PDA

View Full Version : best boost control???

han74j
03-01-2004, 02:24 AM
im looking into boost controls, eletric of course, but not sure what to get there r so many of them out there. any one have them? or know a good one to get? i want that extra HP thats been hidden under my hood =0)

rizalhoo
03-01-2004, 02:29 AM
I vote for HKS EVC. anyhow got 1 HKS EVC brand new for sale at $540,if you wanna pick it up its fine by me since hacienda is so close from my place, I can even drop it by at your place if you wish :)

ItsStockOfficer
03-01-2004, 07:20 AM
I like profec's...any reason you're avoiding mechanical?

GokuSSJ4
03-01-2004, 12:52 PM
has anyone check out the Blitz II EBC ?? or have any experiences with it ?

han74j
03-01-2004, 01:31 PM
mechanical is good if u dont mess with ur boost control a lot!! the electrial is better because u can adjust teh boost very easliy!!!! like while driving someone wants to race, raise ur boost by a little or u r just driving from school to work lower ur boost stuff like that. if u just want 1 setting for ur boost control get machanical!! but if u want to not have to go though opening up ur hood and adjusting ur boost control every time u wnat to raise or lower ur boost then go with eletronic. heres a link that will explain a lot better than i can!

http://features.evolutionm.net/article/machvcorner/30

ItsStockOfficer
03-01-2004, 02:03 PM
mechanical is good if u dont mess with ur boost control a lot!! the electrial is better because u can adjust teh boost very easliy!!!! like while driving someone wants to race, raise ur boost by a little or u r just driving from school to work lower ur boost stuff like that. if u just want 1 setting for ur boost control get machanical!! but if u want to not have to go though opening up ur hood and adjusting ur boost control every time u wnat to raise or lower ur boost then go with eletronic. heres a link that will explain a lot better than i can!

http://features.evolutionm.net/article/machvcorner/30

Oh, I know all that, but the point is that there is never any reason to lower your boost on the street, You run as much as possible safely. Going up is stupid, going down is pointless.

evod
03-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Going up is stupid, going down is pointless.

i would have to disagree with that. i run a lower boost level on road courses than i do when i drag because the stress levels on a car on a road course are much higher(due to longer intervals) than while drag racing. various boost levels may be safe, however running a certain "safe" boost level for extended periods of time will tend to cause more possible damage...which is what i choose to prevent. while drag racing...you're boosting for more or less 11-14seconds at a time...then the car can cool down and rest. however boosting for 20-40min sessions on a road course puts much more stress when you're pushing the vehicle at its limits. of course...this my opinion =) i choose to run about 1.5kg/cm boost on drag...and 1.3 while road racing...both dropping about 0.1kg/cm between peak and 6500+rpm figures...

ItsStockOfficer
03-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Going up is stupid, going down is pointless.

i would have to disagree with that. i run a lower boost level on road courses than i do when i drag because the stress levels on a car on a road course are much higher(due to longer intervals) than while drag racing. various boost levels may be safe, however running a certain "safe" boost level for extended periods of time will tend to cause more possible damage...which is what i choose to prevent. while drag racing...you're boosting for more or less 11-14seconds at a time...then the car can cool down and rest. however boosting for 20-40min sessions on a road course puts much more stress when you're pushing the vehicle at its limits. of course...this my opinion =) i choose to run about 1.5kg/cm boost on drag...and 1.3 while road racing...both dropping about 0.1kg/cm between peak and 6500+rpm figures...

Oh, I change for race days too. I just mean that I don't change on the street, or so often that turning a knob is a burden.

evod
03-01-2004, 08:46 PM
itsstockofficer, yeap =) that's how i've got it. for the street...just set it and let it go... that's why i chose to have a boost controller with optional settings. one for normal street driving/roadrace setup, one for drag racing(where i can up the boost just slightly). the older model blitz(dunno if the new one is like that) has like 4 different settings..my bro used to run for street, drag, drag-high octane, roadrace. thought that was cool.....but...blah... i'm happy =) and i paid less than half...haha

robi
03-01-2004, 09:59 PM
I run higher boost at the road course (23) but I use the octane 110 and BR BFFMIC to keep things (like intake temps) under control. I have never been able to run more than 18 psi on 91 with out the car pulling timing (and then making less power and more heat) so all match my halmann $75.00 MBC at either 18 on 91 or 23 on 110 to 25 on 118.. against any electronic...But I'm very old school...

GokuSSJ4
03-01-2004, 10:07 PM
yeah i see lol , i like the EBC . not saying is better then the other one . just prefer it IMO

robi
03-01-2004, 10:10 PM
"You got the cash you get the flash"

GokuSSJ4
03-01-2004, 10:17 PM
lol not really i work hard for my money , and save up for my mods .. Its just i have been on the pass were i get an item cause is cheap and then end up spending the money to get what i originally wanted . Spending more to begin with

robi
03-01-2004, 10:31 PM
yeah I got this cheesy ass $10.00 filter for my cam cover breather and misted oil over the engine for the next 14K miles till I got a catch can..Damn I could have used that ten for race gas"

ItsStockOfficer
03-02-2004, 12:12 PM
yeah I got this cheesy ass $10.00 filter for my cam cover breather and misted oil over the engine for the next 14K miles till I got a catch can..Damn I could have used that ten for race gas"

Your shits bling, my valve cover breather drains into a empty quart of oil container!