PDA

View Full Version : tough driving manual with flip flops...

KU7484
03-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Since today was pretty warm, decided to wear sandels. I realized it is kinda sketchy driving with them on! Like the amount of force i would press the accelerator with shoes on won't do anything with my sandels. I almost stahled twice.

Kind of a retarded post... but yah is anyone experiencing the same thing, or am i just a newb at driving stick..

drmosh
03-08-2004, 10:41 PM
hmm... I drive with sandals about 30% of the time. Mostly when I'm not working.

leaveit2bevo
03-09-2004, 12:37 AM
ya try just socks its fucking impossible

Howie
03-09-2004, 12:48 AM
yup... can't drive worth shit in sandals. has the bottom heel of your left sandal ever gotten caught when you are trying to release the clutch? happens to me once in a while. haha.. pretty n00b.

rizalhoo
03-09-2004, 01:37 AM
LOL

my friend go into accident coz his sandal got slipped below the brake and couldnt stop at the red light and hit the car in front of him hahahahah thats so funny; maybe its not for him though...still funny by the way :p

Takashi
03-09-2004, 02:05 AM
i dont know... knock on wood, i've had no problems driving with sandals. i actually like it!

Knower
03-09-2004, 11:58 AM
ya try just socks its fucking impossible

I kick my shoes/sandals/whatever off every time I drive any car. Socks are great. I have much finer control without bulky footwear in the way. Notice that race drivers have special driving shoes that are practically thick socks with a little friction material on the bottom.

leaveit2bevo
03-09-2004, 12:42 PM
how do you do that? my heal slides on the floor and I let the clutch up to fast.

Coolguy949
03-10-2004, 08:51 AM
hmm... I drive with sandals about 30% of the time. Mostly when I'm not working.

Wait, you work?? :lol:

GokuSSJ4
03-10-2004, 09:48 AM
i have no problem on sandles , but driving just with socks is a bit different :?

Knower
03-10-2004, 02:02 PM
how do you do that? my heal slides on the floor and I let the clutch up to fast.

I don't know. My heel usually doesn't slide. I just set it on the floor as I work the clutch pedal. Actually, now that I think of it, it must slide at least a little bit to get the pedal through it's full throw. I do know that with shoes, it's just too damn hard because they catch on all the wrong places (on carpet, on other pedals, on the interior trim of my car, etc...). I think this might have a lot to do with the differences between my DSM and the Evo. I do drive any car without shoes, though. heh.

mr. evo
03-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Bevo... It takes some streangth and getting use to, but if you lift your heals off the ground and just use the balls of your feet , it works wonders. Just like Knower said about having finer control, it is so true. It does take a lot of getting use to though. By the way, I drive with only socks on most of the time as well, and love it.

KU7484
03-10-2004, 07:24 PM
well been driving with sandels the last 3 or 4 days... and im pretty much used to it. I have more control with the pedals with shoes on... but yah. JUST TOOK TIME!

perversity
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
My feet are so small I can't get my heal on the floor when operating the clutch. It used to drive my driving instructor mad. However, I've go 13k on my stock clutch, so it must be good for something. As far as driving in sandals goes, my Teva's have straps on the heals, so no problems for me!

joebenz
03-18-2004, 05:19 PM
you're just a nub :p

but nah...when i first starting driving with flip flops i thought it felt weird too. but after a few times driving, it's pretty much normal