PDA

View Full Version : Should maliburacer have been banned??

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Poll and paragraph below added in by Coolguy949:

For those that dont know, this week we banned maliburacer for several reasons:

- Non-sensical posts that either blatantly insulted a member or caused a flame war

- Several references to "busting up" the admin's cars if we banned him again (he's been temporaily banned before for the same stuff)

- excessive bad language and insults directed at other members.

do you agree with the action taken by the admins? was it too severe? not enough? just right?

please respond to the poll.....

Rob

I know I have been out of the loop for a while because, well I got a job finally. But something around here seems to be missing...

AH yes it is the astute observations brought to us by MalibuRacer, what happend to him? And curriously does he have silverish blue ricer tint on his car? cause i think I saw him on the 10 a while back but he just ignored me. :evil:[/quote]

alfredob1
03-26-2004, 10:20 AM
He's banned at the moment. He drives a BBY Evo but not sure about the window tint. If the car had a CF lip in the front it was probably him.

mprtklr
03-26-2004, 10:37 AM
i didnt want him banned, i just felt he was very egotistical and arrogant, and he needs to be controlled, becuase he is the type of person who will unfortunetly kill himself. he was proud of racing his evo down PCH at 160mph, and really openly not giving a shit about other people. thats what bothered me. but banned, i think that can be revoked. i mean ive argued with people on here, but still.

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 10:40 AM
ahh didnt see the lip maybe the guy was visiting and didnt know about Socalevo, or maybe that guy was just a dick.

Coolguy949
03-26-2004, 10:42 AM
He wasnt banned because of you......just his overall behavior on the boards is the problem. It wasnt my decision to ban him, it was voted on by all the mods and admins. He's had like 5 warnings in the past. He sent all of us a nasty email so that's what caused us to ban him. He's been banned before. We banned him for 3 days...then 1 week. I dont know how long this one is gonna go.

What do you guys think? I like to hear the voice of the members on this one...

Rob

GokuSSJ4
03-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Mailbu Racer is way different in person then on the net , well some .
He is the quiet type , from what i have seen . But always very unpatiente to do things . Like at in n out he was driving in circles for no reason :roll: acts like a 15 yr old. Then again he is only 18 ...
But on the forum , he wasnt controlling himself . I understand not agreeing with some people , hey we all don't . But sometimes or the mayority of the time we keep quiet or dont post . Simple as that !!! You don't agree with someone or you think is pointless of a thread then don't read it or go bashing on people ..
This is were Malibu could't control himself or wouldn't control himself. Also not sure if this is his first message board that he is part of , that can also explain it .
I dont know to how far he is going to or did to insult the mods and admids , and how other members feel . But if he can change his attitude on line and the way that he carries himself , then only then he should be allow back. Then again this is*just IMO .

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Uh I just found that thread in the cellar funny shit. He seems like one of those people who clearly gets caught in a lie and then to get out of it lies more and faster. carrera GT ha I had forgotten about that thread. Is that why he is out a Here, typical 18 y/o BS..Im young I have a fast car, I know Every thing, I am the worlds best driver, had he ever even been to a track?

I did really appreciate the I bet you wouldnt say that too my face sharassment of one of the other guys? Hell not only would I say it to his face i'll repeat it infront of large groups of poeple...that never happened

Oh well maybe he's cool in person, thats what they say about Bevo too...(j/k)

rEdEvO8
03-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Maybe a vote would help in this decision..... there may be some people that would feel better voicing (sp??) their opinion that way. I personally thought he was more rude than anything from what I have read. I have not met him in person, but from what I have read, I dont think I would want to......

Coolguy949
03-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Ok, I will make a seperate poll about him.

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 11:23 AM
can you just add it here?

re-EVO-lver
03-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't know him but first impressions are nery important and when he loses self control and a continual basis insults or threatens anybody on these boards something has got to be done. I think if he is to be allowed back on he should give a full apology to all at the next meet. But then again we could tar and feather him!!!!! :twisted:

Coolguy949
03-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Ok, poll added to this thread....

leaveit2bevo
03-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I think banning is stupid especially when its a board like this, we all hang out with each other and shit like that is bound to happen somtimes because people have different views. I dont think he should be banned because I have seen other people including myself get into stupid arguments like that. But apparently im the only one that thinks so since I am the only one that voted no.

perversity
03-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Here's my take on this as a moderator, and a little insight into what goes on behind the scenes at SocelEvo.net

Maliburacer had consistently submitted abusive or non-sensical posts, which lead to other SocalEvo members asking the moderators to do something about it. At that point we (the moderators) had already been discussing this topic.

