PDA

View Full Version : Stock tires help?

Anonymous
03-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Okay i have 11000 now and i have not yet balanced my tires, umm i have one slight problem, and thats my left rear tire that has a leak because something caused a little puncture into my tire and lets out a little bit of air. Umm now tomorrow im scheduled to take my car to dealer, and balance my tire and repair the one thats leaking, so what should i do? Should i go ahead and spend money doing this, or get my self a set of Falken Azenis??? What are the lowest prices of Falkens in LA??? Someone please help, thanks

kaisho99
03-15-2004, 04:12 PM
11,000 without a rotate? Eeesh. They're probably hosed.

I do it every time I change the oil.

Anonymous
03-15-2004, 04:20 PM
no , i rotate my tires every month, i did not BALANCE my tires in 11,000 miles, please everyone read my post carefully, i need this help cuz if im paying 100 bucks to balance, and repair the fucked up tire, maybe id rather buy the falkens for a few hundred more, tell wat you guys think

kaisho99
03-15-2004, 04:28 PM
ah my bad. well you'll still have to balance the new onse so if you've got the cash and were gonna replace the advans with falkins, might as well do it now then! right?

but then you got the price of the falkins ~400+ and all the little other charges they make you pay (mounting/balancing, stems, disposal fee if you dont want your advans, etc). it can add up.

Anonymous
03-15-2004, 05:59 PM
so wait, lol i dont understand, do you have an estimate on the Falkens? Cuz i dont have money, i have only 11000 miles on my tires, should i wait out and let these tires get ruined or go buy a new set of tires?

Cuz right now im looking at 100 to 120 bucks in balancing and repairing my fucked up tire, so i dunno, what would you guys do?

mprtklr
03-15-2004, 08:21 PM
well, 500-600 for a new set..

or 120 (at the most) for probably another 5,000ish miles?

the latter would make more sense to a financially obscured individual.

GokuSSJ4
03-15-2004, 10:39 PM
just ask your self this question malibu , are you able to afford the azenis ?? and if not at the moment , then how long till you are able to get them ??

QuickShifter
03-16-2004, 12:58 AM
are tires like the azenis and bfgoodrich as good as the stock tires cuz i know their cheaper, anyone rocking these tires????

GokuSSJ4
03-16-2004, 09:35 AM
There's several peeps that have the azenis and you can get them on a 245 serious ( a bit bigger then stock :wink: )
Bevo
Cool guy
Ricardon ( i think :lol:)
and i seen some other ones , for the amount that you paid or around that price tag , there the best tires out there ...

leaveit2bevo
03-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Ya I run the 245 azenis and like them better than the advans. John are getting a new advan? or a patch? I dont think you can have one brandnew tire and the other 3 with 11000 miles. I got the azenis for 119 a tire and 575 OTD at ozar bros tire on lincoln just passed ocean park.

Ricardon
03-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah, there's a few of us who rock the Azenis Sports. gt40 was the first, and the day after I saw how well they performed at the track I picked up a set as well. Perfect for the street, and not too shabby at the track and OMG are they affordable...can't argue with that! I'd say squeeze the absolute last ammount of life out of the advans first, then get some new rubber, especially if you have $$$ issues!

QuickShifter
03-17-2004, 01:53 AM
ya thats what im doing!!!! 18,000 miles on stock tires and ones completely bald cuz i havent rotated them for a while!!! going to get new tires soon though....my handling has really been affected by the wear on these tires

evo8jedi
03-25-2004, 08:12 PM
I ended up rockin the Azenis St-115s, About as sticky as the stock yokos but last 10x as long... I'm sure the Azeni sports are better, but I'm not much of a track driver.....

rEdEvO8
03-26-2004, 10:43 AM
evo8jedi,

How much did you pick up your Azenis St-115's for?

leaveit2bevo
03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
you dont need to be track driver there just great cheap tires why on earth you would go with the st-115 to save like $40 on your 30g sports car is beyond me. Whats the next step 87 octane!!!!!! lol jp

mprtklr
03-26-2004, 02:11 PM
you dont need to be track driver there just great cheap tires why on earth you would go with the st-115 to save like $40 on your 30g sports car is beyond me. Whats the next step 87 octane!!!!!! lol jp

screw that...pemex all the way...

Ricardon
03-27-2004, 02:20 AM
AHHHHH no you didn't just bring out the PEMEX!!! Shit, that's really the only reason I haven't made the roadtrip down to Veracruz to see the family in the EVO. I'd need a full engine rebuild by the time I got back!!!

leaveit2bevo
03-27-2004, 12:10 PM
damn old men whats PEMEX??

Ricardon
03-27-2004, 07:52 PM
PEMEX is the ONLY gasoline company in Mexico. The octane ratings have been proven to be so unstable it would scare you! So, you buy the high octane and you end up getting not only worse than 87 in some cases, you might need a paper towel to filter out all the sediment and garbage in the gas. I've seen it...ain't purty. Of course, you could have some good luck and not run into any of those problems, but it's a crap shoot, and I don't have the money to do an engine rebuild at this point.

mprtklr
03-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Petroleum Mexicanos = PEMEX

the only gas stations in mexico are pemex, there is no competition.

Ricardon
03-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Petroleum Mexicanos = PEMEX

the only gas stations in mexico are pemex, there is no competition.

Petroleos Mexicanos brother...Petroleos. You aren't a real Mexican...stop faking it LOL!

drwn kix
03-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Take a few gallons of Xylene when you go. Every gallon adds two to the tank. Put a gallon in with 89 and you got 91 or two gallons in with 87 and you got 91. Stuff is under $7 per gallon at Sherman Williams.

mprtklr
03-28-2004, 04:56 PM
damn, did the gringo show in me?? hey i got the petro right... :)

Ricardon
03-28-2004, 05:07 PM
hehehehe "I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO...I AM A GRINGO"

Anonymous
03-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Speaking of Pemex, I was down in Rosarito yesterday (not in the Evo) and saw that regular gas was like 5-6 pesos (50 cents give or take) and "premium" was like 7 pesos (63 cents) a liter. I was wondering what the octane was since it doesn't say. After your comments above I don't think the Evo will ever go south of the border. Unless I BMOG (bring my own gas).

Ricardon
03-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Haha, yeah have a fuel truck follow you down there!! Tight ass idea! WHOAH this thread got waaaaaay OT huh?

I wonder about the st115's. I hear they are pretty good, I've seen them on drift cars before. I remember the older azenis being terrific for autocrossing, but absolutely horrible for the track. They changed up the compound and hold very very well at the racetrack now, but they still maintain the characterisitc of being completely used up before the tread disappears. If you have a set of Azenis sports on that have little tread left, you are WAY overdue for new tires hehehe. I guess that's fairly normal for anything other than a DOT-R tire though. A lot of the R's typically tend to be in their sweet spot when they appear to be almost bald. Pilot Sport Cups grip the best when there is no tread left, just the two grooves along the inner edge of the tire...then it's time to go really fast hehehe. But for those of you who go to the racetrack on a set of street tires: bald street tires are not slicks!!! That's the worst combo out there, and I see people thinking it's cool all the time. Deffinite no no!

CarPhoto.net
04-10-2004, 10:05 AM
How do thye pirreli P zero nero compare to the falkens. I own the perreli and they are not near as good as stock. They have excellent wet weather grip.

Ricardon
04-10-2004, 05:52 PM
How do thye pirreli P zero nero compare to the falkens. I own the perreli and they are not near as good as stock. They have excellent wet weather grip.

Well, you could buy 3 sets of Azenis for the same price as one set of Pirellis and the Pirellis don't perform anywhere near 3 times better, so I don't know. I'm going to get a set of 9" wheels and stretch the Azenis on to see how the sidewall feels there. That would be a very interesting test.

gt40
04-10-2004, 10:50 PM
originally posted by Goku:
Bevo
Cool guy
Ricardon ( i think )
and i seen some other ones , for the amount that you paid or around that price tag , there the best tires out there ...

Yep, Tell rich anything and the whole world knows! I got them last year...told rich. After wasting some perfectly good sportcups, he found his way... cheap and progressive works on the street for me.

Ricardon
04-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Damn Mark, you're just finally seeing this? My tires are just about good to go. I need a new set, and I'll be getting another set of Azenis. I want to see if I can make these things last for a while longer so I can get a new set of wheels and test out the Azenis on a 9" wide like I said before. hmmmmmmmm....

apexstrafer
04-11-2004, 01:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing, re: the 9" rims... the azenis are good, grippy tires, but on the stock 8 inchers, they feel a little too squirmy for my tastes, like they don't match the stock suspension very well. even with higher pressures, the car kinda wallows in quick transitions. I'm thinking some 9" gram lights are going to be my next purchase...

now, which ones.......

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/logo.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/logo_1.jpg

:D

Ricardon
04-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Tough choice slacka-san! I like the the S personally. I feel you on the Azenis not feeling matched to the stock suspension. It does help a little with higher pressures though, no? I'm really interested in seeing how they do on a 9". Maybe that sidewall is the shortcoming of this tire...hey they don't cost $250 per so there's gotta be sumthin wrong with 'em right? hehe. I wonder I wonder I wonder.

Macky
04-11-2004, 07:55 PM
2nd one. make it bronze for me 8)

Ricardon
04-11-2004, 08:17 PM
2nd one. make it bronze for me 8)

That is bronze Macky hehehe. Unless you mean the Gold color like the RRE EVO?

GokuSSJ4
04-11-2004, 09:07 PM
i thought they come on silver , gunmetal and gold ( not bronze ) like the RRE evo ..

apexstrafer
04-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Tough choice slacka-san! I like the the S personally. I feel you on the Azenis not feeling matched to the stock suspension. It does help a little with higher pressures though, no? I'm really interested in seeing how they do on a 9". Maybe that sidewall is the shortcoming of this tire...hey they don't cost $250 per so there's gotta be sumthin wrong with 'em right? hehe. I wonder I wonder I wonder.

yeah, I saw the 57s at IAS in that bronze color there, and DAMN it looked hot. getting OT here, but anyone know how much they weigh?

as far as the tires, they aren't perfect, but I think they're by far the best choice in anything near that price range. just wish they'd stiffen up that sidewall and make em in 245 40 17.

