PDA

View Full Version : nology spark plug wires installed.... but fucked!!!!

han74j
03-04-2004, 06:53 PM
I installed my nology spark plug wires today...installed correctly but when I press the gas, while in nuetral, my car has a faster response

while driving and slowly accelerating the car is fine up to 7000 rpm.

but when I floored it, @ 5000 rpm my car slows down and can hear a wooon wooon wooon noise. the car slows down in terms of accelerating, hum.... anyone else have nology spark plug wires? or any other spark plug wires?? have any problems with it? i thoguht i was my ground wires, so i took it off, but its still the same shit.... i double checked if i press the spark plug wires down enough and i did. !

please HELP

Dr. Evo
03-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Put your stock wires back on to verify the problem is from the Nology's andnot just a coincidence.

ReHeat
03-04-2004, 07:42 PM
I have the Ralliart spark plug wires, over 20K miles no problem. Do what Dr. Evo suggested above.

han74j
03-04-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah i put the stocks back on and its fine now.... gerererer fucking gay the wires were like 170 fucking waste of money!!

DocMortal
03-05-2004, 02:54 AM
I use Magnecores and work great...Think there the best wires you can buy ,but thats just my opinion :)

han74j
03-05-2004, 03:41 AM
hey docmortal how many wires did it come with? 2?

damn spark plug wires r shit..... ground wires sux too eah suxxxxx

DocMortal
03-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Yeah 2,I was surprised at that since it was 90 bucks...NoLogy is a rip,magnecores been around a long time.

Anyways honestly the car has good wires already,tested up to 500 hp stock with no ignition issues at RRE, I was getting the PO300 code alot and thought maybe it was the wires and sparkplugs,needless to say I replaced both and still get the po300 code believe its gas related anyways found out later its a common problem with out cars..

evod
03-05-2004, 11:51 AM
hey guys...jus a quick note...han didn't mention this. the nology wire set actually removes the coils off the spark plugs and places them behind the valve cover near the intake manifold. from that...4 wires(2 from each coil) run ot the spark plug individually. its not the typical wire kit you see like the ralliart where they only replace the stock wires...but keep everything else the same. this kit actually moves the coils away from the stock positions. in technical sense...this shouldn't make much of a difference. nology's kit requires that you mount the coils separately because their setup requires that each spark plug have their built in capacitor. the only way to do this is to run a wire on each plug....which is why they move stuff. whether or not their capacitors work in the first place(especially in forced induction applications) have been an issue of discussion for many years now...but i hear very little of positive results from going to their setup. many people running dsm stuff know that the stock ignition on these engines are one of the best out there..coming only second to the likes of a SR20DET. the way nology designed their setup shouldn't have THAT much effect on the ignition as what han experienced if they didn't run their capacitors...but when i used to run my alltrac i had many of my friends have the same experience running the nology "hot-wires w/ capacitors) have the same problem/issue....extreme missing when under heavy loads.

in response to those of you using magnecores...i really believe there isn't much of a better wire than those. but yea...somebody at nology has been slackin off apparently... if anyone else has any experience running these...please let us know.

han74j
03-05-2004, 09:47 PM
dave is very right in every word!!

the problem that i found out today from nology was that they gave me the wrong FUCKING SPARK PLUGSSASSSSSSs....

yeah i been running that shit for over a week now.... dont know if there will be any negative effects on it.......

and the set up its kinda a waste i think im getting a full refund on everything........

should u get this set up??? i would say NO. unless they r willing to sponser u, other than that why waste 160 to 190 to get this when u can get a cat delete, intake, almost a dp??? =0) well good luck guys!!

Blak94GSX
03-07-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm sure you guys will figure this out for yourselves soon enough, but Nology wires are total crap for CD type systems like many modern cars. The Nology wires are bad for a variety of reasons, but the main problems are the boots are cheaply made and don't live long, they cause a lot of electrical noise unless you use the ground wires they come with, and they have a lot of resistance and capacitance. They try to market the wires as being decent by charging twice as much money for them since some people think more expensive must be better somehow.

The stock wires are actually pretty decent. Should last a long time and handle 25PSI of boost before leaking.

The Magnecores are good for aftermarket wires if you must upgrade.

han74j
03-07-2004, 10:42 PM
where can u get the Ralliart Spark Plug wires??? i saw someones today i want that shit??? vividracing sell them?? any ideas guys?

ReHeat
03-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Lots of places have them, RB Motoring, Vividracing, Z1auto... just to name a few.

han74j
03-08-2004, 01:34 AM
thx