PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Type-S BoV

Muramasa
03-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Is the Greddy Type-S BOV with the K&N Typhoon intake supposed to have this metallic ping sound after the turbo spools and you let go of gas?? My idle ranges from 800-1000 rpm now but sometimes when I start the car its at 600 rpm for idle. Wats normal?? I took out the inner spring and left the outer spring in the bov.

tama_mog
03-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Sounds like you're talking about the bird chirping whistle...yeah it's normal, happens on mine too.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-22-2004, 06:42 PM
yo muramasa, how does that greddy type s sound on ur car??? is it like a woosh or a whistle or what?? im thinking of changing from the ssqv.

Muramasa
03-23-2004, 12:51 AM
It sounds err.. how to describe. Whenever you boost, no matter how little or alot, theres like a metal ping. its the "ping" sound. If you step on it more like 5k or 6k you get a quail like scream. Also if you dont let go of the gas right away and cleanly, it makes a weird bov quail sound. But if you do it cleanly, its a "pshhh Ping" sound.

NRG
03-23-2004, 01:41 AM
The ping is not normal at all.........Check your installation again...The ping might but your springs are not seated properly or your valve flap is wrap or something.......

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-23-2004, 03:05 AM
actually bro...my buddy has a twin turbo supra with a greddy type s on it and i hear that ping sound like muramasa was describing...and i like that sound which is why i asked if its the same in the EVO.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-23-2004, 03:07 AM
hey muramasa...go to www.blowoffvalves.com and listen to the sound that comes on when you open up the website and tell me if it sounds like your car??

NRG
03-23-2004, 07:31 AM
I had a Greddy Type-S and I've never heard it ping before. Now I am using the Forge and it doesn't ping either.....

tama_mog
03-23-2004, 09:45 AM
I thought he was just talking about the whistle when you let off on light throttle. But if it's like a ping as in knock, change hitting the ground, no I have not heard that from my type S. And this bov sounds good with an open element intake, pretty loud @ times....but supposedly you can't really notice it being much louder than stock without the intake.

Muramasa
03-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Yes it sounds like change dropping on the ground. I asked rob and he said its supposed to install horizontally. And from that website.. mine... sounds like that from time to time but the ping is like a coin bouncing on the ground only once on .. hmm metal or something. Its a noticeable ping from inside. Am I supposed to recirculate or no?? Cause it came with a cap that looks funny. It has no holes and looks like it blocks a pipe.

http://www.935motorsports.com/images/greddySevolution.JPG

From my picture it looks like that. But the purple cap is facing forward as in the same direction as the car. Not up and down meaning the purple cap isn't looking at you when your are peering down at it. Somehow ... my idle has been fixed where it used to die on me alot and I removed the inner spring on the bov. Rob said there are two springs and so I removed one and now my idle seems fine.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-23-2004, 02:24 PM
i luv that sound like the website has...im gonna buy a greddy type s when i get my car...but u guys are confusing me about the installation...i thought it was supposed to be facing in the direction of the front of the car. so rob told u that its supposed to be facing up at you when your looking down at it????

KU7484
03-23-2004, 09:04 PM
ionno about u guys... but my greddy type s bov doesn't really make noise in 1st as much as it does in 2nd or 3rd etc.
This is only when im daily driving. Maybe i didn't tune it properly.

Plus since i added my RMR intake, and say i take my car up to 7000rpm.... i don't know if i can hear the bov bc my intake is so damn loud. Anyone having the same problem?

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-24-2004, 04:21 PM
no i can hear my bov just fine and im rockin a hks intake. ( going to change to K & N

Muramasa
03-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Hmm.. what the hell is the bov supposed to sound like at 4-6k shifts?? I cant get a clean sound.. its like 2-3 sounds at once. Is something loose or what?? please explain =)

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-27-2004, 01:33 AM
you should get a clean sound at those rpm ranges...everyone i know does. and so does mine, only thing i can think of is if uve got any leaks.

NipponHamFighters
03-28-2004, 03:52 AM
I have a Type S Greddy and it is a high pitch ping Swoosh Sound. If you shift at lower RPM then it is more of a fluttering woosh sound.

Evo8you
04-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Nippon's is doing what it's supposed to.

P.S. the top of the type-s should face the front of the car. The adapter piece should have the hose from the UIC pipe on it.Then the nozzle end should be blowing back into the intake before the compresser.

Muramasa
06-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Do you need to oil the Greddy TYpe-S ?? I see there is some grease in there. Could the "ping" sound be not enough white lithium grease??

Blaze
06-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Have you removed any of the internal springs?
What does your spring tension look like?

Muramasa
06-14-2004, 05:03 PM
I had to remove the inner spring because with them both in, the car would stall out at every single stop sign or anytime I would hit the clutch. Secondly trying not to recirculate, the idle would bounce from 250 rpm to 1k rpm. It would do that for a minute then smooth out but then once i start moving, and hit the clutch, the car would die. And for spring tension.. I am assuming u mean that adjusting looking thing on top. Its a little bit more than halfway in. Rob adjusted it for me.