PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My Car... But...

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone, I just got my car and I'm loving it. :D But I need some advice. I notice my rear bumper is two shade dark then the whole car. :? My car color is Weightless White. Also, my headlight housing is scratch up from sitting in the show room.

Anyway, I took it back to the dealership yesterday to show it to them. They didn't give me the time or effort even to look at it. I just spend 30k on a car and they treat me like crap. WTF :evil: , so what should I do? :?: I got my car at South Coast Mitsubishi.

I need some advice....

Takashi
02-23-2004, 11:34 AM
that's b/s... sounds like typical mitsu 'customer service'...
anyhow, what was their excuse for not inspecting the car and not responding to your concerns??? i'd ask to speak with the sales manager or someone as high up on the totem pole as possible.
greg

prosailortim
02-23-2004, 11:38 AM
First mistake was buying it at South Coast Mitsubishi. Take it to Huntington Beach Mitsubishi and speak with Josh or Doug the Service managers.

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 11:39 AM
They told me, I should of taken a closer look at it before buying it. Since I've already drove it off the lot, it's not there problem anymore. This is from the Sales Guy that sold it to me.

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 11:45 AM
yeah most dealers are assholes about these kind of issues, they dont want to go through the hassle of helping their customers.

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 11:46 AM
So, I'm pretty much Shit Out Of Luck...

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 11:47 AM
no no, go the HB mitsubishi and speak with Josh, he will hook you up

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 11:47 AM
I'll take it over to Hunington Beach. Thanks.

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks Everyone for the FAST Respond.

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 11:54 AM
no problemo

ReHeat
02-23-2004, 12:00 PM
How many miles was there on the car when you got it? I think something might have happened to your car. Sounds like they repainted your rear bumper, also the headlight doesn't just get "scratch up from sitting in the show room". Check for any damages around and under the car.

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 12:35 PM
It only had 14 miles on it when I bought it. And the Headlight, it's look like some pairs of keys scratch it (when someone has there keys in the pants).

I'll go check under the car during my lunch time.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
02-23-2004, 02:12 PM
if the HB mitsu dealer doesnt work out...let me know cuz i work at the mitsubishi in el monte.

QuickShifter
02-23-2004, 02:45 PM
It only had 14 miles on it when I bought it. And the Headlight, it's look like some pairs of keys scratch it (when someone has there keys in the pants).

I'll go check under the car during my lunch time.

Sounds like enough time for the fag that opens the door at mitsu to take it for a test drive, shit in his pants, and in the process of cleaning it hitting something and slamming on his brakes, then getting rear ended, thus the bumper is 2 shades darker than the car and the headlights are fucked up :?: :?: :?: :idea: :!: :!: :!: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 02:50 PM
id go back and complain, and ask for supervisors and people who are higher then the sells manager and get their asses in court. There is a number to contact Mitsubishi HQ in cypress, i had it here somewhere, basicly mann, just fight for your evo rights.

Dr. Evo
02-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Coincidentally, we had a white Galant in here today with both the right side doors off-color. No accidents/repaints. Here is the number to Mits. customer service if you cannot find any other help:
1 (800) 222-0037. It most likely was a paint error from the factory, if you don't find any overspray evidence from a repaint.

Dr. Evo
02-23-2004, 03:57 PM
BTW--Paint discoloration carries a 3/36 warranty. Any deale can warranty that if the f'ed up one you bought it from won't.

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 04:09 PM
I know I should go back there and bitch about it, but it's not worth my time and effort. Once I get a survey thing, I will give them the worse score possible.

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 04:11 PM
if the HB mitsu dealer doesnt work out...let me know cuz i work at the mitsubishi in el monte.

If Huntington Beach Mitsubishi can't help me out, I'll will head out there. Thanks for the offer and help... :D

Wind Racer
02-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Coincidentally, we had a white Galant in here today with both the right side doors off-color. No accidents/repaints. Here is the number to Mits. customer service if you cannot find any other help:
1 (800) 222-0037. It most likely was a paint error from the factory, if you don't find any overspray evidence from a repaint.

Thanks Dr. Evo for the HQ Number...

Takashi
02-23-2004, 04:25 PM
BTW--Paint discoloration carries a 3/36 warranty. Any deale can warranty that if the f'ed up one you bought it from won't.

see that's the kinda stuff that pisses me off... you go in to the dealership about paint problems and they dont do anything, EVEN THOUGH it's clearly under warranty (oh and i retract my earlier statement about mitsu customer service.... i know some are worse than others, which is why if i get an evo, i will be going through hb definately)

well, good luck, let us know what happens...

GOOSE_Ej
10-27-2005, 08:53 PM
YOU ARE BEING THE DUMB ASS..FOR NOT INSPECTING THE CAR...HAHAHAH.

some stupid comment coming from someone with 3 post.. :idiot2:

genrec
10-27-2005, 09:11 PM

some stupid comment coming from someone with 3 post.. :idiot2:

no shit and this post is over a year old....... :uglystupid2:

qsjoeygst
10-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Funny that happened to me too at south coast when i bought my 05 last month :tickedoff:. Except it had marks on the hood above the vent. I got this problem resolved by talking to the sales manager and he said he would fix it for me by buffing it out for me. You should try it if not go to huntington beach.

digitalxdna
10-28-2005, 12:56 AM

[email protected] = allen chhou = "sales manager" @ long beach mitsu.

feel free to let him know how you feel.

gh0stch1ld
10-28-2005, 01:55 AM

This may be off topic. Would installing a turbo timer void the whole warranty on the evo? Been wanting to ask someone that works at a Mitsu

Coolguy949
10-28-2005, 03:24 AM
That guy is actually a Soth Coast Mitsubishi employee. If you look at his latest posts they are all on the subject of SC Mitsu. Banned.

Macky
10-28-2005, 07:51 AM
wow sc mitsu must pay people to be on this forum.

digitalxdna
10-28-2005, 09:22 AM
wow sc mitsu must pay people to be on this forum.

if those people @ SC mitsu weren't such a**holes, they wouldn't have to be paid to be on this forum.

Evolution.VIII
10-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I wonder how many hoops I'll have to jump through for the spot on my wing. It really annoys me because it looks dirty in this one area but its the clear coat thats all discolored.

Anybody had issues with this?

Macky
10-28-2005, 09:53 AM
this has been a reoccurring issue. its a warranty case and they cant give you crap for it.

silvery_eagle
10-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Macky,
kinda weird but my 05's starting to show sign of clear coat issue now :(
it appear to me that there's one small spot that has thinner coat than everywhere else and that's the area where the ugly crack starts.
it's really just starting to get yellowish even though i wax it every week :(
should i bring it to the deal for this or should i wait until the affected area got bigger?

Macky
10-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Macky,
kinda weird but my 05's starting to show sign of clear coat issue now :(
it appear to me that there's one small spot that has thinner coat than everywhere else and that's the area where the ugly crack starts.
it's really just starting to get yellowish even though i wax it every week :(
should i bring it to the deal for this or should i wait until the affected area got bigger?

just bring that to the dealer. you can either wait for it to go bad or do it now. either way you are safe and can get that under warranty. if i can, ill even try to be there to check it out for you.

atlvalet
10-29-2005, 03:09 AM
South Coast must think they're real funny. I think I'm real funny, especially since I go out of my way to tell anyone NEVER go to SC :mitsu:. How's that for word of mouth advertising?