PDA

View Full Version : Skyline or G35?

mistasparkle
03-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey guys i was walking to class today and i noticed a G35 sitting in the parking lot. It had a skyline badge, a 350z badge, an infinity badge, and an 'R' badge. He had an exhaust and it sounded pretty deep. Anyone know the specs on these cars? Can they take an evo?

Blak94GSX
03-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Ignoring the rice factor of the badges, technically the Infiniti G35 Coupe is sold as the Skyline in Japan. There is no new Skyline GTR model yet.

The 350Z is a pretty big step down in classiness from the G35 coupe, but they share the engine and drivetrain. The G35 Coupe is about 300 pounds heavier, but is a capable performer considering it is a really smooth and nice luxo-cruiser.

Compared to an EVO, stock for stock the G35 Coupe is faster from a 50MPH roll and higher, and the EVO is better off the line if properly launched. With basic mods on an EVO, the EVO will keep up with or beat a similarly modded G35 Coupe in all areas.

For picking up chicks and overall reputation, of course the G35 Coupe wins, but you didn't buy a Mitsu to pick up chicks (hopefully)

NRG
03-21-2004, 05:56 PM
FYI, I killed a 350z from full stop to 100mph.....He had no chance........He was very surprised that I won.....Did I mention I had my wife in my car with me too.......After turning, he gave me the thumbs up.......

evoguyz
03-21-2004, 05:58 PM
G35 are sooo hot I keep debating if I should switch it up a bit for a more "grown up car"

Blak94GSX
03-21-2004, 06:00 PM
From a complete stop (proper race, not some faggy Supdawg from a roll BS) a stock EVO will beat almost anything up to around 100MPH. Things get messy after 100MPH, but if you want to cheat, just left foot brake a tiny bit so the brake lights come on when you get to middle of 3rd gear and you signal the race is over. Only another properly launched AWD or big power 2WD vehicle running drag radials properly heated will be able to keep up.

Whendidieatcorn
03-21-2004, 06:54 PM
For picking up chicks and overall reputation, of course the G35 Coupe wins, but you didn't buy a Mitsu to pick up chicks (hopefully)[/quote]

so thats why i am not getting any.........

pa4G63
03-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Blak94GSX wrote: Ignoring the rice factor of the badges, technically the Infiniti G35 Coupe is sold as the Skyline in Japan. There is no new Skyline GTR model yet.

I totally thought you were making up this when I read it. Then I went to Nissans jdm website. Here's the proof:

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0301/index.html

I have totally lost respect for nissans for calling this car a skyline. I'm sure I would see more g35 owners with skyline badging if they knew they had a "skyline"!

Blak94GSX
03-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Well keep in mind that the Skyline is a long-running family of Sedans and Coupes. The Skyline in Japan has always been just a slightly sportier version of the Maxima. Only the Skyline GTR, which shares almost nothing in common with the regular Skyline models is really performance oriented.

It is EXACTLY the same concept as the Mitsubishi Lancer. Mitsu used to sell it as the Mirage in the US but the Lancer in Japan. The Lancer is just a nice econobox family car, and then there is the Lancer Evolution model which shares almost nothing in common with the regular Lancer...

wtfitsjames
03-21-2004, 09:39 PM
picking up chicks in g35's? too many these days....chicks dig evo's

ErroR
03-21-2004, 10:15 PM
In japan the G35 is badged as a Nissan Skyline. Skyline badge on the trunk ad a 350 gt badge on the right side of the rear decklid.

ObsoleteAsian
03-23-2004, 10:26 PM
G35 are sooo hot I keep debating if I should switch it up a bit for a more "grown up car"

haha i was thinking the same thing. I really like the G35.. I can't debate for the coupe or sedan. but i seen the coupe with nice rims a low rumble stock sound. with the small small spoiler... Talk about classy with style. ... Then there is the sedan that comes in AWD... which... i would love just for the AWD... .. decisions. decisions.

i probably won't sell my evo and i probably won't buy another car for a year or so... Its either that...

or

other cars that .... make my belly jiggle..

G35 Coupe
G35 Sedan AWD
xB
xC
M3
or 545i series..... many of these are pricy. for me as of now.. but the evo doesn't work to well for meetings and what not..

STiTHIS
03-23-2004, 10:46 PM
G35 not that fast, cant handle either, well compared to the evo, and ya that guy just riced out his car.

leaveit2bevo
03-23-2004, 10:49 PM
I hate ricers there is a kid at smc with a reg civic with a SIR badge then I look at his chrome license plate holder and it says prelude. fucking retarted!

IS2000
03-24-2004, 01:52 AM
LOL, I saw a Mustang with GT-R badge on the front, and a pair of Skyline R33 tail lights. The driver was an older guy too.

Anyway, I think the G35 coupe is a pretty nice car. A supercharger or twin turbo setup would be ideal. I drove my friend's SC'ed 350Z and that car sounded great and pulls hard on the freeway.

evogal
03-24-2004, 11:04 AM
For picking up chicks and overall reputation, of course the G35 Coupe wins, but you didn't buy a Mitsu to pick up chicks (hopefully)

Are you kidding??? :lol: Maybe some dumb chick who doesn't know cars would be impressed with the G35 Coupe, but any woman who know her stuff wouldn't be impressed. The G35 was one of the cars I test drove before I made my decision. My conclusion: "Old man sports car". Or better yet....Mid-life crisis car for a guy who can't buy the sports car that he really wants.

Absinthe
03-24-2004, 01:27 PM
I used to work for Infiniti and there appears to be two small inconsitencies in this thread.

1- G35C is not 300 lbs heavier than the the 350z that would make it 3500 lbs its much closer to 3300lbs

2- also G35c puts up much higher skid pad number than the 350z

also to the person who listed scions as cars that float your boat- its a tC not an xC

Finnally the Skyline- Everything that has been said about it is true they have had a 4 door sky (GTs I think) for years in japan. ANd nissan is talking about reviving the Skyline GTR as a new G35c with Atessa and a blown Q45 V8...Probably to be called the Gt-R and sold as an infiniti.

erioshi
03-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Keep in mind that the G35 isn't available in the US with AWD and a manual transmission at this time.

evogal
03-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Keep in mind that the G35 isn't available in the US with AWD and a manual transmission at this time.

What makes you think that it isn't available in manual transmission? When I test drove the G35, I chose the 6 speed manual. Not trying to flame you, just want to know.

Absinthe
03-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Are you sure the G35x doesnt come in manual yet? I thought a saw a C&D test of one a few months back.