PDA

View Full Version : SPONSERSHIP

civic/v8eater
02-18-2004, 10:56 AM
DOES ANYONE NOW OR HAS ANY TIPS ON HOW TO COME ABOUT A SPONCERSHI..................

Secret Chimp
02-18-2004, 01:06 PM
First Lesson:

Spelling.

Sponsorship is spelled with an 'O' not an 'E'.

If you can't spell it properly, no one will take you seriously when you ask for it.

Second Lesson:

Don't write in all caps. On the internet it comes across as if you are YELLING AT US!

SC~ who is just joking...

han74j
02-18-2004, 05:07 PM
i htink most of them wants u to go to like 4 or 5 shows a year...... if ur car if really fixed up and goes to shows they will probably sponsor u!

civic/v8eater
02-18-2004, 08:13 PM
thanx man!

civic/v8eater
02-19-2004, 02:30 PM
just spoke to a guy from serenity sound, he said he would sit w/ and make my car show condition for like 7k................thinking of doing it not sure. everything would be at wholesale price n lower

BOVBILLY
02-19-2004, 02:34 PM
DUMB!!! DON'T DO IT!!

YOU NEED TO APPROACH PEOPLE WITH A PROPOSAL FIRST. WITH OUT A PROPOSAL, YOU ARE NOTHING!!! IF YOU WON'T GO TO EVERY SHOW, AND MEET, THEY DON'T WANT YOU.

PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS.

I LIKE CAPS.

mprtklr
02-19-2004, 03:32 PM
sponsorship is basically a company advertising on you. they dont care about you or your car, they care about getting their message out. you need to show that you have the capability to draw a crowd before they care. and you MUST have a track record of successful show competition. you cant just walk in and expect it. plus its a pain in the ass, there is no bright side to sponsorships. if you miss a single show, you forfeit and have to pay for your parts or return them. account managers calling you up at 5:00 am saying "you need to be in las vegas in 3 hours, setup and all, and you better win" its not exciting, it becomes a pain in the ass. it SOOO over glorified in the movies and websites. you get free stuff, great but you are at a companies beckon call 24hrs a day until yuo fulfill your predetermind quota. and when you deal with multiple sponsors, they may pull you in different directions, making it even tougher. i currently have 5 sponsors, and it is very hard living a regular life and fulfilling my 10 show commitment.

ObsoleteAsian
02-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Keys to sponsorship as said is a proposal. But if you want to get sponsored you have entice the company with your plans and ideas. Its not what they can do for you, but what can you offer them. What lengths are you going to go to help there sales. Not how your car looks...

So perhaps find out what you have to offer before going to a company.