PDA

View Full Version : I think my rotors are warped but not sure------->

leaveit2bevo
03-04-2004, 02:16 PM
I think my rotors might be warped, when I brake everything is cool but right before the car comes to a complete stop I get a loud grinding noise and vibration of the pedal. It dosent do it all the time though only seems to happen when everything is heated up. I know its not my new pads because it used to do it on my old pads for a month before I changed them.

evod
03-04-2004, 02:21 PM
if your rotors are warped...it won't be a vibration u'd feel but a pulsation(the car will feel like someons is stepping on the pedal, letting go, stepping again, letting go again pretty quickly). if u press, release, press, release the pedal really fast...that's what a warped rotor would feel like. loud grinding noise and vibrations of the pedal sound like there might be an issue with the pad to rotor surface. if u have the time or convenience, just take a wheel off and take a look around the rotor front and back for abnormal wear. check the brake pads too. enjoy =)

leaveit2bevo
03-04-2004, 02:25 PM
thanks I didnt change my rear pads but the grinding sounds like its coming from the from, I know when they had my wheels of a RRE my rear rotors were worn down they had a nice grove.

evod
03-04-2004, 02:43 PM
bevo, i've heard a lot about out brake systems developing this groove after extensive wear...i'm slightly getting one on my car but at this point its still normal wear. a groove can be cause by quite a few things(such as a rock stuck on the brake pad). might want to just pull the brakes apart really quick and examine the pads all around, as well as the rotors... u can do a search on the groove issue on evolutionm.net....quite a few complaints if i remember correctly

leaveit2bevo
03-04-2004, 02:59 PM
hmmm interesting ill check that out, but the wear of the rear rotors is in the same shape as the pad its not obnormal where but the fronts dont look like they have a groove.

Coolguy949
03-04-2004, 09:36 PM
You sure it isnt ABS being triggered?

leaveit2bevo
03-05-2004, 12:27 AM
no Im not breaking enough for abs, Mr.evo said he'd take a look at it on sunday.