PDA

View Full Version : handling mods

rizalhoo
03-16-2004, 10:06 PM
hey,

i noticed everyone here is going for power mods and just wondering if anyone here have any Sway Bars, Strut Braces, or Lower Chassis Braces installed on their evo, if yes which? and how'd u like it?

anyhow if im going for the handling mods or whatsoever you guys call it, which one should i go first? Sway Bars, Strut Braces, or Lower Chassis Braces ?

han74j
03-16-2004, 10:28 PM
the stock struts are pretty light already. teh cusco i heard is about 2lbs lighter than the stock one so, i dont know if u want to spend 250 for 2lbs. i would start from the lower arm bars. either rich or robi or gt40 makes hes own its pretty good and a good pirce for the finishing product so. i would go for all cusco myself, cause their stuff have been though all the races and they know whats up. thats the way i see it. the jic FLT-A2 is a good one to go with if you r looking for more stiff ride, ask around a lot of people have the rre set up and all said its teh shit! so

leaveit2bevo
03-16-2004, 10:31 PM
dude one word MUELLER go see him at RRE and all your handling mods will be set. Go with the rear anti sway and allignment first then rock the JIC set up

han74j
03-16-2004, 10:36 PM
shouldn't u get the JIC set up then alloignment???

leaveit2bevo
03-16-2004, 10:43 PM
no unless you have some skillz and have 2gs. I got the antiroll and allignment and the car is fucking amazing understeer is gone, and all for 3 something

gt40
03-17-2004, 12:25 AM
i noticed everyone here is going for power mods and just wondering if anyone here have any Sway Bars, Strut Braces, or Lower Chassis Braces installed on their evo, if yes which? and how'd u like it?

actually, muellerized jics, progress sway, links, custom lower brace, front brace and rear brace...

rizalhoo
03-17-2004, 04:05 AM
mark, can u really feel the difference in handling with that mods? i mean like u get a downpipe or a cat delete or new turbo, definately you can feel the difference in power, now by getting all that braces and everything can u feel the difference in handling? thanks a lot :)

EDIT: I know its kinda a dumb questions and an obvious "yes" (probably)answer though but I just wanna know what do u feel or how u feel when driving with all that :)

GokuSSJ4
03-17-2004, 10:00 AM
let me put it this way , Aaron was doing 2.08 at buttonwillows with a stock evo and r compound tires (proxes RA ) with John L. Mueller @ RRE set up . Which involves alignment , rear sway bar , bushings and some touch ups on the front.
Its one of the best steps that you can take till you learn to take the best out of the stock suspension. If you have the money and lowering the car is a must but want the performance behind it ..!! then i wouldn't do anything but JIC set up by RRE ., John L. Mueller ROCKS !!!! ..... and you get for what you paid for . Let him work the magic on your car , and see improvements .....:cool:

leaveit2bevo
03-17-2004, 10:57 AM
mark, can u really feel the difference in handling with that mods? i mean like u get a downpipe or a cat delete or new turbo, definately you can feel the difference in power, now by getting all that braces and everything can u feel the difference in handling? thanks a lot :)

EDIT: I know its kinda a dumb questions and an obvious "yes" (probably)answer though but I just wanna know what do u feel or how u feel when driving with all that :)

OH hell yes I can only imagine what the car feels like with the JIC's.

robi
03-18-2004, 12:19 AM
IT ROCKS WITH THE MUELLER JIC SET-UP...Just ask the Z06's/Sti/M3/insert favorite performance car here my EVO gobbles up in the corners...(The Buschur power in the straights doesn't hurt either!)

GokuSSJ4
03-18-2004, 12:56 AM
thats next for me :cool: but before that , i need to see what this car can do with the mueller set up on stock suspension ...

Strider
03-18-2004, 05:52 PM
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/jicinfo.htm

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/jicmail.htm

redvolution
04-19-2004, 11:37 AM
If you don't want to drive out to RRE, check out Stokes tire in Santa Monica for an alignment. They're very competent and let me stand with the guy (older - not some punk kid) while he aligned the car.

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2004, 11:45 AM
theres no way you can compare a regular alignment with RRE set up .. The car behaves way different then stock ....

leaveit2bevo
04-19-2004, 01:16 PM
I took my car to stokes to get my tire patched, im sure they are competent but they didnt even know what an evo was, but they just cant compare to John Mueller has over 15 years (and probally more) experiance tunning turbo charged AWD cars.

redvolution
04-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm not trying to insinuate that Stokes has any degree of tuning experience at all - just suggesting that if you all you want is an alignment they do a better job than your average Firestone of Big-O.

I think I've read on this forum that the RRE stock setup is alignment, rear sway, and new bushings. Does anybody know what bushings they change?

han74j
04-19-2004, 10:59 PM
check these out http://www.energysuspension.com