PDA

View Full Version : Apexi S-AFC vs. AVC-R

augi1
03-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Ok so I am still kind of confused as to what each of these units acctually do? I know the AVC-R is a boost controller but does it also do the same things as the AFC? Can you run both at the same time? I am ready to start upgrading the engin (intake, exhaust, cams) and want to be sure to tune it right. thanks for the help!

ps. is the apexi or HKS Profec e-01 a better boost controller?

Coolguy949
03-13-2004, 07:36 PM
The AVC-R is a boost controller while the S-AFC II is an air/fuel controller. The AVC R uses a solenoid to control the vac that goes to the wastegate, thus controlling the boost. The S-AFC II taps in to the ECU and sends fake MAF readings to force the computer to adjust the A/F ratio to what the SAFC specifies..

STiTHIS
03-13-2004, 08:26 PM
S-AFC II!!!!!!

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-13-2004, 09:40 PM
isnt it better to just reflash, rather than getting a boost controller or an air/fuel??

howiEVO8
03-14-2004, 01:12 AM
isnt it better to just reflash, rather than getting a boost controller or an air/fuel??

prolly...if its a p2 from works...i know that it can control boost control but as far as air/feul...i have no idea..you might need the AFC II...= I

can someone comment on this? hehe :)

ItsStockOfficer
03-14-2004, 02:25 AM
Flashes are far more for a/f then boost.

mprtklr
03-14-2004, 05:02 PM
the nice thing about having an S-AFC as opposed to a flash, is the ability to change on the fly for things like elevation, temperature, all these things that cant be accounted for on a dyno, since its gotten hot out, i have had to riched up my mix a little bit to prevent a lot of knock,, like with my "cold weather" settings, it gotten to 150-200!!! so i turn up the fuel, and voila, back to 0-10

GokuSSJ4
03-14-2004, 07:23 PM
a nice set up is like Robi's , were you have the FLASH with set air/fuel and boost , and in top of it you have the SAFC with an EBC to adjust went you go to the track ....and run a higher octane = more boost :cool: