09:29 PM
well civicboost thats all really up to you now, theres alot of aftermarket support for the civic but then again the evo has huge support from the aftermarket too. i personally would get the evo, you get more respect from the v8 guys as well as the import guys just watch out for the idiots that are always egding you on to run them in there slow ass accords and what not. i really wish hoda would have came up with the si that was similar to the 99-00 si, those were really nice. but what ever route you decide to go, good luck and stay away from the rice please

CIVICBOOST
02-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the insight man,
I'm still undecided on my decision, but am leaning towards keeping my Si and adding Turbo as many of us EP3 chassis Si's are doing. The turbo gives the Si 250HP @ the wheels and 210 lbs/ft on 8psi which isnt bad for stock internals.

As much as I love the Evo, I cant stomach the fact of throwing all the money I put into the Si I/E/H, Motor mount inserts, suspension mods, ECU reflash, bodykit, Carbon hood, Carbon spoiler, wheels, JDM shiftknob & boot.
All this crap adds up as you guys surely know, so you guys can surely see where I'm coming from on this decision process.

I hope I'm still welcome and wont be flamed to harshly for driving a FWD Civic :lol: but on a side note I'm getting the Greddy turbo kit which runs a Mitsubishi turbo 8)

The Emperor
02-21-2004, 10:46 PM
i love the latest si. i would have that for my daily driver if i had extra money. if you keep your honda, personally i would tune it n/a style. i'm sure you can pump out good horsepower out of your engine w/o boost. like i would go for the spoon type: handling and decent power. but if you're gonna go turbo, might as well get the evo. but whatever choice you make, please stay away from rice.

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Evo and the EP3 are to different cars , i like the Evo as being an all around car . You add a couple of mods without being hard core and the car responds amazing .
Also is a nice car to start and build from . If you go FI on yours , best of luck .. The decision is always up to you ...:)

CIVICBOOST
02-22-2004, 12:28 AM
i love the latest si. i would have that for my daily driver if i had extra money. if you keep your honda, personally i would tune it n/a style. i'm sure you can pump out good horsepower out of your engine w/o boost. like i would go for the spoon type: handling and decent power. but if you're gonna go turbo, might as well get the evo. but whatever choice you make, please stay away from rice.

I've gone as far as bolt-ons will allow me to go NA, the aftermarket isnt all that impressive when compared to the 99-00 coupes. To stay NA and be somewhat competitive I would need to swap a DC5-R motor and tranny, that would put me in the high 12's-low 13's. My stock motor isnt the best candidate for staying NA with a compression of 9.8.1.

The Evo is looking rather tempting in that Rally Red :D
Thanks for all the good suggestions , and dont worry about the rice thing :wink: