PDA

View Full Version : this is funny....kinda embarrasing...

mprtklr
03-07-2004, 10:04 PM
First of all thanks rob for the springs for my other car, appreciate it again...

ok the embarrasing part....it took me 14 hours to install springs on my other car.....as long as i have been working on cars, i have never heard of something so rediculous!!! which is why i couldnt make it to the meet. every single thing that could go wrong...did. from stripped bolts, to E-brake cables in the way. literally from 11 am to 1 am....

anybody got any 10 hour intake installs needed?

Secret Chimp
03-09-2004, 12:38 PM
You've never tried working on antique cars have you? huhu

My Mini turbo project is just rife with rusted, frozen bolts and bodged British repairs.

...which is why I didn't make it to the meet either.

evod
03-09-2004, 01:25 PM
14hrs? stripped bolts? the ebrake cable issue can be taken care of by just pulling the entire caliper assembly off the hub, then just setting it aside. now...what bolts did you strip? and a more important question...what brand of tools are you using?

mprtklr
03-09-2004, 02:07 PM
we pulled the caliper off, the problem is that on my cobra, the lower bolt for the caliper is BEHIND the ebrake assembly. so you have to pull off the ebrake assembly BEFORE you can get to the calipers. furthermore, the sway links obviously spin in place, and you have to use a channellock to hold the indentation to unbolt it, it was just a pain in the ass :)

evod
03-09-2004, 02:10 PM
impact tools make all the difference =D hehe...but yea...sorry..i thought u were talking about on ur evo. anyways...enjoy =)

mprtklr
03-09-2004, 03:12 PM
ya impact tools would have been great, but my compressor developed a leak as i went to use it to crank down the spring compressor.....