PDA

View Full Version : are all 3 downpipe the same?

moogle
02-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Reason I ask bcz I saw this for $150 megan racing down pipe "935motorsports" and I am bang for the buck person. So the questions is would it create the same hp as rmr/helix for less price?

robi
02-21-2004, 12:18 AM
short answer NO...every vender has their own twist..some use the stock flex donut some include a different flexjoint some do away with the flex connect altogether...different Stain Steel alloys...etc.. you usually get what you pay for...

NRG
02-21-2004, 02:07 AM
NO, you will not get the same HP as all the other dp........Simply because each manufacturer puts different amount of time in research of FLOW Dynamics.....

ItsStockOfficer
02-21-2004, 02:18 PM
NO, you will not get the same HP as all the other dp........Simply because each manufacturer puts different amount of time in research of FLOW Dynamics.....

You mean....zero? A downpipe has to get from point a to point b. Al vendors get there the say way.

WOT
02-24-2004, 06:35 PM
The megan racing dp looks ok from what posted pics I have seen. So I would expect comparable results. I have seen more bends in other dp's.

Although the pic on megan racing website looks as if the dp necks down before the cat, but 935 motorsports pics dont neck down?

I havent seen or heard on any install comments, etc. The M.R. dp doesnt use the stock donut gasket, thats their reason for the flex bit. So your relying on teh flex joint quality & you'll need a new gasket & bolts just to mate up to the 02 housing.

Who has some in-stock?

Based on pics & numerous negative forums postings, I would buy the MR before the rnr (horrible flange finish on dumpback) or B&B ( bad flanges/ warped...maybe cured from manufacturer by now).

AMS & perrin looks nice IMO.

ItsStockOfficer
02-24-2004, 06:48 PM
The RnR flange problem was a problem with a certain production run of the flanges. RnR no longer uses that manufacturer.

WOT
02-26-2004, 12:06 PM
The pics @ RNR dont reflect their new flanges! still looks like skeeter cut the 02 housing bolt holes out with a gas torch.

QuickShifter
02-26-2004, 01:20 PM
As long as its 3 inch and no crapy bends or flexjoints, you'll see exact horsepower inrcreases equal to others, youd have to get on a dyno to see who got up to 3 more wheel horsepower!!!! 3 to the wheels would be worth the cost of a dynorun!!!!! wouldnt it??????? :roll: :roll:

ItsStockOfficer
02-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I doubt one would consistently make 3 more hp even, any difference would be more then hidden in the run to run variation.

The main parts to worry about when looking in exhuast are if they have more or less bends, more or less weight, and what style muffler.