PDA

View Full Version : apparently someone didnt like my paint so....

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 02:07 PM
they repainted the front corner and driver side white and put a big trailorhitch mark in the front for me while i was inside walmart

lets just say, you cant tell its an evo from the front.

so anyone know where i can get a

front bumper
driver fender
driver headlight
hood
driver mirror
driver front door

cheap?

god, im gonna spend a $1000 just in paint.....plus the parts

sidewaysevo
03-21-2004, 02:10 PM
damn haters!!!

Cr0mster
03-21-2004, 02:15 PM
fucking haters

moogle
03-21-2004, 02:33 PM
That's a lesson! Don't bring ur evos to walmart. I am scared parking anywhere I don't know the neighborhood.

SolarXclipse
03-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Sorry to hear what happened to your car, Robert. Its just not safe anymore to leave our precious car anywhere. Damn a lot of haters, jealous punks will just keep on messing with us.

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 02:56 PM
sometimes i wonder why i even bother? i mean if people are gonna fuck with my shit all the time? whats the point? im thinking of taking this oppurtunity to repaint it the original black, sell all my aftermarket stuff, go back to stock and be done with it.

perversity
03-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you can get it sorted out...

Anonymous
03-21-2004, 03:12 PM
haha, i wouldnt paint my evo that color, no wonder they thought it was some sort of rainbow colored car

evoguyz
03-21-2004, 03:15 PM
only in a wal-mart parking lot would something like that happen

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 03:19 PM
haha, i wouldnt paint my evo that color, no wonder they thought it was some sort of rainbow colored car

and so what the fuck do you mean by that?

Anonymous
03-21-2004, 03:24 PM
nothing im just saying that i would not paint my car that color.....is there a problem homie? i think i have full american rights to give my opinion about the color of your car....if you have a problem with that then speak up

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 03:26 PM
EDIT...nevermind...something new im trying....stop the fight before it starts.....

Anonymous
03-21-2004, 03:27 PM
get a new paint job "dude", but dont get somthing that people will laugh at and hate it, get somthin that would look tight..........

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 03:28 PM
get a new paint job "dude", but dont get somthing that people will laugh at and hate it, get somthin that would look tight..........

ok fight starts....you got a real attitude problem you know that? i dont believe anyone has ever laughed at my paint "homie" ok, i get people stopping me asking about it.

but i guess its cool cause you got some super evo able to leap tall buildings in a single bound and beat cars with double your horsepower. talk about living in a dream world...

Anonymous
03-21-2004, 03:32 PM
lol.....i did not say anything about my evo bro, you trippin and keep on using the word "homie"? like are you trying to learn how to talk english or somthin? anyways that was my opinion about your color, cuz i would not spend all that money on a color like that, you do not have the best evo....sorry i did not know you wanted to fight, hah

i dont believe anyone has ever laughed at my paint "homie" ok, i get people stopping me asking about it.

Also my car gets alot of attention with my splitter and exhuast, people stop and ask me about those mods also, mann, people love my car where ever i go

Cr0mster
03-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Sad part is it doesn't matter what color your car is. People are just jealous its a Evo. Like Noel said to many damn haters.

Malibu while you do have the right to your opinion, at the meet we had at SRT motorsports everyone was doing totally the opposite of laughing at his car. Pictures do not do his car justice.

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 03:37 PM
did i ever say i had the best EVO? and it seems like everyone of your posts is intended to start a fight. why is that?
and i am not your homie so dont call me that like in your second reply.

this conversation is done, if someone with intelligence were to make a post ok,

geez shouldnt there be some sort of minimum intelligence level to join socalEVO?
BTW: its nice that an exhaust has you so proud..oh and your splitter :lol: cause damn, thats some cash.....

pangaroo
03-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Sorry about the car man, hope all works out. Is insurance covering anything? Aren't there a few local guys that just switched out to aftermarket body kits. I remember the last meet at RB, I noticed about 3 evos that just got kits. Maybe you can pick up one of theirs.

Sorry, I'm gonna butt my nose in this arguement. Its cool to have an opinion on color/car, but there are nicer ways to make your point then make it sound like he deserved to get his car hit. That pretty cold dude. Personally i don't like the color, but to each their own. I dont think anyone meant anything personal, but knowing that he just about got his car totaled, I'd cut down on the cynicism.

I met both guys for like 5 minutes, and both seemed cool. No need to make this into a flame war.

Anonymous
03-21-2004, 03:53 PM
im not sayin shit with an attitude, you guys arent in person to see if im givin an attiude, this is the internet, sorry ur car got fucked, but i cant say im sorry your car got fucked cuz i really dont care about anyone elses car, but myself......I care what you think about your own car, but im honestly a straight forward person, there is no reason to hide wat u feel..

mistasparkle
03-21-2004, 04:25 PM
That blows man, i had my car egged with one egg. Nothing in comparison, i know. But its lame that people could do this to such a nice car. Good luck with the paint, and did you have a color changing paint on before?

evoguyz
03-21-2004, 04:34 PM
mprtklr you live in Temecula? I am suprised I have never seen your car, it could not be that hard to miss. Which Wal-Mart were you at Murrieta one or Temecula one?

