PDA

View Full Version : The new IX I think ill stick with the 8

leaveit2bevo
02-26-2004, 07:52 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67185

I dont have a gallery or I would host the pic.

mprtklr
02-26-2004, 07:56 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=771556

yup, it looks like an EVO collided head on with a RalliART. now its...cute...

also maybe its just the pic, but it looks like the bolstered fenders are gone...thats a trademark.

Anonymous
02-26-2004, 07:58 PM
looks gay.....

leaveit2bevo
02-26-2004, 08:39 PM
I hate the license plate in the trunk looks gay

SolarXclipse
02-26-2004, 09:33 PM
:shock: Yuck, that front and back end looks like a Ralliart Lancer.:lol: Just can't help it but :lol: If the EvoIX does comes here, I will still keep and love my EvoVIII as long as I can. :wink:

kaisho99
02-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I was afraid they were gonna do that with the damn headlights. :x Grrr.

Anonymous
02-26-2004, 09:50 PM
i wouldnt spend no shizzle for that shit, anyways whats the biggy vs the 8? Id get the MR if i had the chance to

mprtklr
02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
you know its funny when you know your out of the generation by the words being used... so i give up, what the hell does "shizzle" mean??

Anonymous
02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
my slang for cash, money, greens, bread, etc

alfredob1
02-26-2004, 10:33 PM
my slang for cash, money, greens, bread, etc

I thought it meant "sure".

wtfitsjames
02-26-2004, 10:57 PM
sick....looks like a regular prancer...and some ford focus heads....SICK...i better get a damn 8 soon

GokuSSJ4
02-27-2004, 01:17 AM
it looks ok , glad that i have mine ...

blurr
02-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Isn't shizzle "shit" with the Snoop Dog izzle word twist?

so that last sentence would be..

"Isnizzle shizzlizzl "shizzle" with the Snoop Dog izzle word twisizzle"

alfredob1
02-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Check this (http://www.asksnoop.com/) out.

And to stay on topic. Evos were evolutions of base model lancers right. So this was enevitable. I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the "flesh".

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 09:18 AM
lol

mprtklr
02-27-2004, 09:19 AM
sick....looks like a regular prancer...and some ford focus heads....SICK...i better get a damn 8 soon

so was that sick "good" or sick "disgusting"

dont forget i be actin a foo.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
02-27-2004, 10:59 AM
as far as im concerned...i think its nasty...looks like a new civic with an intercooler from the front...and i HATE civics. im glad i got my VIII, thats all i gotta say.

GokuSSJ4
02-27-2004, 12:21 PM
is not that bad , also it requires some time getting use too ..

apexstrafer
02-27-2004, 12:26 PM
keep in mind, that's just a random artist's impression. did you all see the drawings of the 8 before it came out? they were hideous...

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 12:38 PM
all i know is im going to trade my evo 8 or the evo 8 MR when it ends up in the U.S., the reason why is because it weights lighter, and handles alot better....

apexstrafer
02-27-2004, 01:59 PM
all i know is im going to trade my evo 8 or the evo 8 MR when it ends up in the U.S., the reason why is because it weights lighter, and handles alot better....

we'll probably never get the MR, and besides, your car with a few mods will be better than an MR anyway...

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 02:03 PM
true, i hate how america sux with cars, i wished i was born in europe or japan, lol

TrickedOutEVOVIII
02-27-2004, 02:06 PM
true, i hate how america sux with cars, i wished i was born in europe or japan, lol

yo malibu...i see you've changed ur preference of BOV from turboxs to HKS ssqv...after all that shit talk on the ssqv...im wondering why the change???

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 02:14 PM
I found out some SSQV's have problems, most of the people who get this unit dont buy the recirc kit, and also the person who is supplying the recirc kit made this custom tube that connects to the dump hose for the recirc kit, and he says its 100% perfect fitting with the custom tube.....im going to be testing the SSQV at meet 9 without the recirc kit, then with the recirc kit on, the problem with the TurboXS rfl is that i hate how it keeps the Turbo spooling, and wastes the shit out of my gas.....so we'll see mann..im hoping i dont find any fluttering =/

mprtklr
02-27-2004, 02:15 PM

no one is keeping you here, if you feel that you shouldnt be american, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM
take it easy mprtklr lol...but yeah malibu...im runnin the HKS ssqv VTA and i luv it...personally i luv that fluttering sound when you shift on low boost...but otherwise ive had no problems with it...ive got the recirc kit but i havent installed it

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM

no one is keeping you here, if you feel that you shouldnt be american, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out...

and what is your point?