Ricardon
04-11-2004, 11:33 PM
look at the pic Goku...it's bronze.

GokuSSJ4
04-11-2004, 11:54 PM
i know is bronze :roll: but that is what RRE told me is available ,
but gruppe-s says different
* Clears Brembo calipers
Available in Silver, Gun Metal, Bronze. CONTACT US to order.
http://gruppe-s.com/Volk/gram_evo.htm

leaveit2bevo
04-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Dude I thought it was just my car or something but ya those fuckers do squirm I just thought it was cool.

apexstrafer
04-12-2004, 12:42 AM
i know is bronze :roll: but that is what RRE told me is available ,
but gruppe-s says different
* Clears Brembo calipers
Available in Silver, Gun Metal, Bronze. CONTACT US to order.
http://gruppe-s.com/Volk/gram_evo.htm

dammit...according to gruppe-s, the gram lights aren't available in 9" width. :banghead:

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 03:15 AM
HMMMMMM. I was also thinking about the enkei rpf1's like robi has...really cheap and really light and very very strong to boot. But robi said that the 9" did not fit in a 40+ offset. weird. I dunno what's up with that. I wonder if going with a 35 and rolling fenders might be a better way to go.

el rey evo
04-12-2004, 05:43 AM
The 57S does come in gold (like the RRE car) and bronze (like the pic)...

They are one of my top three choices... :)

Muramasa
04-12-2004, 10:50 AM
The azenis fits on stock rims?

eVoL oNe
04-12-2004, 01:27 PM
how much for a whole set of azenis and what size should i get since i got stock rims on??

leaveit2bevo
04-12-2004, 01:32 PM
I got mine for 119 a tire you should get 245/40/17

eVoL oNe
04-12-2004, 01:37 PM
i know that Advans psi for the front tires are 32psi, and the back are 29.....whats the best psi for the front and back tires on azenis?

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 04:59 PM
OMG JEFF!!! I was just at Mackin today...I saw the 57S in Bronze...quick somebody hand me a napkin! I have never felt so POOR in my entire life! Imagine walking into a warehouse where it is floor to ceiling with boxes that say, Volk or Gram Lights or G Games or Espelir or ARC! DUDE...ARC!!!!! It was the best thing to see, and left me with the most salty taste in my mouth (don't even start Bevo)! Damn I need a better job, and to win the lottery, and to have no debt, and to...

Ok, tangent. Anyway, the wheels are soooo sweet!!! I want a set!!

apexstrafer
04-12-2004, 06:13 PM
OMG JEFF!!! I was just at Mackin today...I saw the 57S in Bronze...quick somebody hand me a napkin! I have never felt so POOR in my entire life! Imagine walking into a warehouse where it is floor to ceiling with boxes that say, Volk or Gram Lights or G Games or Espelir or ARC! DUDE...ARC!!!!! It was the best thing to see, and left me with the most salty taste in my mouth (don't even start Bevo)! Damn I need a better job, and to win the lottery, and to have no debt, and to...

Ok, tangent. Anyway, the wheels are soooo sweet!!! I want a set!!

see??? told you mang, they're fkn HOT. did they happen to have any in 9"??

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 06:24 PM
No bra...only 8.5's that I saw, but I think that might be the ticket. Well, in a +40 anyway. Disn't ask about a +40 or +35 in 9"...You can smack me later. I was too busy trying not to cum my pants while staring at the racks upon racks of hyper cool, hyper JDM, hyper exfuckingpensive parts they had there. OMG is the ARC stuff just in Warbucks' pricerange or what? ARC is the ticket if you got the roll though, I'll tell you that much. I have never seen workmanship that can even claim to dreaming of being in the same league as ARC! Jeff you need to come to the mini-meet tonight. Same place, same time I have something to show you!!! You'll want to see it!

apexstrafer
04-12-2004, 06:30 PM
DOH! I have so much work to do from home tonight....I'll TRY to make it though, I wanna see some new toys...

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
That's the weirdest thing! I've never heard anyone refer to masturbation as "I have so much work to do from home tonight" Your favorite Showtime skin flick on tonight? It's all good, we don't want you there, and my goodies don't want to be seen by you anyway! Dude, just be there! hehehhehe

apexstrafer
04-12-2004, 06:41 PM
HAHAAA, yeah, just got my new 12 dvd set of bestiali- uh, I mean, I have a freelance project due in a couple days...but I'll see how much I get done and maybe I'll show up and make you fkers jealous with my stock evo.

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Look just come, and now back to our regularly schedued topic!
"Stock Tires Help" (haaaaaaa=canned audience cheers)