PDA

View Full Version : cop followed me for 20 miles.

moogle
03-27-2004, 02:00 AM
Camaro cop followed me from work for like 20 miles. I went left he went left, I went right and so on. I finally exit and he slowed down but than went on his way. MY GOoodness this week is a bad week. Valentine radar I need u.

I am going 70 by the way and my turbo timer tells me if I pass 72mph so I know if I am speeding.

wilson1
03-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Damn, he's got nothing to do!

Ricardon
03-27-2004, 10:47 AM
What a joke...20 miles???? Did you have donuts in your car? Maybe he was attracted to them and couldn't help himself...it's like the rabbit at the dog tracks...they gotta follow!!!

leaveit2bevo
03-27-2004, 12:01 PM
ive heard its harassment if they follow you for more than a few miles.

moogle
03-28-2004, 04:32 AM
So if they follow u for 20 miles what can u do? Call the cops on the cops???

rizalhoo
03-28-2004, 04:37 AM
What a joke...20 miles???? Did you have donuts in your car? Maybe he was attracted to them and couldn't help himself...it's like the rabbit at the dog tracks...they gotta follow!!!

Hahahahaha this is funny hahaha :lol:

mprtklr
03-28-2004, 09:39 AM
brake check him....that'll show him...

ZIGGY
03-28-2004, 12:22 PM
damn cops need to get a life... like beat on their wife or something... better yet go pick on the pan handlers on freeway off-ramps

ZIGGY
03-28-2004, 12:23 PM
that's a pretty long stretch of area.. where were you driving?

Ricardon
03-28-2004, 04:31 PM
brake check him....that'll show him...

I forget who posted about it but I think someone here did just that! The cop was riding his ass, he checked him and I think the cop hit him. Of course, he got pulled out at gunpoint and booked for assaulting an officer, but in court it not only got thrown out, but the police dept was forced to pay for the damages to the guy's EVO. Of course that was in another state, not CA...here, who knows. A buddy of mine had a similar thing happen to him with a CHP bike! The cop, I dunno what his motivation was, was about a foot off his ass for more than a mile (he was driving a Type R). My buddy broke, the cop went down...ON THE FREEWAY...and never ran his plate. I'm assuming that if he ran his plate he woulda had swat outside his door in a matter of hours. I don't recommend brake checking the cops at all though. You'd like to sometimes, but you'll most likely land yourself in jail even if you are lucky enough not to cause a huge accident hehehe.

mprtklr
03-28-2004, 04:58 PM
i was only kidding, anyone who does that is playing with fire....

Ricardon
03-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Oh, I know YOU were kidding. I also know that some of these guys were like "hmmm, brake checking a cop" hahaha

STiTHIS
03-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Just drooling of the gorgeous ass of the evo! Or he was waiting to see if the wing would come off.

Secret Chimp
03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
When you think a cop is following you, pull over. Chances are, he will just fly right on by you.

He was hanging out behind you waiting for you to do something wrong so he could give fix-it's or other silly secondary offenses.(that can only be given if you are pulled over for another reason).

perversity
03-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Last night I had a really shitty drive home from 29 palms. I had some guys in a big fat american car trying to race me for ages (although I wasn't driving fast). They would cut in front of me and then try and speed up and stuff. We were driving along a stretch of roads with lights, so I would catch up to them at the red and it would start all over again. Eventually we went different ways. I was cruising down the carpool lane of the 91 about 4 car lengths from the car in front when some ricer in a Prelude came screaming up behind me with his full-beams on and rode my bumper for about 5 miles before darting around me. Then I had some truck doing the same thing. A delivery van! what's up with that? Finally he turned off. Then when I got on the 405 I was doing 55 in the slow lane behind a truck when I saw some ass mega-speeding in the carpool lane. It was a cop with no lites (in the dark) A few seconds later he lit up on some guy, who wouldn't pull over, so I saw them lit up for a couple of miles down the highway before I turned off. Hmm, glad I got home safe, that's all I can say. Riding the bicycicle today!

Coolguy949
03-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Hmm, So Tony you're one of those guys that drives the speed limit and holds up the carpool lane huh??!!

Just playing!! :D I drive really conservative on the streets too. It seems like every time I step on the gas and hit 20 psi i lose 1/4 tank LOL. Not only that, i just love cruising to music and relaxing when i drive.

Ricardon
03-29-2004, 01:41 PM
yeah how safe is driving insane speeds with your lights off? You know there's only one reason they'll do that too, and they do it a lot! Talk about disregard for public safety just to create more revenue. Kinda defeats the purpose of having them out there at all, no? Has anyone ever seen the BLACK CHP BIKES? Yeah, they have a limited number of BLACK bikes now, specifically for night-time patrols. Talk about shady!!

Coolguy949
03-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Reminds me of that cop that ran the red arrow and made a u turn (almost fish-tailing his donut wagon) just to follow me last Thurs.

I've seen those blacked out cop cars and cop bikes hiding behind large bushes and stuff. I rarely go over the speed limit anymore. I feel like this week i've been getting lucky. Every time i'm crusing and feel like driving really conservative I see a cop with a laser in the most unsuspecting places. Places I've never seen cops before. I just drive way slower now and always stay behind other people in traffic (at the risk of hood chips) just so they dont scan me.

GokuSSJ4
03-29-2004, 01:53 PM
yeah i hate went they go commando at night :?
their hard to spot !!!!

perversity
03-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Hmm, So Tony you're one of those guys that drives the speed limit and holds up the carpool lane huh??!!

I am now. Didn't used to be. I've done 6 quaters on the bike in the carpool lane in the past, but not any more...

leaveit2bevo
03-29-2004, 03:20 PM
RADAR DETECTOR

AC-eVo
03-29-2004, 04:20 PM
RADAR DETECTOR
they r uesless unless the cop use the radar...most of cops dont use them...i have V1 and dont even use it =(
only when i go to Las Vegas i use the V1
use ur eyes haha :wink:

GokuSSJ4
03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
but it helps at times , its a good investment ...

leaveit2bevo
03-29-2004, 06:05 PM
RADAR DETECTOR
they r uesless unless the cop use the radar...most of cops dont use them...i have V1 and dont even use it =(

ya without a radardetector your chance of getting a ticket over turned increases greatly, because then your speed becomes subjective.

EVO Neil
03-29-2004, 08:44 PM
RADAR DETECTOR

Seriously, I commute the 405 every day from Orange County to the Wilshire District and I wouldn't do it without my V1. Highway patrol uses nothing but Ka band, even on the motor bikes. I can't tell you how any times it has alerted me to their presence, and even though I just run with traffic, it's still nice to know when they are around...

kaisho99
03-30-2004, 08:04 PM

wow really? I use my V1 every stinkin day! Cops in OC are very fond of patrolling a road (antonio) I constantly use to go to work in the morning. sometimes there will be a bike and car catching each direction. V1 has saved my butt several times. Noticed recently too that a couple of them musta got some budget $$ cuz they've been using hand held laser guns just in the last week or so.

Ricardon
03-30-2004, 11:27 PM
I think the best thing about radar detectors is exactly what Neil said: They alert you to their presence, which alters your normal driving habits. Even the false alarms cause you to lift and look up hehehe. And if you get a laser alarm and it's you that got painted it's over, but you can be alerted to a cop painting the guy a few cars up which just might be enough time for you to slow before he paints you. I don't have one, but it sure woulda helped us avoid the Malibu incident way back during meet#2!

leaveit2bevo
03-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Time to get laser diffusers now that cops are using laser guns, but ya radar detectors are life savers they pay for themselves

GokuSSJ4
03-31-2004, 01:54 AM
now laser diffusers are illegal and they will know or for must of the time will know which car has it ..is like your laser gun working just perferct and you see this kid on an Evo and your laser gun goes blank ... Guess who's getting pulled over ...:roll:

leaveit2bevo
03-31-2004, 11:29 AM
last time I checked there not illegal YET

Evo-8
03-31-2004, 01:19 PM
V1 is the greatest. Oh and the thing about instant death upon being painted with laser. Thats not true. Ive been hit a few times and i slammed on the breaks fast enough for them to not get me. If u think about it, unless they have the gun mounted on a tripod, their hand wont be steady enough to get an accurate reading instantly. So if u slam ur breaks fast enough ur good. Also maybe since ur speed is dramatically dropping the gun wont be able to get a good reading. the V1 has saved me millions of times especially when it comes to Ka band radar. Only CHP uses it so its never a false alarm, i pay attention to it very carefully. And it always detects the cops from what seems like a mile away. PLENTY on time to slow down

Ricardon
04-01-2004, 02:18 AM
dude, the only reason you'll get the Ka from "miles" away is when he's lighting someone else up. If you get hit with a laser direct it's instant back to him...kinda the point of laser hehe

leaveit2bevo
04-01-2004, 03:32 AM
ya you cant out brake the laser its nails you in less than a second.

drmosh
04-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Radio based radar you can fool by hitting your brakes fast enough to cause a doppler effect, the waves become compressed and screws up his radar reading, but you cannot do this to laser as it is light based and does not suffer the same problem.