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 02:20 PM
take it easy mprtklr lol...but yeah malibu...im runnin the HKS ssqv VTA and i luv it...personally i luv that fluttering sound when you shift on low boost...but otherwise ive had no problems with it...ive got the recirc kit but i havent installed it

see im not looking forward to VTA, and did you get the recirc kit from socalevo or internet? cuz i herd it does not fit perfect, so thats why the person im gettin it off from made this custom raditor hose like tube that connects the recirc kit to the dump hose, the recirc kit itself is smaller size then the dump opening hose......so we'll see i hope its good

TrickedOutEVOVIII
02-27-2004, 02:24 PM
yeah i bought that hose that fits on the eclipse...they said its supposed to work on our car...but like i said i havent installed it yet...just by eyeballin it it looks like itll fit fine onto the dumb hose. but let me know how it works out bro

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 02:28 PM
yeah i bought that hose that fits on the eclipse...they said its supposed to work on our car...but like i said i havent installed it yet...just by eyeballin it it looks like itll fit fine onto the dumb hose. but let me know how it works out bro

well if your coming to meet 9 then you'll be there to see how it works with the recirc

Chris in SD
02-27-2004, 03:29 PM
All HKS SSQVs flutter. That's just the way they are. If you got a chance to see some of the JGTC races on speed, you'll hear them fluttering all over the place. I just don't care that much about the BOV sound and the stock one works fine.

mprtklr
02-27-2004, 04:45 PM
ya what he said, even at 22psi, i never had a problem with leakage. and the only reason i got a new one is becuase it came with my upper pipe.

moogle
02-27-2004, 08:17 PM
WOW talk about out of topic.

I think the side lines looks good going back, but the front and back is just ugly. I also dislike how they put the plate where the BEAUTIFUL UK BADGE suppose to be.

SHIZLE means "sure" br0 not cash, but if that's ur lingo I don't know. FO SHIZLE MY NIZLE.

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 08:23 PM
i know, but thats my lingo br0 , there is no correct term for shizzle, or shizzet, or nizzle, etc.........

mprtklr
02-27-2004, 08:30 PM
the "official" meaning..:)

"I concur, my african american friend

Fo shizzle my nizzle"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shizzle&f=1

Ricardon
02-29-2004, 03:56 AM
I know I'm going to get shot for saying this, but the more I look at it the more I like it. When I first saw the pic I hated it, but like apexstrafer said, we ALL hated the way the 8 looked in the first press releases. Remember that the reason the raliart looks so weak is that the front end doesn't sit as low, and it looks like the front is lifted. The EVO bumper will most likely have a lower-sitting lip, like comparing the 8 to a regular '03 lancer.

Chris in SD
02-29-2004, 08:07 AM
It still looks heinous. And the Ralliart look is probably correct - a couple of the JDM mags showed their impression of the Evo 9 and it looks like the one in MT (but with fogs, like an Evo 5). I know the technology (except in the US) has been greater every evolution, but if I had a choice, I'd get an Evo VI GSR or TME. I think it looks the best and has great pedigree. I don't think I'll ever be disappointed in owning an Evo VIII. Think of it this way: Today, a lot of people are impressed by a large stable of '60s muscle cars. In 30 years, it will be the same if you have a large stable of '00s JDM beasts. So my garage with an '03 Evo VIII, '08 GT-R, etc. will be the "shiznit". :lol:

AD_LIB
03-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Looks like the only thing they even changed was the headlights...harldy even a update

The Emperor
03-02-2004, 09:48 AM
i like it. i'll be kinda pissed if they threw in ACD and/or AYC.

mprtklr
03-02-2004, 10:20 AM
and they confirmned the addition of a 6 speed in the article and the possibility of a mechanical Active Differential. im sure defined as mking power adjustments based on local input as opposed to a computer making them based of sensors.

ItsStockOfficer
03-02-2004, 12:15 PM

The fluttering of it alternately opening and shoving air back into your compressor? Certainly does sound cool...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-02-2004, 12:18 PM
yup...its bad ass bro...i was thinking of getting a greddy type s or a turboxs rfl...but i dont know how they sound on the EVO so im not sure

ItsStockOfficer
03-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I was being sarcastic by pointing out every time you hear that flutter its the sound of someone hitting your turbo with a hammer.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-03-2004, 12:55 AM
are you serious?

moogle
03-03-2004, 02:19 PM
the RFL on the evo sounds mean! !!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
03-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Im bringing the RFL on Sunday at meet 9, you guys can see what its like on BOVBILLY's car......If I decide his BOV he's trading for mine is good then imma get it, but if not then im selling my RFL for 170 flat with the EVO kit which fits perfectly on the EVO.....for sure it sounds BAD ASS....adjustable spring, everything, it holds 25 psi...anyways here is the pics of my RFL

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product_image.php?imageid=22