PDA

View Full Version : evom.net... what's going on?

Takashi
02-24-2004, 12:45 PM
is it me, or is there less traffic there now?
greg

rizalhoo
02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
i think they just upgrade their system to like 2.0 or something like that im not sure but yeah they're upgrading it so the site aint slow anymore...

thats what i know though.. :)

leaveit2bevo
02-24-2004, 02:31 PM
maybe less people are going because you cant ask a question without being flammed by a bunch of keyboard jockeys who dont drive their evos.

rizalhoo
02-24-2004, 04:55 PM
not forgetting peeps are getting ban here and there

mprtklr
02-24-2004, 07:15 PM
and i dont post much, cause i get bashed regardless of what i say.

Coolguy949
02-24-2004, 07:25 PM
I talk to mark (kk) pretty frequently over email. There's no dount there's a lot of "politics" going on over there. The slow down in the site may be also because the servers once again our overloaded. evolutionm is moving to a two server setup that will be located in LA instead of north texas so we CA people will have nice fast web page response.

Personally I dont read evolutionm.net that much at all. There's so much going on over here that i've forgotten that evom still exists. This is not to say evom is boring or anything, if any of you guys know me you know how busy I am and I barely have enough time to keep up with this board!

Rob

GokuSSJ4
02-24-2004, 10:04 PM
since Socal started , and has more traffic then ever i dont even post in evom anymore ...

Howie
02-24-2004, 10:36 PM
i check this site first... and if i have time, i check evom. there's lots of good info there... just gotta sort through all the other crap.

leaveit2bevo
02-25-2004, 12:07 AM
i check this site first... and if i have time, i check evom. there's lots of good info there... just gotta sort through all the other crap.

I do the same, there used to be good info on evom but lately it just seems like a lot of shit. I wish we could get all the knowledgeable(lol sp?)evom people over here.

turbonawd
02-25-2004, 12:48 AM
:shock:

ecuador!!

Ricardon
02-25-2004, 01:15 AM
:shock:

ecuador!!

OMG he speaks!!!

Yeah, I still visit evom, but stopped posting there when pretty much every post I made was getting flamed by a certain member who we banned here, and has been banned several times over there

gt40
02-25-2004, 01:20 AM
damn that would be a certain former member who looks awfully like your avatar?!!!

Secret Chimp
02-26-2004, 03:20 PM
The traffic is actually up at evom. The current hardware can barely take it. We set a new site record of almost 700 visitors viewing the site simultaneously a week or so ago. nice..

The level of crap is getting thinner by the day. We have banned a few of the trouble makers. We are editing out non-tech posts in the tech forums wherever we can. We are looking to rid the place of the others. But there is due process involved since we don't usually just toss people because we don't like em.

We brought on a few addtl Moderators who have varied Vendor opinions so we couldn't easily be accused of playing favorites.

But we have to keep in mind that evom currently has about 20,000 registered members. So if there is one trouble maker per 1000 registered members, evom has 20 trouble makers to deal with at any given time. Socal Evo statistically might not see trouble maker #1 till a few hundred more individuals sign up. That likely plays a huge part in why this sites seems 'friendlier' right now.

SC~ who likes BOTH sites. :)