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 04:44 PM
murrieta, i usually go to the one in temecula becuase it is nicer, but i needed something in a rush. i live off murrieta hot springs.

evoguyz
03-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh o.k. I got you, I am still suprised I haven't seen your car I am always driving around somewhere, yeah the one in Temecula is nicer I live around that area.

mprtklr
03-21-2004, 07:35 PM
you drive an evo?

ive seen a yellow one in your area
a black one
2 silver ones
and there is a blue one over by pechanga

evoguyz
03-21-2004, 08:51 PM
a cute chick drives a red one. I see her all the time driving around. keep an eye out for her

RanDEVO
03-21-2004, 09:23 PM
sorry about u car man. That really bites ! :shock: your car was UNIQUE!

ErroR
03-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your car man.

Others please leave your shitty remarks out, this is not a flame war.

rizalhoo
03-21-2004, 11:09 PM
sorry to hear bout your car man...arent u the one whom spent like $6000 or something like that just on the paint job? sorry if I mistook u with someone else :) anyhow id always wish to see your car in person since I think u got a UNIQUE color evo bro...anyhow hope u can sort everything out :)

erioshi
03-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your car - nasty ouch! Don't know if it will help, but here's the cost of those bits from a recent insurance claim:

front bumper $425.00
driver fender $415.00
driver headlight $1,143.78
hood $783.13

There are some supporting parts that figure into those assemblies, too. Examples are:

Grille Emblem $16.80
Grille $89.28
Hood Grille $231.11
Hood Pad $86.32

The other bits I don't have pricing for.

driver mirror
driver front door

re-EVO-lver
03-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Bottom line: the true essence an Evolution enthusiast is to have the most fun, fast and flashy evo around. This by far is the nicest paint on any Evo i've seeing. Matched only by the HKS all carbon EVO. I got shit for having a million stickers on my EVO, we all have our own way of modifying our rides, its called style!!! DON'T HATE!!!!!

han74j
03-22-2004, 03:03 AM
eah... goddamn!!! everyone needs to becareful!!! and sorry to hear about ur car... too many haters out there!!! fuck them all!!

rubelcon
03-22-2004, 07:59 AM
I have a hood for sale, hit me up if you have not got it yet....

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 09:16 AM
a cute chick drives a red one. I see her all the time driving around. keep an eye out for her

YES!!! IVE SEEN HER!! unfortunetly, her HUSBAND :( is one of the owners of temecula motorsports...

and thanks guys, i will hit you up for some parts.

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 09:52 AM
on a side note??? 1100 for a headlight??? what are they encrusted with gold??? jesus...

apexstrafer
03-22-2004, 10:12 AM
damn, that SUCKS about your car man, sorry to hear that. regardless of what anyone thinks of the paint color(s), maliciously ruining someone's pride and joy like that is just repugnant. if you find who did it, take the trailer hitch he used to mangle your car and crush his face with it and then shove it up his ass. :evil:

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 10:40 AM
well i got back from the body shop...

8,243 in damage.....

the paint is 1200 alone, and it will take 3 weeks to get since sherwin-williams doesnt have stock of the paint, they make it on demand. talk about a rare color.

so i will have all the pieces by thursday, and they will be sitting at the body shop for almost a month :(

Ricardon
03-22-2004, 10:56 AM
FUCK!!!!!

Secret Chimp
03-22-2004, 11:06 AM
they repainted the front corner and driver side white and put a big trailorhitch mark in the front for me while i was inside walmart

So what happened exactly? Someone backed into you with their white SUV? Or was it vandalism?

Can you just repaint the car with that specialized paint? Will it match?

SC~

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 11:17 AM
well it appears that it was backed into and the truck slid down the side and the bumper slid over the hood. but what makes me really think it was half vandalism, is that you would eventually hear the crushing/defaming noises and stop? unless your a mom in a big excursion with 50 kids in the backseat. but the trailorhitch mark has a bar mark above it denoting that it appears to have been an extension from a bumper meaning that the SUV was quite lifted off the ground. i need to get some pictures (i guess my laptop has to wait now)

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 11:18 AM
as far as the paint, it actually matches very very well, and also this paint does not need to be blended, so it should fit right in, provided when it is manufactured, it's tolerances for glass is the same as the batch i have. which it should be.

