PDA

View Full Version : Need new Pads

Absinthe
02-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Looking for PFC, or alternatly Pagid.

Do they make them for the EVO? and before you start with the search comments I did and all I found was crap I dont care about on Carbotech and Ferodo.

Also any one used the Axxis Brembo replacements? Vivid says they ahave them but they arent on thier site? If you have experience or knowledge how close are they they to the Ultimamtes I had in my stoptech BBK?

leaveit2bevo
02-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Im rocking the performance friction 97 race compound and they kick ass.

Absinthe
02-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Do you have the wsit for them to heat up? how loud are they? how much?

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Im just curious, i have not been driving hard at all lately, i have 9100 miles on my evo, but i am not sure when is the appropiate time to change brake pads. When did you guys usually change your stock pads?

rizalhoo
02-23-2004, 12:00 PM
hey bevo, where u get your brake pad and how much ? Thanks

leaveit2bevo
02-23-2004, 08:54 PM
They dont really need to heat up but when they do they start to squeal, when I play the radio I dont hear them. They are 260 for just the fronts kind of expensive I got them from porterfield enterprises in costa mesa.

robi
02-23-2004, 10:20 PM
I think we need to do a group buy on the 97's...they wear better than anyother pad...and though a full race pad one of the most street friendy of this family...

rizalhoo
02-25-2004, 10:55 AM
are Endless Vita Nuova Brake Pads any good? im considering either of getting the Endless Vita Nuova Brake Pads or the Project Mu Brake Pad NS ?

im just looking for a replacement for my stock brake pad for daily use (ok maybe some of the street race thingy but not other than that for now)

i chose them because they are relatively not too expensive. Endless is going for $129.95 each (front and rear, based on z1auto.com) and the project MU cost like $84.99 for front and $74.99 for rear (based on vividracing.com)

so any suggestions/input?

thanks in advance

EDIT:

absinthe: sorry doesnt mean to take over the thread that you've started or anything like that. i was about to start a new thread but i saw too many thread about brake pads and dont wanna start a new thread.

leaveit2bevo
02-25-2004, 10:59 AM
I think the vita nuova is like the crappiest base model the other endless pads are better but arent in the country yet. I have heard good things about the project mu pads.

rizalhoo
02-25-2004, 11:02 AM
i saw z1-performance are selling those endless pads since they are available for sale on their website but dont know if they are in stock or not though.

yup the vita nuova is the crappiest base model for the endless pads but i was thinking that i dont really need those super high performance pads for now since i wont be going to track or anything like that in the near future (until i got some extra $$$ then definately going for track :) )

thanks bevo for the input. :)

QuickShifter
02-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Im just curious, i have not been driving hard at all lately, i have 9100 miles on my evo, but i am not sure when is the appropiate time to change brake pads. When did you guys usually change your stock pads?

Just look where the caliper meets the rotor and you'll see the pad, if youve ever seen a new pad you'll know if your running low

Absinthe
02-25-2004, 12:56 PM
are Endless Vita Nuova Brake Pads any good? im considering either of getting the Endless Vita Nuova Brake Pads or the Project Mu Brake Pad NS ?

im just looking for a replacement for my stock brake pad for daily use (ok maybe some of the street race thingy but not other than that for now)

i chose them because they are relatively not too expensive. Endless is going for $129.95 each (front and rear, based on z1auto.com) and the project MU cost like $84.99 for front and $74.99 for rear (based on vividracing.com)

so any suggestions/input?

thanks in advance

EDIT:

absinthe: sorry doesnt mean to take over the thread that you've started or anything like that. i was about to start a new thread but i saw too many thread about brake pads and dont wanna start a new thread.

thats cool if the project MU pads are soo cheap i might move on them.

rizalhoo
02-25-2004, 01:02 PM
yup, thats what i got from vividracing.com and since vividracing is one of the supporting vendor for socal evo, maybe even more discount? :D lol

Pops
02-27-2004, 06:07 PM

Your front brakes will go first. If you haven't been driving hard, you should get a lot more than 10,000 miles.

Peak in at the pads through the wheels and look to see how much pad is left. You can take it down to sm mitsubishi and Ed can show you where. I think you need to be concerned when there is less than 1/4 of an inch left.
Eli at the shell station can help you too. He's worked on a few Evos.

Back to the subject; Ferodo pads had the best stopping distance in the Car and Driver Superfour challenge on the Vishnu Evo last year. Results at car and driver web site.