PDA

View Full Version : Azenis tire pressures

Coolguy949
04-05-2004, 05:22 PM
What are you guys running on your Falken Azenis Sport for pressure? I'm running 30 and the tires still look somewhat flat. I'd like to hear what everyone's running for pressures.

Ricardon
04-05-2004, 05:25 PM
For the street I run around 35 psi...probably a little too low actually, I should be running around 40 psi, especially since I'm not runing around like crazy boosting all over the place anymore hehehe. 30 is waaaaaaay too low Rob, damn that's almost what I'd start at cold on the pilot sport cups!!

drmosh
04-05-2004, 06:09 PM
For the street I run around 35 psi...probably a little too low actually, I should be running around 40 psi, especially since I'm not runing around like crazy boosting all over the place anymore hehehe. 30 is waaaaaaay too low Rob, damn that's almost what I'd start at cold on the pilot sport cups!!

You still drive your EVO??? :shock:

JUST KIDDING!

Hallster
04-05-2004, 06:43 PM
What are you guys running on your Falken Azenis Sport for pressure? I'm running 30 and the tires still look somewhat flat. I'd like to hear what everyone's running for pressures.

How do you like those tires campared to Yokes?

Sean

leaveit2bevo
04-05-2004, 11:22 PM
I run 36psi with the mueller allignment and he told me to switch the tire on the rim every 3500 miles or so to get the most out of the tire.

han74j
04-05-2004, 11:37 PM
30 psi is way too low u need to be around 35. a little lower on the tracks. my tires was really and it blew up while driving..... thats my 2 cents

Ricardon
04-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Well, we were starting at 40 psi cold at the racetrack, lowering as needed, but all three days I had the car out there it was freezing cold! The reason to start with higher pressure on the Azenis is because the sidewall is taller and seems to be a little less stiff on turn-in, but once the car settles in a corner and starts to roll onto the sidewall it sticks, what seems MUCH better than the stock Advans. I for damn sure am not as much of an expert as Mueller, he's a GOD, but from experience it seems that the Azenis like pressures between 36-38 pounds COLD. And for those not necessarily in the know, cold is generally what the tires are gonna be on the street. Save them and run at or close to 40 for the sreet. Drop it a little if your'e gonna run a LONG canyon and it's hot out. My .02.

apexstrafer
04-07-2004, 08:45 AM
yeah, I've been running mine at 35 f/r since I got them last week and they're definitely too soft. as rich said, the sidewalls are tall and soft (I'd go so far as to say "sloppy"), so to get any kind turn-in sharpness, 38 or so is probably the minimum.

bevo- when meuller said to switch the tire on the rim every 3500 miles, did he mean just rotate (front to back) or really flip it? as in, taking the left rear off and mounting it on the front left rim, and vice versa? and this is OT, but how do you like the alignment? you got the sway bar too, right?

leaveit2bevo
04-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Ya he said to acctually reverse the tire that way you wear it out evenly, I got the sway bar and the allignment which kicks ass