Maliburacer then got abusive to at least 2 of the moderators. I met with Maliburacer in person, sat him down and told him to chill on the forum, or we would have to ban him - which he agreed to. I know that Rob has also had that discussion with him at some point.

A little while back the moderators got together for a meeting to dicsuss club stuff and over 45 minutes was wasted over the dilema as to whether to ban Maliburacer. We decided against it at the time and just talked to him about it again. This was around the time of meet #8.

Obviously, nothing changed. We continued to get complaints from other members and more than one of the moderators spoke out about the profanity and agressive nature of his posts.

This week we (the moderators) got together and decided to ban him. We feel its better for the forum as a whole.

At the moment Maliburacer is not even able to browse the forum as a guest, but we are working on a solution for that, so that he can browse but not post.

So you see, the decision to ban this guy wasn't a hasty one. We tried hard to explan to him that in order to participate in this forum you have to be reasonable.

I won't show you the email he sent to Rob when he found out he was banned, but let me tell you that it was not pleasant. So in hindsight I think we did the right thing.

If nothing else, at least us moderators can spend our time more constructively - doing positive things for the club rather than having to watch all of Maliburacer's posts etc.

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 12:07 PM
hey bevo you gotta admit he does spew alot of BS. I mean he expects us to believe he was doing 160 in his evo (cant do that) against a car that isnt on the road untill 06 model year according to porsche dealers. (dad just ordered new porsche info is for dealer gm) and that he hung with it well over 100 when we all know the evo is a dog past 105-110. He should get a temp ban for being stupid.

augi1
03-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Ok we all have fun her posting about each others looks, taco bell fart’s and Bevo's mom (that real fun). But when you start abusing and threatening people you go too far. He needs to know his actions have consequences and after so many warning, he deserves what he got. But it is up to the mod’s and admin’s to determine for how long, I think.

leaveit2bevo
03-26-2004, 12:13 PM
ya that shit is true but Brian(AD_LIB) said he saw the new carrea gt on pch I think. Even though malibu didnt race one to 160. Its just funny how different he is in person then on the internet.

moogle
03-26-2004, 12:21 PM
I think his our socalevo e-thug. Who wants to nominate him.
His actually a nice guy in person just when his online the thug in him comes out. Unban him bcz we know each other and know how he acts around us, its not like evolutionm where its bunch of yoo hoo's that we don't know and never met.

kaisho99
03-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Repeated abusive, destructive, profanity ladened posting = appropriate temporary banning after several warnings and talkings to by the admins.

Continued above behavior + threatening violence and retaliation to board staff = permanent banning in my mind.

Basically grow the fk up. This is a board for adults who like to get together and yap about their Evos, plan event that increase our skills, and generally have a good time while eating lots of greasy food. I have no time for your childish BS.

Bevo - yes everyone will have different views but you don't go ballistic on them for their opinions with mother f* this and fu that, and I'll "bust up" your ride if you cross me. Those comments were completely out of line. Period.

And yes you and others get into back and forth "arguments" BUT they are not in anger and 99% of the time you guys are just bs'ing (hazing) each other back and forth in a joking manner. Ya know? And that's all cool.

Absinthe - you must have missed the recent back and forth he had with mprtklr. It was extremely uncalled for and out of line and I imagine the catalyst to his recent banning.

Cr0mster
03-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Making threats to people on this board for trying to get him to calm himself and treat people better is way out of line. He has had many warnings. It falls in his lap for not listening.

GokuSSJ4
03-26-2004, 12:55 PM
like Kaisho had said it , he needs to grow up . Don't get me wrong Bevo i think he is a cool guy in person but went it comes to posting on the Forum . He gets out of line , i have stopped myself so many times from replying to one of his post . Just cause i don't want to get into an argument with him.
With Bevo freedom of expression all it means is talking trash about #@@@ FL@$% ..:wink: and that will get him going , but for the most part no where near like Malibu .
Is not so much that he lies or tells stories is the attituted and the profanity behind it ....

drmosh
03-26-2004, 01:11 PM
I want to make something clear, Maliburacer was a troublemaker, insulter, all that stuff, but that won't get you banned. What got him banned was the threats against the moderators and the threats against other members of actual physical harm against a member or member's car.

That is a huge no no... You do not threaten to do shit to other people's properties or person on any forum, internet or not.

That is my final word and he will stay banned until he grows up and apologizes and not think the world owes him everything.

rizalhoo
03-26-2004, 01:15 PM
errr...if I may make a comment in here.

IMHO although Ive never meet him in person also I've never meet many of us here too...if the mods decided to ban him then I dont have anything to say since it is their job to keep the peace on this forum nor I didnt say that he doesnt have to be ban, well punishment must be make after given severals warning but banning for good maybe that is too much dont u think?

I dont know though but if u were to ask me should he be ban or not..well maybe yes but for awhile but definately not for good since that aint cool; its like we are all one big EVO family in here (some of u maybe agree some maybe not) but i feel kinda "at home" in here and thats why I'm able to share my probs about the girl issue thingy or whatsoever... anyhow just my thought though

sorry if any words offends anyone, I never meant to offend anyone in here :) so conclusion, if mods and majority decide to ban him or not to ban him, i'll agree to whatever the decision is but just a thought if it is banning him for good then IMO maybe its too much?

peace V :D

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 01:16 PM
I think his our socalevo e-thug. Who wants to nominate him.
His actually a nice guy in person just when his online the thug in him comes out. Unban him bcz we know each other and know how he acts around us, its not like evolutionm where its bunch of yoo hoo's that we don't know and never met.

Man I want to be the Socal Evo Thug...hell at least i have the experience (college ice hockey) and metal plates (2) in my head to back it up.

rizalhoo
03-26-2004, 01:18 PM
I want to make something clear, Maliburacer was a troublemaker, insulter, all that stuff, but that won't get you banned. What got him banned was the threats against the moderators and the threats against other members of actual physical harm against a member or member's car.

That is a huge no no... You do not threaten to do shit to other people's properties or person on any forum, internet or not.

That is my final word and he will stay banned until he grows up and apologizes and not think the world owes him everything.

Oh well...if thats the case then maybe he really needs to fix his attitude first before coming back in here :D

BTW HEY WHATS UP DINO! :D

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Absinthe - you must have missed the recent back and forth he had with mprtklr. It was extremely uncalled for and out of line and I imagine the catalyst to his recent banning.

Can you link me to that thread? cant find it.

han74j
03-26-2004, 01:21 PM
what did he say??

rizalhoo
03-26-2004, 01:25 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1595&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Maliburacer is the Guest

leaveit2bevo
03-26-2004, 01:38 PM
yes i was banned, i feel that i should watch what i say online, i understand what im goin through is some stupid bs which i should of not started, but sometimes when im posting, someone posts bs and messes up a thread. Yes i have done what im saying, but i have learned from others on these threads....(thinkin its all fun n' games) but actually we are not settin a good example to others who view our site, so i will wait until it is appropiate for I to return back to socalevo.net forums, so admins and mods whenever you think im ready you do so, i do not want to rush anyone to make the their decision. Im gonna be at the next meet, im always down for a drive, but not to start shit, i just need to change my act towards some of you, w/e im chill yo, im going to wait to be un-banned and thats about it, late

he posted this under a different name on here, im posting it because he cant post it again or defend himself.

leaveit2bevo
03-26-2004, 01:47 PM
one more thing whats wrong with "profanity?" if thats the way I choose to express myself I should be allowed to do that, I still dont understand why some words are "bad" that sounds so childish to me.

ObsoleteAsian
03-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Not a fan.

apexstrafer
03-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Repeated abusive, destructive, profanity ladened posting = appropriate temporary banning after several warnings and talkings to by the admins.

Continued above behavior + threatening violence and retaliation to board staff = permanent banning in my mind.

Basically grow the fk up. This is a board for adults who like to get together and yap about their Evos, plan event that increase our skills, and generally have a good time while eating lots of greasy food. I have no time for your childish BS.

Bevo - yes everyone will have different views but you don't go ballistic on them for their opinions with mother f* this and fu that, and I'll "bust up" your ride if you cross me. Those comments were completely out of line. Period.

And yes you and others get into back and forth "arguments" BUT they are not in anger and 99% of the time you guys are just bs'ing (hazing) each other back and forth in a joking manner. Ya know? And that's all cool.

My feelings exactly. Making ridiculous false claims? Telling people they deserved to get their car destroyed? Making threats to members and admins? Ban his ass for good. Nothing more than an immature punk who brings the whole board down. He will forever retain the title of Assclown Type R in my eyes.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/award.jpg

Ricardon
03-26-2004, 02:30 PM
The fact that we are having this discussion is rediculous to me. Call me an asshole, whatever, I really could care less when discussing THIS topic. I just wonder if those of you who say he should'nt have been banned actually read any of his posts. Listen, the guy is cool in person, I'll be the first to admit that, but does anyone really think that's justification for poor behavior in a forum like ours? I think it's the opposite, actually, especially considering the type of organization that we have here. This isn't just an internet chat room, we have events, and we see each other on a regular basis. I consider many of you to be among my closer friends, and I personally feel that the relationships that I've made here are much more valuable than those of an evolutionm, or other sites that really are just internet forums. I love SoCalEvo, I've been here since the very beginiing when there were just six of us, and I spend virtually ALL of my spare time, moderating the site, working with the other mods and ROb/Dino to organize our events, and trying to set up new deals and plug for more interest from vendors/shops that will benefit all of us as a group. The EOC track events take up most of time. Hell, I'm posting from work as we speak! All this being said:

