PDA

View Full Version : MBC users PLEASE HELP?????!!!!

spinall4
03-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey members,

I really could use some advise cuz I'm TOTALLY dumbfounded right now. I just got done with a MBC install, following how everyone was installing the AMS MBC directions I got from EvoM. Now my question is, with the stock EBC the car ran perfectly at 19psi, now that the unit has been bypassed and not matter how much on the MBC I turn it will ONLY boost 11 psi no more no less. What is going on.

The way I have it hooked up is the same as everyone else. From wastegate hooked to inlet of MBC, and outlet goes to the T-fitting on the BOV hose. so what can be my problem.??? WHY only 11Psi.?????? :(

ANY HELP would be REAAAAAAAALLLLLY appreciated.

Thanks.

evod
04-27-2004, 07:42 PM
the inlet is supposed to be from the manifold source, outlet goes to wastegate. what happens is the "pressure" from the inlet pushes against the ball on the spring. once the pressure is enough, the ball gets pushed out of the way and the "pressure" goes to the wastegate to open the valve. g'luck an' enjoy

magicninja
05-27-2004, 11:06 AM
You should have had this fixed by now but I will still let you in on the problem just incase. I did the same thing on my EVO and man was it a headache! There are 2 pills (small metal flow restrictors) in the stock hoses. One is in the hose from the wastegate to the T and one is in the hose from the T to the boost solenoid intake side. If you remove just the pill in the hose from the T to the boost solenoid it will cause your boost to spike a little higher then normal (about 1 or 2 PSI) but if you remove the pill in the hose from the wastegate to the T or both pills there is insufficient pressure to activate the wastegate and you will only be able to build 11 PSI of boost. The solution is to place the pill back in the hose running from the wastegate (after installing a MBC depending on how you did it the hose from the wastegate may not be running to a T anymore). It does not matter if use the stock solenoid or an after market boost controller the same problem will occur.