PDA

View Full Version : March SoCalEvo meet poll

ReHeat
02-18-2004, 07:25 PM
We're planning our March meet, and the activity we have in mind right now is going to Hot Import Nights in LA convention center on March 6th. http://www.hotimportnights.com/

Our concern is since the tickets to get in is about $25 and parking at the convention center is about $10, how many of you would actually be interested in participating in this activity?

Please take the poll and let us know what you think. Also any other activity sugguestions are welcome.

alex_alex
02-18-2004, 07:34 PM
wow. Thats a little pricey. Im tentatively interested, but seems like i always have something due the following Monday. Ill know sooner to that time.

augi1
02-18-2004, 07:40 PM
there are $5 off cupons around, I pick some up at autolink motorsport in temple city. I do not think I can go though I found out about a surprise B-Day party, Its on the 6th. I think I might have to go to that.

moogle
02-18-2004, 08:18 PM
$25 bucks eh. Its pricey for a meet and not sure if its safe to bring the evo.

civic/v8eater
02-18-2004, 08:35 PM
iam in for sure

leaveit2bevo
02-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Im down there should be mad bitches jocking the evos.

Anonymous
02-18-2004, 10:10 PM
see you guys could get some kind of discount, 35 bucks is not bad, but im bringing my girl thats like 70 bucks, anyways thats not the point, as a group we should be able to get discounts...but if not possible then im still going

CarPhoto.net
02-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Lets do Carpools!!!!!!!

http://www.CarPhoto.net

augi1
02-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Lets do Carpools!!!!!!!

ahh........No.

kaisho99
02-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Lets do Carpools!!!!!!!

ahh........No.

Funny...exactly my comment when I read that.

BOVBILLY
02-19-2004, 09:19 AM
I AM SHOWING, SO I WILL SEE YOU FOOO'S THERE!

GokuSSJ4
02-19-2004, 09:21 AM
on a saturday hmm!!! ill try to make it . .
Since also you have Buttonwillow on the 5th ...

leaveit2bevo
02-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Lets do Carpools!!!!!!!

ahh........No.

hahahaha that makes 3 of us

civic/v8eater
02-19-2004, 02:37 PM
on what day.............

evo tr1p
02-19-2004, 05:22 PM
count me in! i have to be there anyways to take pix for the event.

RanDEVO
02-19-2004, 10:54 PM
mayn... i would go but i dont wanna wait in line for the tickets. And i dont have a cred. card to buy them oNline! GEez... Could someone help me out here?? :?

KU7484
02-19-2004, 11:55 PM
COUNT ME IN!!!! even though i don't know any of you. i went to the last meet and just mingled around and left early. Hopefully this meet ill get some balls to go up to random people. I think this will be a great time to meet...

Question: if we do meet... how are we gonna get enough parking so we have our evo's parked together. Parking around there is a bitch.... so we gotta pllan early.

ReHeat
02-20-2004, 12:44 AM
If we decided to go to this event, we might be able to get $22 discount tickets, we still have to pay full parking fee tho. The parking shouldn't be a big issue if we go early, I went to the last HIN at the convention center and there were lots of space in the parking structure.

But we still need more feedback from everyone, just 22 votes is not enough for us to make the decision. Please vote so we can decide soon whether to go with this event or something else.

RaysurX
02-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Meeting there would be cool...... but I'm more for meeting in a open area to chat and talk shop freely. ie; like a Tustin setting, beach etc. etc
Then take a cruise "somewhere" and have a nice long line of eVo's on the road.

I'm a little concerned regarding the safety of our eVo's.... There are a lot of punks out there and a lot of them could be at this event and I (personally) don't like the idea of leaving the car unattended in the parking structure.

bcmind
02-21-2004, 01:12 AM
i change my mind.. probably won't go this month... :?

ErroR
02-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Maybe we should consider an alternative for those who don't go.