I DON'T OWE ANYONE SHIT!!!! The moderators and admins DON'T OWE ANYONE SHIT!!! We do this for free, and we do this because we love the organization that we've built and we love sharing our enthusiasm for the EVO with other enthusiasts. I will be absolutely God Damned if I'm going to let someone come in here and piss in my living room! I used to get pm's constantly complaining about Maliburacer's actions, and frankly I'm surprised and disappointed that there were'nt more! He had been warned several times BEFORE being banned, this is the third time he has been banned. Think about that! We don't want to ban anyone, trust me. After he was banned this last time he sent an email to Rob stating that if he found out that it was me who banned him he was going to trash my car. He also DEMANDED that he be given 3 SoCalEvo.net decals as compensation for being banned. Excuse me? This isn't Macdonalds, you aren't paying for service or product, and even if it were how does punishment warrant a reward. As Tony posted before, much time has been WASTED discussing the future of this individual on SoCalEvo.net, and I'm very sorry that I'm spending more time explaining it here. I wanted there to be no confusion for the rest of you as to why this action was taken. As I said before, The guy is cool in person, but he is decidedly not when he posts here. My rant is done. Thanks
-Rich

mprtklr
03-26-2004, 02:42 PM
he was an obvioulsy spoiled kid who has no comprehension of real life, he was living on mommy/daddy. most of us toil M-F 8-5 to afford an EVO and are old enough and have waited enough to appreciate it, whereas he was handed the keys to it. one day it will hit him, just not today.

moogle
03-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Who did he threaten???
I guess I missed all that. If he threaten someone than all means ban him, but his just a lil rich kid I don't think he can hurt someone unless his one of those colombine.

leaveit2bevo
03-26-2004, 03:31 PM
he was an obvioulsy spoiled kid who has no comprehension of real life, he was living on mommy/daddy. most of us toil M-F 8-5 to afford an EVO and are old enough and have waited enough to appreciate it, whereas he was handed the keys to it. one day it will hit him, just not today.

does this have any relevance?

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 03:38 PM
It is relevant, because as you get older you gain life experience and begin to appreciate what you have and what it takes to earn it. you dont think you own the world, and you dont say things like (and Im sumarizing heere) "Im glad you car got fucked up because its ugly"

mprtklr
03-26-2004, 03:40 PM
...and you don't believe that everything "should" be handed to you. thats why i believe everyone should be laid off from work at least once in life to know what it is like to have to worry if your going to have the rent money come the first. then you can appreciate having money.

leaveit2bevo
03-26-2004, 03:40 PM
not really I dont say shit like that and my mom bought this car for me I dont pay insurance, I dont pay gas, shit I dont even have a job and im bringing down the economy to, but I still appreciate what I have just as much as you do.

mprtklr
03-26-2004, 03:42 PM
then you are in the minority. Maliburacer was in the majority.

Takashi
03-26-2004, 04:23 PM
not really I dont say shit like that and my mom bought this car for me I dont pay insurance, I dont pay gas, shit I dont even have a job and im bringing down the economy to, but I still appreciate what I have just as much as you do.

ah wouldn't it be nice...... anyhow, in lite of the info that has been brought to everyone's attention, i'm voiting to ban for good. i don't really care who paid for his car, or how he is in person, the fact of the matter is that he repeatedly acted like a total ass and threatened mods/members (to put it quickly). that's all i need to know...

Absinthe
03-26-2004, 04:49 PM
you know what would be entertaining if they let him back but he couldn't post.

The when he got all worked up he couldnt do anything about it...oh thats rich. I am having a vision of a pimply faced highschool kid boiling over with rage at his computer.

apexstrafer
03-26-2004, 04:56 PM
you know what would be entertaining if they let him back but he couldn't post.

The when he got all worked up he couldnt do anything about it...oh thats rich. I am having a vision of a pimply faced highschool kid boiling over with rage at his computer.

LMAO

ObsoleteAsian
03-26-2004, 05:40 PM

Ding! Ding! and the award goes to.. mptklr .. :wink:

BTW a side note. I suck since I have never even made a meeting.. :(...

