PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think the RRE "unnamed" clutch

mprtklr
03-18-2004, 01:08 PM
I dont need a new clutch now, but i am thinking of buying it now so when the time comes i will have it. RRE will obviously be doing the install, but is the "unnamed" clutch they have a good one you think compared to the ACT or Hyper? whats the opinion here?

Blak94GSX
03-18-2004, 04:28 PM
It has a name, "X-Clutch"

Basically it is designed to solve some of the problems common with ACTs. The ACT is the popular brand, but the pressure plates warp and then the disc wears unevenly. The X-Clutch uses a reinforced pressure plate and different dual-friction type materials on the disc.

I haven't driven an EVO with a X-Clutch so I won't comment on how awesome it is, but for a DSM the X-Clutch is the greatest clutch ever made if you are making between 500 and 700 flywheel horsepower.

mprtklr
03-18-2004, 04:30 PM
x-clutch is just a term used because it has no name. but its purpose is for warranty-weary people, as stated by RRE. i was just curious if anyone has used it.

Blak94GSX
03-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah it looks and smells like the stock clutch. It would require a smart dealer (yeah right) to notice that it isn't really stock. Of course most dealers won't even honor the warranty with a totally stock clutch, so good luck...

mr. evo
03-23-2004, 05:01 PM
We have installed them at HB. This is the curious part about the x-clutch clutch, it looks stock, comes in the same packaging as the stock clutch (exact same box), and feels no different when in the car (the feel is by my opinion, I could be wrong). How much is this X-clutch? And yes Black94GSX dealers won't warranty a burnt clutch, but will warranty actual problems, like a snap ring that has blown itself to pieces and caused you clutch to lock.

mprtklr
03-23-2004, 06:04 PM
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/nonameclutch.htm

its supposed to clamp more..

leaveit2bevo
03-23-2004, 07:04 PM
sounds like the ACT setup, which was basically stock clutch with a better pressure plate.

Ricardon
03-23-2004, 07:38 PM
If it's true, I'll be spending more money over at RRE when I go to get my Muelerized JIC's!!! Ah but we all know I'm too poor to afford any of this crap anyway!

HOPELESS<-----------ME

leaveit2bevo
03-23-2004, 08:44 PM
cry me a river

GokuSSJ4
03-23-2004, 10:24 PM
LOL you know he is going to install all of this and is just making excuses at the moment ...

if not ill end up getting it for my car , just to give you a reason to get it ....:wink: