PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Bushing, results?

han74j
03-26-2004, 11:49 PM
anyone have any shifter bushing install? do you feel any difference? i been reading, and poeple said that it does help a lot so i dont know...

which one have a better respons? polyurethane or metal? or are they teh same....

and why do we need to change it, why is the stock one sux? thx all

ReHeat
03-27-2004, 12:39 AM
I have the under hood 2 piece metal bushing, it improves the shift feel a little bit over stock rubber bushings. The stock rubber bushing is quite soft, so the shift feel is not as direct as the metal bushing.

EvolvedDSM
03-28-2004, 05:53 PM
I have the metal ones installed. I was skeptical of the results before installation, but couldn't be happier now that I have them. I did a little write-up here (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=657). The poly ones should help as well in comparison with the flimsy OEM bushings.

han74j
03-28-2004, 06:04 PM
man i wish i could of seen ur post like 2 days ealier.... i got the 2 sets of metals ones from lancer shop 71 bucks eah.... 20 bucks more goddmanit.. oh wells, i also got the kartboy short shifter, from what i heard with the underhood, the 8 piece metal bushing, short shifter, ss clutch lines most of the clutch problem will go away!! and also if you flush out your clutch system and puts some dot 4 clutch/break fluid in there omg!!!

ill probably install the bushing and short shifter next weekend, ill let you all know!! =0)

STFU Tuning
03-29-2004, 03:08 AM
8 piece metals, 2 under the hood, and a perrin ss.... I can finally enjoy shifting this car. I reccomend these mods to everyone.

Hallster
04-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the tips guys... one more piece of hardware added to the 'to do' list. Im ordering those tomorrow.

Nice work Jamie.

Sean

han74j
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
8 piece metals, 2 under the hood, and a perrin ss.... I can finally enjoy shifting this car. I reccomend these mods to everyone.

dont forget SS clutch line!! 20 bucks and not hard to install!!

STFU Tuning
04-08-2004, 11:17 PM

dont forget SS clutch line!! 20 bucks and not hard to install!!

Is there a tech article out there that shows the install procedure? I have the line but haven't installed it yet.

Thanks!

EvolvedDSM
04-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Is there a tech article out there that shows the install procedure? I have the line but haven't installed it yet.

Thanks!

http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?techID=26

augi1
04-09-2004, 02:20 PM
so are these supposed to be better than the poly that kartboy has or just have a different feel?

han74j
04-09-2004, 02:41 PM
so are these supposed to be better than the poly that kartboy has or just have a different feel?

not sure never had it, but the metal is hard, totally solid compare to the poly one from karboy.