GokuSSJ4
03-22-2004, 11:32 AM
DAMN!!!

thats a lot , sorry to hear that. Same thign happen to Robi , some one back in to his car , but the damage is way less then yours.....

augi1
03-22-2004, 11:57 AM
well it appears that it was backed into and the truck slid down the side and the bumper slid over the hood. but what makes me really think it was half vandalism, is that you would eventually hear the crushing/defaming noises and stop? unless your a mom in a big excursion with 50 kids in the backseat. but the trailorhitch mark has a bar mark above it denoting that it appears to have been an extension from a bumper meaning that the SUV was quite lifted off the ground. i need to get some pictures (i guess my laptop has to wait now)

That really sucks man. It sounds like maybe a bigger truck like a delivery or rental truck may be responsable. i was in a car with a friend when a short staples truck backed up right on my friends hood and dented the shit out of the hood and 1 of the side fenders as he rolled off.

by the way won't insurance take care of the replacment parts but you have to pay repaint?

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 12:02 PM
well i have aftermarket coverage for my car, so they will pay for the paint too. so im cool there, 500 deductable. its just the time and the inconvience. so i have 3 options

drive the car like it is for a month
put the pieves on and drive with a (ugh) primered front end
leave it at the body shop for a month.....

Coolguy949
03-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Man, Robert. I'm really sorry about that. I know how you feel about Evo haters. My car was keyed at school last week.

All those "Guest" posts are by maliburacer, his account was deleted by someone (who I am trying to find out about) so he shows up as guest now.

John (maliburacer), seriously think about what you're saying before you post. Take a third person view of the situation and look at the big picture. Think about how people will respond to your post when you flame someone. You're getting everyone pissed and dont be supised if one of that admins offers to ban you again. I've told you time and time again you need to use more tact when posting.

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 12:47 PM
on a side note, does anyone have a hookup at a dealership, maybe i can get a headlight assembly for less than 1000 dollars. also now i know why they put the bolts under the bumper, harder to steal your headlights, so score one for mitsu on that design.

GokuSSJ4
03-22-2004, 01:22 PM
for the headlight assembly , talk to Josh at HB . Maybe he is able to give you a good deal. Also how much more do you paid a month for xtra coverage from your insurance carrier ???

leaveit2bevo
03-22-2004, 02:50 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/leaveit2bevo/vida_1.jpg

there does this make everybody feel better? you can thank me later :wink:

kaisho99
03-22-2004, 03:16 PM
well i got back from the body shop...

8,243 in damage.....

DAMN man!! Sorry to hear about this!

Hopefully your insurance company doesn't jack up your rates too bad. Freakin insurance co.'s. :roll:

mprtklr
03-22-2004, 03:41 PM
its comprehensive, so it wont count against me. so thats good. and as far as the coverage, it was part of the plan, check out 21st century insurance, thats who i have and they are the best i have ever had.

GokuSSJ4
03-22-2004, 07:11 PM
yeah i seen there list , they cover to 1000 worth in mod .. you can add to it more to make sure you get yourself cover .. i need to look at them more in detail ...

evoguyz
03-22-2004, 10:54 PM

YES!!! IVE SEEN HER!! unfortunetly, her HUSBAND :( is one of the owners of temecula motorsports...

and thanks guys, i will hit you up for some parts.

Well that explains why I always see her down that way....she kinds looks bitchy. I am sure she is well taken care of. Speaking of snotty.......... Chris in HB is your "girl" still up for grabs. She has been looking HOT lately.

IS2000
03-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Sorry to hear that. Damn haters...

moogle
03-23-2004, 12:57 PM
on a side note, does anyone have a hookup at a dealership, maybe i can get a headlight assembly for less than 1000 dollars. also now i know why they put the bolts under the bumper, harder to steal your headlights, so score one for mitsu on that design.

Don't u have a uncle that works in ontario/norco mitsubishi that we use to argue about.

mprtklr
03-23-2004, 01:07 PM
ya, joe nichols the service manager of ontario mitsubishi, already asked, best he could get me was 950. i was hoping someone had a hook-up in parts. unfortunetly, service and parts and sales are all handled by different divisions and are considered seperate entities. so service has to "buy" the parts to work on customer cars and so forth.

SolarXclipse
03-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Whats wrong with your driver side headlight again, Robert? Maybe I can fix it?

mprtklr
03-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Whats wrong with your driver side headlight again, Robert? Maybe I can fix it?

.....its actually not too bad, the front plastic piece is cracked and chipped. if your good at epoxy, i have all the pieces that came off, so it would require epoxy and glueing and some detail work with a needle. i would certainly pay for your time and effort, food, gas, etc. etc. if you think you can fix it, or i could ship it to you.

SolarXclipse
03-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Can you post a pic so I can see how much the cracked and chipped? I'm heading to OC later this afternoon.

mprtklr
03-23-2004, 01:31 PM
well, im at work right now, so i can post a pic when i get home, expect it about 4:00ish, i of course would do it at your convienance, my company has an office in el centro, so i could some by your place if you deem it fixable.

THANKS AGAIN !!

SolarXclipse
03-23-2004, 01:42 PM
I can probably go to your place on the way back to SD after I went to OC. That will be at night though. If you'll just be home later, we could see if we could fix it. I'll drop by. Just give me a call, 619-962-6578.
Noel