PDA

View Full Version : Evo FAQ on SoCalEvo.net

Coolguy949
02-18-2004, 10:54 AM
I'd like to create an FAQ section on this site to answer all major and minor questions about the evo 8. I have a copy of the evo 8 shop manual i can get images out of. Lets start getting questions and answers posted in here. Please use the format like my example below. If you need an image from the shop manual please let me know and I can post it up for you.

How much horsepower does the Lancer Evolution 8 have?

- The Lancer Evolution 8 has 271 horepower measured at the crankshaft.

Please respond with something you'd like to add to the FAQ!

Rob

kaisho99
02-18-2004, 03:49 PM
If you'd like to get some ideas I found this faq for my 3g invaluable. Many of the general topics still apply. Like what's the stock rim weight or what's type of tranny fluid is best. Stuff like that.

http://www.10south.net/~mprobins/eclipse/3gfaq.html

GokuSSJ4
02-20-2004, 01:35 AM
What are the specs of the intake and exhaust stock cams on the Evo ?

I have an idea but are not certain of the answer
10.5mm lift 250 duration (some one correct me please lol)

ZZ-top
04-15-2004, 03:23 PM
What kind of Evo and STI are sold in America.
In Europe its:
Evo7 with 2.0l turbo 280 h.p.
Evo8 2.0l turbo 265 h.p.
STI 2.0l turbo 265 h.p.

In States ?

xxfairenoughxx
04-22-2004, 10:10 AM
I just got my evo...what's the best way to break it in, when should i change the oil, when should i start installing aftermarket mods

From what I understand it should be kept under 4K RPM until 1000 miles and never fast than 80mph. Then try to break it in gradually. Try and change the oil at 1000 because of the metal flakes then again at 3000. Im not sure whether or not to use synthetic or natural someone else can chime in im sure. The mods kind of depends. Some dealerships might void your warranty so you might want to wait until after the warranty or just go to another dealership.

xxfairenoughxx
04-22-2004, 10:16 AM
I just got a ticket what do i do?

Look up the vehicle code by searching at google with "California vehicle code" and then look for the CVC ##### on whatever page you find. Some laws like tint for example have ways of getting out of the ticket. With tint if you get a note from a certified optomotrist saying you have light sensitivity then its legal for you to have tint! If you can't get out of it that way get as many extensions as you can and as many court date extensions as you can. If you plan on fighting come super prepared. Take pictures of where the officer says he was, pictures where you were and come up with a believable case and try not to be a dickhead and the judge, if he's not a prick, will probably side with you. Always bitch about not have the money because they can lower the fees etc. etc. Anyone else have any other suggestions.