PDA

View Full Version : Walboro 255 install

perversity
03-11-2004, 10:58 AM
OK, so I decided to jump on the band wagon and install a Walboro 255lph pump yesterday. I did this to ensure that I would not run into a situation where the car was starved for fuel.

The installation was really easy. However I didn't document it because it was 6:30 am and I was doing it on my own.

If anyone else want's the pump installed I would be happy to lend a hand and document at the same time.

Anyways, more importantly, once you install the pump the car runs really rich, especially if you don't have any fuel management. So, if you are planning to do this mod then make sure that your very next step is some sort of engine management!

GokuSSJ4
03-11-2004, 11:16 AM
they make 2 different types , an I was told by RBmotoring that the one that they attent to sell for 99.00 dont fit as well as it should or has problems picking up fuel went is to low .
So they offer the right set up which is around 150.00 not sure if its the same pump.
Also i was told by WORKS that they shouldn't be anyproblems runing the pump with the P2 set up .....

Since im interested on doing this next ...

perversity
03-11-2004, 07:38 PM
The one I picked up was the high flow 255lph. It is the same config as stock and cost $100 from RRE.

GokuSSJ4
03-11-2004, 10:43 PM
so no problems with it then , fitment issues . The reason i say that cause RB motor sells it for 150.00 not sure if its the same pump or not ....

Coolguy949
03-11-2004, 11:56 PM
The reason you're getting a richer fuel mixture is that your Walbro is now overpowering your stock FPR (fuel pressure regulator) and creating a non-linear fuel curve. One of the common upgrade when getting the Walbro 255HP is a beefier FPR to give you a more linear fuel curve. If you get larger injectors you might have a tough time controlling the fuel output without upgrading the FPR also. Unless you plan on making over 500 whp, I recommend sticking with the regular 255 pump, or even a walbro 190. The 255 HP pump is overkill unless you do the whole system.

GokuSSJ4
03-12-2004, 12:36 AM
which FPR do you recommend to go with ?? and whats the stock psi on the FPR on stock ???
Thats what i was told if upgrading to larger injectors , and isue would occur at idle with the P2 runing stock turbo an no upgrade. since it would run same cylce as stock . which 720cc are a big difference . unless i combine the SAFC with the P2 to benefit from it and tune it in top of the P2 . Similar set up tp what robi has . Having base maps (FLASH) a lot better then stock to begin with and start from that ...

Coolguy949
03-12-2004, 03:57 AM
Having a fuel computer piggyback a flash is a good idea to fine tune everything. The flash handles the timing and the controller handles the AFRs. You have to remember though that you wont be able to compare your SAFC settings with anyone else unless they also have the P2. Most fuel computers work by adjust % over stock or percent % under stock. The "stock" would be different on a flashed ECU than a non-flashed ECU.

I'm not exactly sure what the numbers are on the stock FPR but I dont think you'll need the high pressure walbro unless you plan on going over 750 - 800CC for injectors.

Rob