CACalomino
02-21-2004, 12:33 PM
I wont dare bring my car to a ricer show. In the past import nights and days is just an excuse to spend money on looking at crap cars with million dollar paint jobs and 747 jumbo jet sized wings on them. OH not to mention thieves love the parking lots. If they see like 20plus evos one of us is gona get jacked or fucked with. I will put money on that.

NOt to diss the meet but I have been there done that and am not trying to spend any more money on repares to the evo thats for sure.

BUt if u like show cars have fun its your kinda show

just my .02

chris

STiTHIS
02-21-2004, 01:36 PM
LA, downtown...not with the Evo.

leaveit2bevo
02-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I read a story in one of the import mags that the pigs blocked the exits on some sort of car show and gave fix it tickets to all the modded cars.

ErroR
02-21-2004, 08:02 PM
I used to work for the show and have seen some crazy shit. definitely wouldn't want to bring my car there.

SolarXclipse
02-22-2004, 03:55 AM
Can we do the March meet on Sunday so everyone will come. Since we always do it every first Sunday. I miss canyon run and lets make another photo shoot on different view such as beach, lake, mountains or any ideas you guys would have.
Noel

Anonymous
02-22-2004, 11:42 AM
We should do something where everyone will be able to show up, HIN is a great event, Downtown LA is not a bad place to drive our evos, and the chances of a cop stopping is like 1/1000, hopefully this is made an event.

moogle
02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Hopefully is not. If this was a main meet lets make side meet for the peepz who is not going to hin. There will be alot more peepz going there than HIN.

moogle
02-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I read a story in one of the import mags that the pigs blocked the exits on some sort of car show and gave fix it tickets to all the modded cars.

Few years ago someone died, got stabbed in HIN, and last year in long beach I saw cops pulling over for mods. Bad place to meet, bad place to leave ur evo unattended for punks, and guaranteed cops pulling u over with ur xhst.

fourg63_gst
02-22-2004, 07:57 PM
I wont dare bring my car to a ricer show. In the past import nights and days is just an excuse to spend money on looking at crap cars with million dollar paint jobs and 747 jumbo jet sized wings on them. OH not to mention thieves love the parking lots. If they see like 20plus evos one of us is gona get jacked or fucked with. I will put money on that.

NOt to diss the meet but I have been there done that and am not trying to spend any more money on repares to the evo thats for sure.

just my .02

chris

I agree wtih you 100%

ReHeat
02-22-2004, 10:54 PM
More ideas and location suggestions for the March meet is needed.

moogle
02-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Laguna Niguel Regional Park

mountain high

Santa monica pier

*La Brea Tarpits "never been there"

hollywood walk of fame.

Well I know lots of spots where we can have awesome group shot. Here's a few locations to mention.

ReHeat
02-23-2004, 12:03 AM
moogle, thanks for the location suggestions. The problem is some people are bitching about us having too many "parking lot" meets, so we're trying to find some activities to do for our meets. Any suggestions on some fun activities we can do? We've already done Go-Kart, BBQ, track, and canyon "cruise".

moogle
02-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Hmm u've guys done go-kart, track, cruise... How about something relaxing http://www.glenivy.com/ LOL.

BOVBILLY
02-23-2004, 08:50 AM
time for caps!!!

LETS CHANGE THE MEET TO SUNDAY. MAKES SENSE.

1. SO WE CAN SHOW OFF ALL OF OUR CARS. (ALOT OF PEEPS ARE CARPOOLING. WHO CAR POOLS TO A MEET? :roll: :roll: )

2. ALOT OF PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO SPEND $25.00 A HEAD, TO GET IN. THIS IS A CAR SHOW, HIN, NOT A MEET.

3. ALOT OF PEOPLE WORK. FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO WORK ON SATURDAYS, NOEL, CHRIS (DIRT 909R), ETC..., IT KIND OF SUCKS.

MODS AND MEET DIRECTORS, PLEASE RECONSIDER IT, SO WE CAN ALL GO. PLUS, I WANT TO SHOW OFF MY CAR AND I LOVE HAVING A CROWD OF PEOPLE AROUND OUR CARS. AT HIN, UNLESS YOU HAVE TIG OF BITTIES, YOU AIN'T SHEAUGHT!

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 10:11 AM
I would love to paintball....but i always think about the price to play and spray, unless someone here can get cheap cheap paintballs and admission to play in a field....cant we rent a field out for a whole day?

how bout driving to vegas to do some photo shoots? we can all have fun in Vegas....we all leave early morning and get there around noon, and leave at night?

Justin1933
02-23-2004, 02:05 PM
What about going out to the desert and doing a bit of off road driving? I know a bunch of Subie guys go out by the Salton Sea and do some driving out there...Dirt is very soft and not a lot of rocks...

augi1
02-23-2004, 02:18 PM
My suggestion a while back was to goto a park and have a BBQ and maybe play some ball. There is a huge park in long beach (El Dorado Park west) that has baseball fields, basketball courts and plenty of open spaces for touch football. There is also good parking (no charge), benches and BBQ pits. You have to reserve a baseball field if you want to play on a particular day.

Just my idea

leaveit2bevo
02-23-2004, 07:43 PM
My suggestion a while back was to goto a park and have a BBQ and maybe play some ball. There is a huge park in long beach (El Dorado Park west) that has baseball fields, basketball courts and plenty of open spaces for touch football. There is also good parking (no charge), benches and BBQ pits. You have to reserve a baseball field if you want to play on a particular day.

Just my idea

This is a good suggestion but there are to many old guys to do that stuff :twisted: hahhaha jp old guys. anyways paintballing would be cool but some said we would get the cars full of paint. I think the salt flates are a good idea id love to go where I can do donoughts and 150 without getting caught.

inline4g63
02-23-2004, 08:36 PM
umm. eldorado park charges for parking. I thinks its like 6 bucks. I used to go fishing there.

ErroR
02-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Laguna Niguel Regional Park

Well I know lots of spots where we can have awesome group shot. Here's a few locations to mention.

I like that idea lots of space for a big ass BBQ.

moogle
02-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Laguna nigue regional park... 1 2nd it.
So u big meet heads whatcha think?

ReHeat
02-24-2004, 12:59 AM
We just had a BBQ meet, but if everyone wants another parking lot/BBQ meet this time, we ca arrange that. But I know that there are some people who don't want another parking lot/BBQ meet anytime soon. As you can see, it's not easy to come up with a meet that would please everybody. Keep the ideas coming! We're also working on the possiblility of having a tech day. We need to get this thing set in the next few days.

inline4g63
02-24-2004, 01:12 AM
i still havent been to a meet with a cruise . . . the srt motorsport meet was my first one.

ReHeat
02-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Looks like we're not going to HIN because of the lack of interest. And at the moment the schedule doesn't allow us to do the tech day, as we want to get it more organized, get the vendors to come out to and show off their products and give help for install. So we'll have to save this for a later meet.

For the March meet, it's probably a good time to change back to our original meet timeline, meet on the first Sunday of the month. March 7 would be the target date, and Laguna Niguel Regional Park sound like a good choice, we can have a meet, eat, then cruise to a good photo spot to take some pictures. Anyone familiar with that location care to give us some more info on that park? i.e. Parking, restaurant/food, photo spot, etc.

Coolguy949
02-24-2004, 07:23 PM
The regional park idea sounds cool. We can bring some sports stuff to play some ball or something! FOOOOOOD too!!!

ErroR
02-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Neil and I live in the area. I think I'll give him a ring.

GokuSSJ4
02-24-2004, 10:12 PM
time for caps!!!

LETS CHANGE THE MEET TO SUNDAY. MAKES SENSE.

1. SO WE CAN SHOW OFF ALL OF OUR CARS. (ALOT OF PEEPS ARE CARPOOLING. WHO CAR POOLS TO A MEET? :roll: :roll: )

2. ALOT OF PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO SPEND $25.00 A HEAD, TO GET IN. THIS IS A CAR SHOW, HIN, NOT A MEET.

