PDA

View Full Version : Big props to MOPAR!! muscle days are back..

CACalomino
02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Well as most know the american auto makers are finaly looking at the sportcompact market the last two years or so and are delivering cars to compete. But most of the cars have not realy been big hits SVT focus and otheres. BUt the SRT-4 has realy turned some heads from power for the buck. Styling sucks but but look beyond that thow.

Back when the SRT-4 came out before I had my EVO I decided to go check it out just to see all the hype and I was realy suprized that fucker is fast as hell in 90 degree (909) heat and AC on buddy in back and a 270lb sales guy in front it was flying :shock: . Althow I would never buy the car since im not a dragg racer it still left the dealer ship in awwwwww ast to how well the car was put together and for 20K not bad at all by any means.

Well I was sitting on the shitter reading threw my new issure of Sport Comact Car and I come across the SEMA sections showing of all the new stuff coming this year. TItle said new stage for the SRT-4 stage two to be exact. Stage one bieng ECU upgrade and injecotrs for a wopping $300.

Well stage two blew me away!!!! to see a automakers aftermarket come out with this and warranty it just mind bogaling I almost fell off the pot I was in such shock.

Stage TWO cosints of

1.30% bigger injectors
2.Boost up to 20PSI
3. Boost Dial 5 position dial that lets u run full boost all the time, different boost for different gears, or all the way down to 6 psi for low grip conditions.
4. Intercooler sprayer
5. Coolest of all Race gas switch push the button and the ecu switches to maps tuneed for 100 octane unleaded and if your a dumb ass and u run the 100 octane map on street gas the knock sesor sees it and turns on a little dumb ass light and switches back to street map automaticaly

Bottom line is that the muscle car days of the 60's are making a little comeback witch is realy good for us tunners and I just hope more companys do the same thing and it gets real competitive and we the consumer can realy benifit form this

-Chris

leaveit2bevo
02-22-2004, 06:39 PM
ya mopar has some tight ass stuff for the srt-4 it seems like the evo and the sti have poor in house tuner support. The new rx-8 mazda speed parts look amazing as well as nismo steping up with new 350z and 2 new sentra R cars one being the s-tune and one being the r-tune.

GokuSSJ4
02-23-2004, 09:28 AM
for the ECU tuning the Xede is similar to that , allows you to have 2 different maps . example one : for 91 octane and the 2: for 100 octane (track use ) at the switch of a button.
An now with the Xflash it allows you to run different settings on boost at differnt RPM's ..

Absinthe
02-23-2004, 10:45 AM
the point though is opposed to Vishnu which voids your warrenty all of this stuff is factory licensed, in house developed and covered by warrenty.

GokuSSJ4
02-23-2004, 11:06 AM
thats the only thing with imports then domestic . It seems that imports dont have a support from factory to do upgrades having warraty issues , while domestics is not..