GokuSSJ4
03-26-2004, 06:21 PM
you know Bevo i think you relate to Malibu since you got banned at evom for flamming on @l .
An since you are also young and are able to be bless with your parents or mainly your mom to be able to get this type of car. But that has nothing to do with who is able to get the car for free and who works hard for it. Like Rich has stated if he is going as extreme as to email some one and even have it as on his signature to what he was unhappy with the band of his mailbu account and wanted to get violent (even if its just internet talk) is not cool ...
I know you defend him Bevo just don't take it to a personal level. Your fights and hazing on others is way different then the extreme malibu took it ....

gt40
03-26-2004, 06:57 PM
I don't like assclowns. I didn't even know he was banned and I never knew the guy. His posts were just useless and plain mean spirited...

Ricardon
03-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Dude Bevo....shut the F@CK up bro! You know damn well, that most all of us here can tell the difference between you and maliburacer. Yeah, you have your moments hehehe, but it isn't the same. Hazing people, which you learned form Mark and myself I might add, is one thing...being a prick is another. And yeah, most kids your age or under don't get it, I sure as hell didn't and I'd wager that 99% of the people on this board didn't get it either when they were 18-20. Difference is I wasn't a disrespectful cocksucker, and age isn't an excuse for being one. Your'e different because you actually listen to other people's opinions, you often challenge the fuck out of them, but at least you take them in (and don't anyone bring up dynoflush, whole different set of circumstances). Wait a second I thought we were talking about somebody else here hehehe. Take your lumps Bevo, this is called getting hazed by the upper classmen, you'll be doing the same thing when your'e old as dust like Mark!

GokuSSJ4
03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
the thing with @l was just an example of how someone can feel to the xtreme (regarless of the circumstances) but Bevo listens to other peeps and is able to make a decission from there.
At the begining with his humor i was like WTH ! but then you learn to understand it and he is not like that for must parts , even doh Bevo is young . So regarless of how old you are , you should be able to carry yourself a certain way on a forum and know what the limits are to joking around and trashing others ...

evogal
03-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Well, from what I have read since I have been a member is that Malibu has been to total ass. He even pissed me off quite a few times, but realized that responding to one of his posts is stooping to his level. I may have only been a member since Christmas, but I can tell that Bevo is just BSing around and not a threat to anyone.

When Malibu first posted about anyone with a BBY Evo to "help him out", the first thing I thought was "Why would I want to help out some punk ass kid?" (it doesn't matter about age, everyone is a punk ass kid to me with his attitude). When I did meet him at my first meet, he may have been quiet, but he still had the attitude.

As for the banning, I think he should be allowed back, but only after he grows up and doesn't act like a punk anymore. And at his rate, that won't be for quite some time.

leaveit2bevo
03-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Dude Bevo....shut the F@CK up bro! You know damn well, that most all of us here can tell the difference between you and maliburacer. Yeah, you have your moments hehehe, but it isn't the same. Hazing people, which you learned form Mark and myself I might add, is one thing...being a prick is another. And yeah, most kids your age or under don't get it, I sure as hell didn't and I'd wager that 99% of the people on this board didn't get it either when they were 18-20. Difference is I wasn't a disrespectful cocksucker, and age isn't an excuse for being one. Your'e different because you actually listen to other people's opinions, you often challenge the fuck out of them, but at least you take them in (and don't anyone bring up dynoflush, whole different set of circumstances). Wait a second I thought we were talking about somebody else here hehehe. Take your lumps Bevo, this is called getting hazed by the upper classmen, you'll be doing the same thing when your'e old as dust like Mark!

I WILL NEVER BECOME DUST!!!!!!!!!

LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG LEAVE A GOOD LOOKING CORPSE!!!

ObsoleteAsian
03-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Disregard his age and in maturity. I have known this for a few years. So I know a tap on his life and his ambitions. But all in all. remove this and take in what he has done as a user. He has threatened other members of the board. Which is reason enough to ban him, fully. And his IP. So he can't view. He has threatened other peoples cars, so he must be removed from knowing the location of these meets and what not. I know there are loopholes as using a public used ip or getting someone else to find out for him, but it should made hard. He has threatened moderators which, in my book is a big no-no. Yes moderators have power it goes to there head sometimes, depending on the actual person. He has been given "chances".. He has asked for free stuff from a organization that doesn't produce profit. I mean come on, remove his bads and goods and his physical friendliness or unfriendliness and this is what you have. Is the evidence of a user abusing his rights. I see more than 3 strikes you are out.

Plus last time I checked, the point of forums was a way of communication with people of a similar interest. Where people can converse and learn about a specific topic. Flaming posts do not help apply this method.

I think its wrong to ban someone temporarily or permanently because of distaste in their character. But I think its right when the person doesn't adhere to the rules of the forum.