PDA

View Full Version : well i guess its a tib

wtfitsjames
03-14-2004, 09:34 PM
sorry guys, but i guess im gonna be getting a tib..no evo for me...DAMN!

Ricardon
03-14-2004, 09:40 PM
a tib? is that short for tiburon, sorry, excuse my ignorance

wtfitsjames
03-14-2004, 11:06 PM
yeah a tiburon

GokuSSJ4
03-14-2004, 11:20 PM
oh !! :? what happen ??

moogle
03-15-2004, 02:28 AM
What in the hell...

If money is an issue than I understand. If not tell the voices the evo is alot faster and will spank the tib easily.

wtfitsjames
03-15-2004, 06:24 PM
hahaha yeah...its money issue...and the fact that its a fist car....i dont wanna jack up a precious evo as a first car...BUT I FRAKING WILL GET ONE....in the near future

moogle
03-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Well hopefully soon bcz sooner or later its evo9 and evo 8 is bye bye unless u want used "eh." My next car is r35 if it ever comes here.

GokuSSJ4
03-16-2004, 09:32 AM
my next car will be a z06 :cool: thats a must !!!!!

moogle
03-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I'll never own a domestic.

leaveit2bevo
03-16-2004, 10:40 PM
ya all z06 proves is that you have a small penis

Ricardon
03-16-2004, 10:44 PM

Any particular reason? Not hazin you, but that's a pretty broad statement. There are a few domestic cars that really kick ass. The EVO really is tough to compare to a lot of cars, especially when you take price into consideration, but Z06's are pretty impressive when driven by someone with a clue

leaveit2bevo
03-16-2004, 10:46 PM
see rich also has small penis hahaha sucker!

moogle
03-18-2004, 06:40 PM

Any particular reason? Not hazin you, but that's a pretty broad statement. There are a few domestic cars that really kick ass. The EVO really is tough to compare to a lot of cars, especially when you take price into consideration, but Z06's are pretty impressive when driven by someone with a clue

U want me to narrow it down?

Jap just make a better overall car imo. Majority of domestic breakdown, bsds z06 what else have the overall performance, gas guzzler, and many more.

Jap Cars to look for = r35, the new supra, the new rx-7, nsx, evoIX.
Domestic = bsds the new z06, gt40 "which I can't afford maybe not until 10 yrs from now" the rest just got jizzed on.

moogle
03-18-2004, 06:43 PM
wtfitsjames. If its money Y tiburon? They just suck!
Get a rsx-s, sentra spec-v, civic SI, hate to say srt-4. Gah tibs are just way below the list unless u want the 10 yr warranty thing.

leaveit2bevo
03-18-2004, 08:32 PM
ya I agree there are plenty of good cars that beat the shit out of the tiburon.

Ricardon
03-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey, I understand your point about japanese cars, and like I said before, I'm not hazing you, but I've found that the sentiment of Japanese cars being "more relaible" or "domestic cars break down more" really is a myth. And I'll tell you why. The vast majority of people will drive 18,000 miles in a year and change their oil once or twice, that's actually a statistic in SoCal! If you take care of ANY car it will be reliable! I owned a Jeep Cherokee and almost every person I talked to questioned the purchase because f reliability issues. I serviced it regularly, and the only other money I spent on it was a set of tires. Did you know that the Buick Century has the same reliability rating as the Toyota Camry? It's true. Who in their right mind would think a Buick was as reliable as a Toyota...that's my point. I also owned a Z28 SS...never had a single problem with it. It was a brick, and the posi-rear end was a handfull in the rain and at the racetrack, but I never had a problem with it as far as reliability was concerned. I prefer the Japanese sports cars simply because I prefer smaller, higher-reving engines, and the Japanese tend to build higher output motors, but you have to look at the demographics to which a manufacturer caters to. The majority of Americans want the big, mushy suspension sedan to cruise around between work and home and church on Sunday hehehe. This market isn't typically concerned with gas mileage, and they want torque not upper RPM range ponies. Americans, very generally speaking, are drag racers, not road racers...a fact that I'm not too fond of hehehe, but a fact nonetheless. I think there are quite a few promising road cars either on the market or coming soon. The afore mentioned Z06, the Viper...one of the greatest track cars ever built IMO, the new Mustang looks promising (even though I despise Mustangs)-the Saleens have always done pretty well at the track and kick ass on the IMSA circuits, the F-bodies (camaro/trans am) will be back for '06 I think-they've always been phenomenal bang for the buck options. The SRT4 is OMG potent for the same price as a family meal at Taco Bell! How about the Ford Focus SVT? There's a car that can twist your tits at the track...ask Neil Chirico of Motor Trend next time you see him at a SoCalEvo meet. I think the Tiburons have a lot of potential, if he's planning on getting the V6 version. Granted that he might have to spend about the same amount of money in mods to be as fast at the track as a stock EVO, maybe more, but it's a decent ride. Hey wtfitsjames, this may be sacrelige on this site to say, but what about a used '02 or '03 WRX? Get one that's been serviced properly and that's a bitchen alternative! Yes, I actually said "bitchen" lol. Kind of a moot point though because I own an EVO, and I don't think there's anything that comes close to it for twice as much! That's just my opinion, stick it in your pipe and smoke it hehehe.

moogle
03-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Oh yeah forgot to add a used wrx. U can find one for 18k or less w/low miles.