3. ALOT OF PEOPLE WORK. FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO WORK ON SATURDAYS, NOEL, CHRIS (DIRT 909R), ETC..., IT KIND OF SUCKS.

MODS AND MEET DIRECTORS, PLEASE RECONSIDER IT, SO WE CAN ALL GO. PLUS, I WANT TO SHOW OFF MY CAR AND I LOVE HAVING A CROWD OF PEOPLE AROUND OUR CARS. AT HIN, UNLESS YOU HAVE TIG OF BITTIES, YOU AIN'T SHEAUGHT!
Sunday sounds great !!! 8) since i work on Saturdays and are not able to make it , if you guys take on the meeting then ....
So have you guys decided to where is being taking place .?????????

NipponHamFighters
02-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Sorry with all the changes, is there a hard date and meeting spot?

ReHeat
02-25-2004, 01:28 AM
Right now the tentative target date is March 7 at Laguna Niguel Regional Park. An offical meet thread will be created once its' finalized in the next day or two.

kaisho99
02-25-2004, 08:23 AM
If that park doesn't work out there's Doheny State Beach in Dana Point which is a nice place. They have an out of the way parking at the end of their lot. Just a thought. Ifwe wanted to do volleyball I think you have to rent the nets or something.

leaveit2bevo
02-25-2004, 10:23 AM
no volleyball. either football or basketball.

rizalhoo
02-25-2004, 10:33 AM
a little out of topic but anyone here play soccer?

Justin1933
02-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Back in the high school days...We won CIF and were ranked #2 in the Nation...Haven't played since....

GokuSSJ4
02-25-2004, 11:22 AM
i havent played in a while also(it would be fun ) ... dang lol im sure Ricardon got mad soccer skills .....
Im down for basketball , football , soccer and even volleyball lol i may not be the best but its good to have fun ....

moogle
02-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm down to play whatever but I guarantee I am not good.

GokuSSJ4
02-25-2004, 06:37 PM
lol as long as we are having fun is all good ......
Lets tackle some one lol i vote for Rob for quaterback .... j/k...

preston
02-25-2004, 09:58 PM
count me in! i have to be there anyways to take pix for the event.my car is entered in the hot import nights show!! preston
[email protected]

ReHeat
02-26-2004, 02:01 AM
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

RB Motoring has just offer us the great opportunity to host our March 7 SoCalEvo meet at their new shop at City of Industry.

We will have to postpone the Laguna Niguel Regional Park meet to a later date.

Final details will be posted soon.

kaisho99
02-26-2004, 03:07 PM
all the better as the weather has been dodgey lately.

oldskool
02-29-2004, 12:37 AM
Uhm...so the final consensus is no HIN show meet? I saw a bunch of evos at the D1GP today.

CarPhoto.net
02-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Lets do Carpools!!!!!!!

ahh........No.

I am only talking to the people in the San Gabriel vally and these people know exactly who they are. Thank you for the nice comment.

ReHeat
03-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Uhm...so the final consensus is no HIN show meet? I saw a bunch of evos at the D1GP today.

Yes, the March meet is going to be in RB Motoring, please see this thread for more details

http://forums.socalevo.net/viewtopic.php?t=1282

I saw at least 10 Evos at D1.

mr. evo
03-03-2004, 11:29 AM
What time at RB Motoring, and where is it agian?

GokuSSJ4
03-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Here is the info for SoCalEvo Meet #9, flyer will be made later

Date : Sunday, March 7th, 2004

Time : 11:00AM

15110 East Nelson , Unit C
City of Industry , CA 91744

CarPhoto.net
03-04-2004, 03:16 AM

just my .02

chris

I have been to HIN many times. I went last august and you can park in the staples center parking structure or parking lot which is guarded by security.

You are really parinoid or have not been to the LA HIN. Your car will be fine if parked in the parking structure and not the STREET.

GokuSSJ4
03-04-2004, 09:33 AM
CACalomino wrote:

just my .02

chris

ROFL yeah some of those show get out of hand , besides im not to crazy about them.....