PDA

View Full Version : 5th gear replaced

rizalhoo
02-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey,

Just wanna share an experience going to Puente Hills Mitsubishi Dealer. I went there today (finally…) to have my 5th gear replaced (i have the grinding problem like most of u have probably). My mods are turbo back, intake, bov, ecu reflash and boost controller. Im so glad that it was replace under warranty since I was worried about my mods that might give em reason to void the warranty especially with the boost control, but they seems cool about my mods so 2 THUMBS UP for Puente Hills Mitsu Dealer. One more thing, my mileage on the car is 14064 when I had my car serviced with them.

About my mods, they didn’t even ask anything or mention about anything before and after they work on my car. Just sharing my experience though since as I said I was worried coz of my mods and they will void my warranty and had to pay $1Ks for the 5th gear to be replace

By the way if anyone feel like i've shared this before, anyhow yeah it was like 2 months ago but they told me that they had to order parts and everything then nothing...so I came there again few days ago and talk to Sal and he took care everything :)

btw i also had an oil change for $81.02 (a bit pricey eh ? but its all good then.... 8) )

anyhow hope this helps someone

rizalhoo
02-19-2004, 01:52 PM
anyhow if anyone wanna see the job description on the paper work from mitsu regarding what specifically did they do on the clutch, id post em after I get home tonight :)

nurb2
02-19-2004, 01:55 PM
That's good news. It's always good to know where the mod friendly dealers are.

-nurb2-

Anonymous
02-19-2004, 02:13 PM
riz...i also have the same problem, would any recommend where i should take my car...would huntington beach replace it under warrenty, or should i go to my dealer which is Thousand oaks?

rizalhoo
02-19-2004, 02:33 PM
i dont know about other dealer though but you can ask them..to check it for you before you leave your car there and make sure it is under warranty. i dont know how far is it from your place to puente hills mitsu dealer, but if u dont mind making the trip all the way there, its worth it IMO since it will save time and hassle on going to some dealer and then find out that they wont do it under warranty and so all

anyhow im not saying and will never say other mitsu dealer sucks or whatsoever since ive no experience with other dealer other than puente hills and browning at cerritos, neither im not promoting anything for puente hills mitsu but just my 2c :)

leaveit2bevo
02-19-2004, 03:20 PM
riz...i also have the same problem, would any recommend where i should take my car...would huntington beach replace it under warrenty, or should i go to my dealer which is Thousand oaks?

Take it to HB mitsu Josh will hook you up for sure.

Rizalhoo why are you spending that much on a oil change from the dealer? the oil on our cars is really easy to change.

WOT
02-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Dont go to thousand oaks. The service rep told me, and i quote " any modifications to your car will void its warranty" when they replaced a faulty boost solenoid.

I forget the reps name.

Go elsewhere.

rizalhoo
02-19-2004, 07:01 PM

Take it to HB mitsu Josh will hook you up for sure.

Rizalhoo why are you spending that much on a oil change from the dealer? the oil on our cars is really easy to change.

they used to charge me like $50++, I dont know why now is $80+ but for sure thats the last time Im going there to have mine change...just bought a couple of filters from them and will try to learn how to change oil by myself

moogle
02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
I can help u riz.
$12 oil filter
$24 syn mobil 1 oil in costco.

36 bucks...

drmosh
02-19-2004, 09:16 PM
I can help u riz.
$12 oil filter

36 bucks...

$12!!! My dealer only charges me 5.25 :D

moogle
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Yah its $12 bucks in autozone/kragen.

EVO_RPM
02-20-2004, 02:04 PM
I can help u riz.
$12 oil filter

36 bucks...

$12!!! My dealer only charges me 5.25 :D

Yeah, i pay 5.25 for mine as well. I only buy mitsu filters

- Rich

rizalhoo
02-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I can help u riz.
$12 oil filter

36 bucks...

thanks a lot for the offer on helping me out. will let u know when my next oil change due. Just bought the oil filter from mitsu $6

moogle
02-20-2004, 07:13 PM
O krap.. $6 bucks that's cheap... is it the mobil1 110 oil filter?

rizalhoo
02-20-2004, 10:15 PM
O krap.. $6 bucks that's cheap... is it the mobil1 110 oil filter?

nah it is filter for our evo from mitsubishi

it says Made In Japan and some "MITSUBISHI" letter written on that..its the same filter when u bring the evo to the mitsu dealer for an oil change

drwn kix
02-21-2004, 10:37 AM
The Riverside Mitsubishi dealer did the same warantee gearbox repair on my modded evo. They machined the flywheel and installed my new Clutchmasters stage III for $140. They didn't get to installing the braided clutch line.

KU7484
02-22-2004, 01:19 AM
I live in Irvine (orange county) and i purchased my car from PUENTE HILLS MITSU. Harry hooked me up with car really good!! And im currently getting it serviced at HB. I GUESS PUENTE HILLS AND HuntingTON BEACH ARE CHILLS!