Fix it
Or
Repair it
Daily

Only some cases I hear domestic can be as reliable but that's hardly. Chevy Celebrity which my friend has 300k on it. craiglieberman "fast furious guy" says that domestic just breakdown easily,each stunt they do it breaksdown and a mechanic have to repair it constantly while the imports get beat up badly and still runs. I mean that's just one reason there are others like culture wise,nurses are mercedez/lexus whores,alot of the domestic styling just ugly, and so on. To be a myth it has to be unseen and more of a rumor, but it has been seen and its a fact that jap just make more of a quality car than domestic.

Ricardon
03-19-2004, 01:26 AM
I would have to agree with you on the styling piece, that's for sure. Especially in cars like the Corvette. Is that interior ever going to look like it's a $60,000 car? And let's not even mention the styling of most domestic fullsize sedans. How many chicks are you gonna pull with a '99 Chevy Lumina? But I will still argue against "its a fact that jap just make more of a quality car than domestic". Like I said, I think any car will last you a LONG ASS TIME, provided that you take care of it. Oh but please Moogle, using Craig Lieberman just killed the argument lol! That's like saying Bevis and Butthead told me that it's not cool to fart at the dinner table hehehehe.

moogle
03-19-2004, 01:47 AM
His cool, I just put him as slightly a reason as why I wont get a domestic. As they try to make the stunt the domestic just blows and breaksdown while the imports are in top notch. I am not saying that domestic sux, but their quality just not in the same league as japan. I know domestic dominize the v8 scene but imagine if the jap starts and establish a v8 sports compact that's affordable...WoooHH!!! Yah I agree that it also depends on the person maintaing it, BUT I think if u drive a ford and a honda and don't do maintanence for a year or maintain it consistently for so many years the honda would still run in tip top shape over the FORD.

GokuSSJ4
03-19-2004, 10:04 AM
its amazing to how a japanese car will take abuse and keep on running. An example of this are third world country , were the issue is getting to work and having transportation then fixing it to look nice. But car service is over look so much for the most part. An yet you see Toyota and now Honda all over the place , why because they know how reliable those car can be..
don't get me wrong i think Dosmetics cars are great and i use to owned one , the raw power is great to have . An im a huge corvette fan . If im able in the near future corvette is a must (z06) for me :cool:
But it seems that people have less headaches with Imports then Domestics cars . Remember not every one attents to look as into much detail or how much service their car requires or maintainance . most people sometimes over look at it .. an maintainance comes to their car till they see a check engine or they start to hear loud noises coming from the hood or there breaks....

mprtklr
03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
raise your hand if you live with a CEL

http://www.smiliez.nl/Smiliez/vrolijk/vrolijk17.gif

wtfitsjames
03-20-2004, 12:24 AM
i just came back from test driving an automatic gt v6 tiburon....wasnt great...but it felt okay...not as good as an evo...but im gonna get the 6 speed most likely

Ricardon
03-20-2004, 12:31 AM
OOOOOO, test drive a manual before you make the decision bro! I'm sure you know that there is a HUGE difference in the way they feel! And put your game face on, don't get screwed, if the dealer doesn't want to play ball...WALK. It might take some energy, but there are always dealers that will sell you a car on YOUR TERMS! Good luck.

moogle
03-20-2004, 12:51 AM
euh hyundai a wanna be honda. Test drive the spec V or rsx-s much more refine and more power.

wtfitsjames
03-20-2004, 09:45 AM
i test drove civic si, spec v, rsx, not type s type s was outta price range....and i test drove 350z for fun..heh heh...but i have to admit that the tiburon gtv6 is a pretty good car...looks nice...and i already ordered a CAI...but spec V's are ugly....i like rsx's...just cant get one....but i dont care....my true love is an EVO

moogle
03-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Used wrx 18k or less bro w/low miles, the next best to an evo. If u want new w/awd u can get the matrxi xr than turbo it later and its like an evo. I know its ur choice but man a tiburon... ehh I guess.

re-EVO-lver
03-24-2004, 03:05 PM
It really depends on your use of the vehicle and your likes and dislikes. If you want power go for the Srt-4, if you want luxury go for the RSX or tib, or if you want looks and handling go for the Maszdaspeed. The third is my choice, it outhandles an M3 in the slalom, it's turbo, comes with an awsome sound system, and has custom racing heart wheels. Pretty nice package for 20k.

wtfitsjames
03-24-2004, 05:34 PM
mazda rx-8?

wtfitsjames
03-24-2004, 06:53 PM
oh yeah...and i cant get past the fact that an srt-4 is a neon....

moogle
03-25-2004, 01:16 AM
mazda rx-8?

rx-8... if u can afford an rx-8 u can afford a subaru. Rx-8 25k just for the gay automatic. If ur getting a sports car get a stick @least. Any hoo msp is not bad but is underrated for its price... rsx-s, spec V, wrx, is the way to go. Or I mean OR if your lucky you can get a 2001 s2000 with like 40-50k miles on it for 18k.